Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

• 1 month later...
On December 9, 2018 at 10:52 PM, HardyVA said:

Thanks for the advice. I'll email him this week.

I forgot to mention I did email Quinton right after I posted for our May cruise.  He responded right away and we're all set.  He said it's never too early to book him as he gets a lot of requests.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a particular site for finding blue flag taxis/ private guides? We are in Bermuda on May 1 -3 aboard, am travelling  with friends and family from Brazil and wondering if any tour guides speak portugese otherwise I will be translating all their information.

Is there a particular site for finding blue flag taxis/ private guides? We are in Bermuda on May 1 -3 aboard, am travelling  with friends and family from Brazil and wondering if any tour guides speak portugese otherwise I will be translating all their information.

Scroll back thru the thread for contact information for private guides and taxi drivers you can pre arrange with in advance. You can also find Blue Flag taxis when you get to Bermuda. They will be located in zone 3 at the Dockyard. No one has ever asked about guides that speak Portuguese but there is a large community of Portuguese in Bermuda that came from the Azores. I don’t know if many still speak Portuguese or if their Portuguese would be compatible with Brazilian Portuguese. I also don’t know who you could contact about a Portuguese speaking guide. Maybe one of the Taxi dispatch companies.  

8cc218853d2cc366dc3599137de43888.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I contacted Bermuda Island Taxi and they replied" The cost for 1-6 passengers is 95$ per hour and they recommend a 5-6 hour tour. We have 5 in our group, is the 95$ excessive or is that the new rate for blue flag tour guides?. We requested one who speaks Portugese. I am thinking more in the 4 hour range.

I contacted Bermuda Island Taxi and they replied" The cost for 1-6 passengers is 95$ per hour and they recommend a 5-6 hour tour. We have 5 in our group, is the 95$ excessive or is that the new rate for blue flag tour guides?. We requested one who speaks Portugese. I am thinking more in the 4 hour range.

The rate is supposed to be $50 an hour for 1-4 passenger taxi, $70 an hour for a 5-7 passenger taxi. So for 5 your rate should be $70 an hour. Perhaps they want more for a driver who speaks Portuguese? If they actually found a driver who speaks Portuguese that might be worth extra to you.

Six of us did a 4 hour tour and we thought that was sufficient. Just don’t let the driver convince you to drop you off at the caves or something like that for several hours as that takes away tour time and the driver would be doing nothing while in the caves but waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The rate is supposed to be $50 an hour for 1-4 passenger taxi, $70 an hour for a 5-7 passenger taxi. So for 5 your rate should be $70 an hour. Perhaps they want more for a driver who speaks Portuguese? If they actually found a driver who speaks Portuguese that might be worth extra to you.

Six of us did a 4 hour tour and we thought that was sufficient. Just don’t let the driver convince you to drop you off at the caves or something like that for several hours as that takes away tour time and the driver would be doing nothing while in the caves but waiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Charles, I did think it was 70$ per hour was normal.I know there is a large portugese speaking community in Bermuda  so figure there are more than a few blue flag taxis..I will translate myself for their price...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 9:08 PM, Charles4515 said:

Scroll back thru the thread for contact information for private guides and taxi drivers you can pre arrange with in advance. You can also find Blue Flag taxis when you get to Bermuda. They will be located in zone 3 at the Dockyard.

8cc218853d2cc366dc3599137de43888.jpg

This is a great map! Do you know where it’s from? I would love to share it with the group I’m bringing to Bermuda but I like to be able to cite my sources. 🙂

10 hours ago, cft8 said:

This is a great map! Do you know where it’s from? I would love to share it with the group I’m bringing to Bermuda but I like to be able to cite my sources. 🙂

The map was made by WEDCO, the West End Development Corp,  which overseas the Dockyard. The map was on their website, I took a screenshot, I don't think it is still on their site. I could not find it. It was also on a sign on the Dock. I took the photo. I don't know if that sign is still up but WEDCO has been pretty good about signage to direct tourists. Will have to see this year if any changes have been made.1 (7).jpg

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

Great map! Very helpful!   

But what are the train stops? I have been to Bermuda many times. I am pretty sure I have never

seen a train there!

It is a free trolly train that goes around and stops near various businesses. The Dockyard is compact and easy to walk around but some can use some assistance. Picture below of the train is the from WEDCO website.

https://dockyardbermuda.com/getting-around/

29564498f0d1aa16cb8726f9fd648744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
17 hours ago, HardyVA said:

I booked Quinton Bean at the beginning of the year for May. He said he'd communicate with me before our date but I have yet to hear from him.  He didn't respond to my recent email.

Hmmm, maybe write him again...? He was very responsive to me earlier this week but responses always came in the evening, i assume he's usually busy during the day.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 2:13 PM, ajtaylor29 said:

Hmmm, maybe write him again...? He was very responsive to me earlier this week but responses always came in the evening, i assume he's usually busy during the day.

Please share contact information on this Tour Guide please. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...