Do we have enough time?

lampshadehead

Our ship gets into Nassau at 12pm and leaves at 10pm (on a Thursday when I heard the blue lagoon beach is only open to the cruise ship). We really wanted to do the Dolphin or Sea Lion encounter at the Blue Lagoon, but we also wanted to enjoy at least a nice hour or two at a beach. (We are two adults with our 10 yr old)

Will we have enough time to do both an animal encounter and beach? Does anyone recommend taking another route, such as the Sheraton pass, or another animal encounter not at Blue Lagoon? At first the idea of staying in Nassau until 10pm sounded great, no rushing back to the ship and stuff, but now it seems like we wont have enough time to enjoy the excursions :confused:.

Since the last ferry back from Blue Lagoon is at 4, you probably won't have time to use their beach after your animal encounter. But you could do this - have the Blue Lagoon ferry drop you off at the Paradise Island ferry terminal instead of dropping you off at the port. Then you can walk over to Cabbage Beach (which is a free public beach) and hang out for a few hours. Cabbage Beach is right next to Atlantis Beach and it's very nice. Take a taxi back to the ship at your own leisure.

Yeah, that's a bummer. But you will love the animal encounter. Which one are you doing? We did the dolphin encounter and it was great. I'd like to go back someday and do the sea lion encounter. The sea lions seem like they have so much personality.

Here's a picture of Cabbage Beach:

ry%3D480

The main disadvantage of Cabbage Beach is that there aren't any restrooms. So if you decide to go there, use the Dolphin Encounters restrooms first. :) But for a few hours at the beach (free) after your animal encounter, this would be a good option.

Thank you for that picture!

I havent decided yet which one to do. Another thing that confuses me is that the option for the animal encounter is not available on the carnival excursions list that day, only the beach day is! I emailed dolphin encounters and they gave me a price, but I am still a little confused.

Cabbage beach kind of resemebles (CB looks a little nicer) the beach we went to when it was just hubby and I, but I think we were farther down. I cannot for the life of me remember where we went, we just got in a cab and it was about a 10minute ride. It wasnt bad, but would like to go somewhere a little nicer this time especially with the kid in tow!

Archived