Bermuda private guide

fancycroozer

We got off the Escape on the 26th that sailed to Bermuda.  Brandi Stone was our guide and she was great.  I would highly recommend her.   Not all taxis have room for a wheelchair but her's did.  There were 6 of us and had plenty of room in her vehicle.   You can contact her at brandistone29@gmail.com or 4417735180.  We needed a ride to horseshoe the next day and requested her and she just pulled in so we got to spend time with her again.  Very friendly and professional.  Tell her Hi! from Linda & Fred.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sunshine55 said:

We got off the Escape on the 26th that sailed to Bermuda.  Brandi Stone was our guide and she was great.  I would highly recommend her.   Not all taxis have room for a wheelchair but her's did.  There were 6 of us and had plenty of room in her vehicle.   You can contact her at brandistone29@gmail.com or 4417735180.  We needed a ride to horseshoe the next day and requested her and she just pulled in so we got to spend time with her again.  Very friendly and professional.  Tell her Hi! from Linda & Fred.

Mistyped the tel #..should be 4417035180

Edited by sunshine55

• 2 weeks later...

Hi--I used this forum to find a private tour guide for our recent Bermuda cruise and I just wanted to report back.

We used Lewis Foggo (Lewis_Foggo@hotmail.com). He was great! I emailed him a few months in advance to see if he could accommodate 6 people plus store a folding wheelchair. He said yes. He charged us $70 an hour for the six of us, and we spent 6 hours with him.

We didn't have an agenda for him, so he took us to his most popular requested places. We stopped to feed some fish near the tiniest drawbridge, we got some great views at Fort Scour, drove through Hamilton and stopped at St. George's for lunch. Walked around St. George briefly before driving back near some beaches. We got out at one beach for a few minutes and saw Horseshoe Bay from the road so that we could decide which beach to go to the next day.

We were on Anthem of the Seas June 1-6, 2019.

Edited by MissDaisyofTexas

1 minute ago, MissDaisyofTexas said:

You're right, it was $70. We paid $420 for 6 hours. I'll fix my post.

Good! Glad to hear he wasn't charging more than he should. Unfortunately once in a while a driver does.

Edited by njhorseman

Back from our cruise and tour with Quinton. Our ship docked at 2 and we were off by 2:30. We did about 6 hours and back on the ship by 8:40. Quinton was easy to locate with his pith helmet and he did have our names on a clipboard. We started the tour with some general background on the dockyard and how the America's Cup race revitalized part of the area.  You could tell Quinton had quite a bit of pride in the island. That attitude showed in how he described the roof architecture and cisterns to the train system and burial practices. We had a person with a leg injury so that limited what we could see. Also due to the day of week and time of day, we only got to see the exteriors of some of the sites in Hamilton. Not Quinton's fault, but be aware that much of the island closes early or isn't open on weekends.

We did what I felt was a more local feel with lots of side roads - one lane with two-way traffic(crazy). On Scaur Hill we saw a wedding and another extended family having a picnic. With Quinton, I feel that we had a much more local account of life in Bermuda. Quinton said at the last census there were 68,500 Bermudians. I feel like he introduced us to half of them.

One highlight was an early dinner at the Flame on the North Shore road. Great food and great company. Much of what we were interested in was how do the Bermudians live. Quinton was happy to share how his family lives and how the population gets around (only one car per family) and what their typical days consist of. He took by a couple of places watching a soccer game and we could see that much of the island stops for the game or for cricket.

Because of the hour, we didn't get all of the sites we wanted. When we go back to Bermuda, I will be more aware of the day of the week and time of day and we will be asking Quinton Bean if he can take us around.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

Back from our cruise and tour with Quinton. Our ship docked at 2 and we were off by 2:30. We did about 6 hours and back on the ship by 8:40. Quinton was easy to locate with his pith helmet and he did have our names on a clipboard. We started the tour with some general background on the dockyard and how the America's Cup race revitalized part of the area.  You could tell Quinton had quite a bit of pride in the island. That attitude showed in how he described the roof architecture and cisterns to the train system and burial practices. We had a person with a leg injury so that limited what we could see. Also due to the day of week and time of day, we only got to see the exteriors of some of the sites in Hamilton. Not Quinton's fault, but be aware that much of the island closes early or isn't open on weekends.

We did what I felt was a more local feel with lots of side roads - one lane with two-way traffic(crazy). On Scaur Hill we saw a wedding and another extended family having a picnic. With Quinton, I feel that we had a much more local account of life in Bermuda. Quinton said at the last census there were 68,500 Bermudians. I feel like he introduced us to half of them.

One highlight was an early dinner at the Flame on the North Shore road. Great food and great company. Much of what we were interested in was how do the Bermudians live. Quinton was happy to share how his family lives and how the population gets around (only one car per family) and what their typical days consist of. He took by a couple of places watching a soccer game and we could see that much of the island stops for the game or for cricket.

Because of the hour, we didn't get all of the sites we wanted. When we go back to Bermuda, I will be more aware of the day of the week and time of day and we will be asking Quinton Bean if he can take us around.

Do you have a contact email for Quinton Bean?

We are confirmed with 2 of Quintons friends for this coming Saturday!  Since he was already taken he recommended 2 other drivers and we are super excited!!   As a result of many of your suggestions, along with a few of his, I believe that we have a wonderful itinerary planned for the day!  Thank you all!

On 6/18/2019 at 7:32 PM, mrsaknar said:

We are confirmed with 2 of Quintons friends for this coming Saturday!  Since he was already taken he recommended 2 other drivers and we are super excited!!   As a result of many of your suggestions, along with a few of his, I believe that we have a wonderful itinerary planned for the day!  Thank you all!

I have emailed Quinton to book with him, we had him as a guide last time we were in Bermuda.  He is booked this trip.  Would you share the names/contact info he recommended?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/18/2018 at 7:49 PM, elhenry said:

You’re welcome; I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

One word to the wise: everything in Bermuda is expensive including local fish joints. Budget more for lunch than you might for a similar meal in the states. The view is worth it:D

I never reported back!!!!  We had a great tour with Quinton! You are correct lunch we a bit expensive...he took us to a bed and breakfast...BUT the view was totally worth the price!!! The lunch was actually very good!! Thank you for your suggestion! 

• Like 1

We tried to book Quinton again for an October trip and he was booked.  However he assisted us with booking a guide named "Ms. Grace".  I am wondering if anyone has ever been referred to her via Quinton and if so how was she as a guide?

Thank you in advance!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Bermuda last week and had a private tour with Quinton Bean. He was great and he showed us so much of the island we would never have done on our own.

I asked him about other guides he refers people to when he is booked (and he is always booked way in advance). He said he has several people he refers groups to, but I believe "Ms. Grace" is his sister, who is also a qualified tour guide. The family owns several taxis and since he is so particular I'm sure whoever he recommends is great.

If you do get lucky and have Quinton as your guide, make sure you work out all the details in advance. We had assumed we would only be on a 4 or so hour tour plus lunch, but once we got in the taxi he said that he planned on a 6 hour tour for us. It was a little too long. Also, you might want to have an idea of some things you really want to see. We didn't want to do shopping, the caves or beaches and didn't come with a list so he had to figure out what to do with us. It was great and we saw and learned so much - but he can really personalize the tour if you want.

• Like 1

The days till our cruise got away from me (sailing 10/26).  I checked Quinton and Heidi and both are booked.  Lewis Foggo is available so I have tentatively booked him but so far my husband and myself are his only people, which I have no problem with.  I see he has been recommended in this past, so has anyone used him recently?  Some other names that have been suggested to me by Quinton were, Robert Minors and Rudolph Hollis.  Has anyone used either of these gentlemen.  On another board, someone suggested Ricky's MiniBus.  

Any info that can be provided is greatly appreciated.  

Called Quinton Bean this weekend to check his availability for our Carnival Sunrise cruise in Sept. and lucky for us he was available.  He was so easy to deal with and got back to me within a few hours.  After hearing all the good comments about him, we are really excited to have him show us his island.  We're leaving it up to him to show us the highlights, but we did tell him that we did not want to go to the Aquarium or Crystal Caves.  Thanks to all for your helpful advice.

• Like 2