Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

Hi Clancy 14

I read a review by you that you stayed in room 8007 on the Celebrity summit. We have a group going on the ship in Nov and have head rumors that the window washing equipment is just outside blocking the view of the balcony. Is this true? Please let me know thank you

cruisebabs

Hi, Babs!

I was in Cabin 8070 and loved it! It was a C2 class for that cruise and the service and little extras were great. Window washing equipment is movable (Slides from cabin to cabin alongside the deck). It parks outside some cabin balconies but never ruins the view. Sometimes it is slightly in the shot in your balcony pictures but never affects the overall view! Think of it like a fire-escape! One nice plus for that cabin location too, is that it's equal distance to either set of elevators !

Hope this helps! - Clancy

Hi Clancy

Sorry to bother you again. We spoke to celebrity and they said in the picture that they have the equipment is stationed outside 8072, we have a first time traveller with us and we don't want him to be disappointed. Was it always stationed outside room 8072? Sorry to be a pain....

• 1 month later...

Just back from our T/A on the Regatta.While in Bermuda we used Duke Soares as our driver/guide.Don't believe we could have better---outstanding and with a excellent knowledge of both Bermuda and early American history.Really a joy to be with.We used him for 3 hours on the first day in port and 4 hours the second day.It was just my wife and myself.He has had some problems with his e-mail address so he had to change it.In case any body has been trying to reach him his new e-mail address is dukesoares@gmail.com.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Clancy

Sorry to bother you again. We spoke to celebrity and they said in the picture that they have the equipment is stationed outside 8072, we have a first time traveller with us and we don't want him to be disappointed. Was it always stationed outside room 8072? Sorry to be a pain....

The bracket that holds the equipment is permanently mounted but the washer itself moves during the day. It (the permanent station) will not ruin your view, just any pictures taken in that direction.

If you use Colin Jennings, you won't be sorry - he's amazing!! Tell him I said "Hello"!. I'll see him myself in September, when we return to Bermuda ourselves.

Merry Christmas to All - Miriam

• 4 weeks later...

thanks to a few of you on here (especially miriam!).....just booked with colin for my april cruise and cant wait !!!!!!! He sounded really sweet in the email and from the rave reviews im sure well have an amazing time !!!! ps-colin did say to say hello to you all (esp miriam again ) as i told him about his following here ; )

Any recommendations for a group of 7? We have greatly varying ages (9 to 67), and think a private tour would be just the ticket to meet a variety of needs/interests.

You might want to try Colin Jennings. I think he does larger groups also. you can contact him at colinjenningstaxi@yahoo.com. It usually takes a while for him to get back to you. He is 40 and hour. We are doing a tour with him this June.

Hello,

I just noticed the dates on some of these post. Does anyone know if Duke is still available for the taxi tours in July of 2011?

Thank You in advance,

Eileen

Once you are off the cruise ship, look for taxis with blue flags which indicate that the drivers are a certified tour guides.

Duke Soares, Taxi 1400 is a native Onion and a vintage car racer. He's a very knowledgable guide. Contact him at 1-441-535-3465 or Bdashortz@hotmail.com

Posted by CC member luv2cruz44, 4/29/10

We just finished a tour with Duke (Soares) and cannot recommend him highly enough. The tour was 4 and one half hours, …....... He was a wealth of information and very pleasant to be around.

Contact info in Philly Steve's post just above

SBtS

laszlo...i have colin booked for a day in april just from the rave reviews here on cruise critic...when i emailed him in dec it took him about 2 weeks to get back to me and he apologized.....this IS their off season and I guess things go a little slow this time of year plus it seems like they are not usually booked this far in advance (but of course i contacted him 2 months ago already cause im like that !!! lol)....from what Ive seen on these boards he seems to be amazing at what he does so if i were you id maybe give him a little longer to respond-seems like he may be worth the wait : )

laszlo...i have colin booked for a day in april just from the rave reviews here on cruise critic...when i emailed him in dec it took him about 2 weeks to get back to me and he apologized.....this IS their off season and I guess things go a little slow this time of year plus it seems like they are not usually booked this far in advance (but of course i contacted him 2 months ago already cause im like that !!! lol)....from what Ive seen on these boards he seems to be amazing at what he does so if i were you id maybe give him a little longer to respond-seems like he may be worth the wait : )

Thanks for the heads up, our trip is not until June so we have plenty of time. I'll give him a few more weeks

Thanks to all who posted stories about their guides. We just reserved with Duke Soares for August 18 off the Norwegian Gem. We'll be a party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) for a full-day tour with stops for swimming, etc. It should be a good way to see the islands, which the other members of my family have not seen. We'll let you all know how it goes.

I e-mailed Duke last night and he replied to me this morning. FYI to those who might try contacting Duke between now and March 1. He told me that he is going to be on vacation without access to e-mail until March 1. He said that he'll reply to any messages as soon as he gets back. So don't fret if you e-mail Duke and do not get a reply until after March 1.

Thank you all again!

Thanks to all who posted stories about their guides. We just reserved with Duke Soares for August 18 off the Norwegian Gem. We'll be a party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) for a full-day tour with stops for swimming, etc. It should be a good way to see the islands, which the other members of my family have not seen. We'll let you all know how it goes.

I e-mailed Duke last night and he replied to me this morning. FYI to those who might try contacting Duke between now and March 1. He told me that he is going to be on vacation without access to e-mail until March 1. He said that he'll reply to any messages as soon as he gets back. So don't fret if you e-mail Duke and do not get a reply until after March 1.

Thank you all again!

We have friends who booked with Duke and they highly reccomend him.:)

Thanks for the heads up, our trip is not until June so we have plenty of time. I'll give him a few more weeks

Laszo, it took me a while to get a response from Colin. I wanted to book him for June and it took me a while to hear back from him. I actually sent him two e-mails. Just after I sent him the second e-mail, I received a response to my first one. Try sendind him a second e-mail. Hopefully you will hear from him soon.

We will be a large group, 30+, and are interested in a guided tour using a bus/coach. Does anyone have any pproviders/websites that might be able to accommodate at least a large portion of our group?

Edited by CPT Trips

We will be a party of 4 off of the Gem in May --- looking to do the beaches and some shopping.. is it advisable to use a tour taxi or maybe grab a taxi or two while there. Do they tour guides, either Duke or Colin, sit with you or wait for you, if we are gone for several hours..

Thanks for the information :)

Laszlo: Did you ever hear back from Colin Jennings? We've been waiting to hear also & I was just wondering how long it took. Thanks!

Laszlo: Did you ever hear back from Colin Jennings? We've been waiting to hear also & I was just wondering how long it took. Thanks!

Not a thing, I sent him a total of three emails. I'm going to give it a few more days and then try and contact "Duke" or someone else

Not a thing, I sent him a total of three emails. I'm going to give it a few more days and then try and contact "Duke" or someone else

I think that's what I'm going to do too. I'll post on here if I hear anything in the next few days! Thanks for letting me know. Good luck :)