CP questions from newbie

Bustersmom

Cruising CP in April for very first time. These boards are so very helpful! I have two questions. First, on formal nights, if you choose to eat in alternative restaurants like Sterlings etc do you have to dress formally? (I know you do in all dining rooms) and I was under the impression that room number 509 would be Port side but in reading a recent post it seems that is not true. I have to say my TA was not very helpful in this cruise at all, I learned tons and tons just from reading these posts. I was told this would be port side by her.

On formal nights, except for the buffet, the alternates are also formal wear.

Yes, you are correct, your cabin will be starboard. Even numbers are port, odd numbers are starboard. I would contact your TA and see if there are any cabins on the port side left as you can still switch, if that is the side you really wanted to be on.

Enjoy your cruise.

You're going to love the Coral Princess. She's nicely laid-out and not too big. I don't think it makes any difference which side you're on since in some ports, the port (left side) will be facing the port and in other ports, the starboard (right) side will be facing the port. It'll depend on your itinerary and whether you are docked or tendering.

"Port" side is the left-hand side of the ship. I remember it by thinking that port and left both have 4 letters in the word.

I should have been clearer, it will be the Caribbean Princess in April. Thanks for all the info on port and starboard, I guess I will just leave it alone. My TA as I said was not that knowledgeable. We did book a mini suite on dolphin deck which I now know is fully exposed balcony. I have thought long about this and since we are coming from upstate newyork where the sun never shines, perhaps this is not such a bad thing. I have tried to look at diagrams and photos of mini suites on line and am wondering if there is room out there for a lounge chair? Thanks again to everyone, this is just the best forum out there.

I should have been clearer, it will be the Caribbean Princess in April. Thanks for all the info on port and starboard, I guess I will just leave it alone. My TA as I said was not that knowledgeable. We did book a mini suite on dolphin deck which I now know is fully exposed balcony. I have thought long about this and since we are coming from upstate newyork where the sun never shines, perhaps this is not such a bad thing. I have tried to look at diagrams and photos of mini suites on line and am wondering if there is room out there for a lounge chair? Thanks again to everyone, this is just the best forum out there.

We're also on the Caribbean Princess in April - what's your sail date? We are also on the Dolphin Deck. I believe I read in a prior thread that there is room for at least one lounge chair, but you may have to request it from your cabin steward.

Have a great day!

Alice

There isn't a lot of room on Dolphin as you will have two padded chairs that do tilt back and two 'regular' plastic chairs, a table and a small side table. If you removed or put some of it to the side you could get one lay down type lounger.

We were on the Dolphin Deck in July on the Western Route -- We were not on the port side but in Jamica our room faced the port -- I loved this as I had a huge Happy Birthday Banner that I had made for my husbands birthday hanging on the front of our balcony.

We only like to dress up one night (mainly to have our pictures taken) so the other formal night we head to the Buffet. If you choose one go to the 2nd formal night when they serve the lobster.

You will love the CB (CP is Coral Princess). We had such a great time in July we are going back this March!

Christy

Bustersmom,

Finally someone else on this sailing besides us. I've been watching the board for someone else sailing 4/9 and tried the roll call section but nothing came up. There are 3 of us; DH, DD age 8 and me.

mary

We were on the Caribbean Princess in late November, early December and had a great time. The balconies are plenty big for several chairs and a table. We had the Caribe deck which has larger balconies and is half covered-half open. You are going to have the best time. We did the Eastern Caribbean.

Archived