Spirit from Boston 5/7 Quick Review / Family Emergency

apc0204

Well I wanted to write a complete review of my trip however our group were only on the cruise for 2 nights due to a horrible sudden death in the family.

My father in law passed away on Saturday and we got the call as soon as it happened so we needed to make emergency plans. We had a FANTASTIC concierge in Bruce, he did EVERYTHING possible to make us feel better and help us make flight arrangements back home.

I will make this short as I just needed to take my mind of things for a little bit by visiting here on CC.

The ship is one of my favorites in the NCL fleet, gorgeous decor and just a breathtaking lobby / atrium area with fountains and glass elevators. We had room 10686 it is the big balcony stateroom all the way aft next to the kids pool. We were traveling with our 6 year old so it was PERFECT for us. We had no problem with noise from traffic (there were only about 120 kids onboard), and no problems with vibration whatsoever. This could be due to the fact that we had the SMOOTHEST sailing out of Boston I have ever seen in over 10 cruises leaving from Boston. It was literally like a sheet of ice on Friday leaving Boston so smooth. We had great weather the entire time of our stay.

We ate dinner in Tappanyaki on Friday night and it was excellent. The buffet for lunch was also great (there were some lines) but overall a great selection of food.

The kids program was great my daughter could not wait to go, we ordered her the backpack with the soda bracelet. Well worth the $39 it came with a VERY nice backpack, sunglasses, hat, tshirt, luggage tag, and soda bracelet. My daughter LOVED it. When they found out we had to leave early the counselors made my daughter a gorgeous basket with all kinds of toys and trinkets and a tshirt. Such a nice thought. She was so sad to leave her new friends. A huge THANK YOU to Salsa and all the other crew in the kids club!

The cabin had great tv for those wondering about channels and ppv movies. They had a ton of free movies all day long as well as espn, cnn, and some other channels. We only made one show and it was the Magician Jorgos who was excellent it was a Saturday matinee show at 2:30pm. If you like magic don't miss it.

Staff around the ship was VERY nice and genuine. Our only real disappointment was dare I say the nickel and diming : )

I know it exists and can tolerate it as I love cruising and I love the NCL product but it just seems like it never ends. We noticed it the past few years getting worse on our last three sailings. The new things we noticed were waiters soliciting passengers having a drink in the lounge with menus for the pay restaurants. At first we thought well maybe the passengers asked for the menus but sadly the waiter came to our table and asked us if we were interested in a good steak : (

Also at every dinner (well at least the two dinners we ate in Tappenyaki and Windows) hey have flower ladies selling roses. It would be a nice gesture to have them maybe set up a flower cart somewhere but they really put you on the spot " A rose for your loved one". Anyway this is my own two cents and will not stop me from taking another cruise with NCL.

Thanks for listening to this and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask can't promise a quick response as to the situation but I will do my best.

I’m sorry you didn’t get to enjoy Bermuda and the spirit due to your loss. You had a great cabin and it’s a shame that you had to leave early. I didn’t see the sort of nickel and diming you described but we were on a repo not the week long Bermuda trip so maybe that’s new.

Glad your girl liked the kids club – we found Salsa to be very friendly.

Hopefully you’ll have chance to try this again!

Archived