Triump cabin question

sailsand101

My wife and I took our first cruise 2 years ago almost to the day on the Triumph and stayed in an aft cabin on deck 7...we thought it was great. Barely felt any ship movement all week. Wife and I said when we got back best 7 nights sleep we had in ages!! Noise was pretty much non-existent.

Large balcony was nice as was the view. One thing we enjoyed was "socializing" with folks in the other aft cabin because of the staggered balconies. When we pulled into port in Cozumel, walked out on deck, several folks also were out as the shipped docked. I was talking with a guy in a cabin too our right (actually, he was a celebrity as he had one the "hairy chest contest" the day before. He asks me...how'd ya like that thunder storm last night....I'm like...what storm?!?!?! Don't know if that speaks for the quiet of the cabin, or how passed out I was from the days activities. Personal, I'd do another aft cabin given the chance.

Doing the exact opposite this Saturday on the Liberty staying in a forward cabin on deck 6.

OP: You did not say if you were interested in balcony or ocean view cabins. I stayed in 2456 OV, corner aft. While the cabin is extra large it is a horrible cabin to be in. It is directly above an engineering space that never shuts down. Noise and vibration 24/7. My neighbors in the other aft cabins were also complaining about the same problem the whole cruise. Definitely would not recommend it to anyone. I can only blame myself for booking it. I broke my own rule of cabins above and cabins below.

In Carnivals defense they did offer to move me to the only available cabins on the ship, an inside 1A. With no money back at the time. I declined the move. After I got back I called my PVP and discussed it with him. He made a phone call and got me a $200 credit back to my charge card. That took the sting out of it. So I definitely think Carnival stepped up and did the right thing in the end.

Archived