Carnival - Prohibited Items

scwhiner

While I am not on the bandwagon to ban smoking ( I am NOT a smoker), I'll ask this question since you brought up the subject that might put the thought of banning smoking into a little more clear perspective, at least from where I sit.

Which is more safe? A few folks bringing a fan or curling iron or someone (either inebriated or not) falling to sleep in bed with a cigarette?

Just a thought.............

Both are equal. It only takes a spark, to light an inferno. It's a ship, with no place to go, but into the water.

I have and you're right... those items ARE permitted on board.

I'm hoping that I'll get something official from Carnival in this regard this afternoon...

Hi Mach,

If you do get anything official, would you please post it in real big letter or something. I will print it and bring it with me - just in case... I'm sure many other women with rogue hair will do the same

:p

Okay - I know I will be bashed for this one - BUT

Do you not think there is a reason for having only one outlet in the cabin - I think it would mean to only plug one thing in. Now people are bringing power cords which it exends that one outlet by say 5 times its capacity does that not compute some how. When are we going to learn that we are guests - yes we PAY and this OUR VACATION but enough is enough already. We don't NEED all these gadgets but we WANT them and eventually have to pay the Price. When we book why not say all the electronic things we are bringing and get charged accordingly. You want a computer 1 point, cell phone 1 point, Ipod 1 point, blackberry 1 point, curling iron 1 point, hair dryer 1 point, walkie talkies 2 points, kindle 1 point and so on and so forth - only saying that this might be an alternative.

Okay - I know I will be bashed for this one - BUT

Do you not think there is a reason for having only one outlet in the cabin - I think it would mean to only plug one thing in. Now people are bringing power cords which it exends that one outlet by say 5 times its capacity does that not compute some how. When are we going to learn that we are guests - yes we PAY and this OUR VACATION but enough is enough already. We don't NEED all these gadgets but we WANT them and eventually have to pay the Price. When we book why not say all the electronic things we are bringing and get charged accordingly. You want a computer 1 point, cell phone 1 point, Ipod 1 point, blackberry 1 point, curling iron 1 point, hair dryer 1 point, walkie talkies 2 points, kindle 1 point and so on and so forth - only saying that this might be an alternative.

Would you like to borrow some body armor? I found it most helpful when I engaged in this particular fray last week.

Hi Mach,

If you do get anything official, would you please post it in real big letter or something. I will print it and bring it with me - just in case... I'm sure many other women with rogue hair will do the same

:p

I have heard, unofficially, that the incident with the curling iron was an over zealous individual and it should never have occurred. We've seen this in the past at other ports.

I don't expect the 'official' word to be published until tomorrow but for the moment, please, any of the ladies who want to bring a curling iron/straightener have no fear... it WON'T be confiscated...

:)

Would you like to borrow some body armor? I found it most helpful when I engaged in this particular fray last week.

You know I could use it - as often as I disagree with you I also find I agree with you on so many points. We should compare notes and we probably will find that we are related many eons ago.

You know I could use it - as often as I disagree with you I also find I agree with you on so many points. We should compare notes and we probably will find that we are related many eons ago.

It's possible. My family *did* get kicked out of Canada.

Why stop at curling irons and straightners...Why not just ban ALL electrical items except those for medical purposes and be done with it...Every electrical appliance has the potential to be a "fire threat".........:rolleyes:

Why stop at curling irons and straightners...Why not just ban ALL electrical items except those for medical purposes and be done with it...Every electrical appliance has the potential to be a "fire threat".........:rolleyes:

:eek: Don't ban BOB :eek: That's just wrong. ;)

First, I know with certainty this post will get many who will slam my thoughts and opinions, but I felt the need to express my thoughts after reading through several posts here and on the Carnival website. We are preparing to cruise in July and plan to have a wonderful vacation.

I look at the prohibited items as a means for safety and for all who are in a rant and rave over these items, I'm sorry to see that it will ruin your vacation. The ship is no different then the airlines or any other mode of transportation looking to keep it safe for all passengers.

The one post that got me the most was one that said if you are banning this (power strips) then you should ban that (smoking). This isn't a post about smoking so I hope it doesn't go in that direction.

There doesn't need to be a trade off. Carnival makes rules and if you are going to let electronic fire hazards ruin your vacation because it will keep the other 2000+ people on board safe I feel even more sorry for those that would be self centered enough to think along those lines. The lists of things people have identified that get plugged into those strips...then there are the other household appliances to heat / cook food, then the rum runners or other means of smuggling items on board.

I am glad to see that Carnival is enforcing rules, whether I like them or not, which there are many I don't - it's their ship, not mine. It's my vacation and I chose Carnival because of the atmosphere, people and entertainment the cruise affords. If I don't like it, I'll do something else instead of ranting and raving about how unfair it is that I don't want to follow the rules that are put into place for my own safety.

Very well said!!

IMHO the major issue is that we all are often very reluctant to change, so when rules have been loose but are now enforced we all become upset.

If you think about it, we used to be able to bring liquids onto planes, but now you have limitations for your carry-ons. People go through security and if you have too much it is taken...and it is for our safety. It isn't any different on the ship...the rules are there for our safety...and whether we agree with them or not, we must abide by them or find another means by which to vacation.

Remember...rules are made because someone did something wrong that impacted something. There wouldn't be rules if everyone always did everything correctly all of the time.

Archived