Has anyone used shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com

cprofits

We just returned from our cruise and used Share A Shore Excursion in Livorno/Florence -- and we would HIGHLY recommend them! They communicate very quickly via e-mail, making it a pleasure to deal with them. Our guide, Gian, speaks English very well, has a good sense of humor, is an excellent driver, and is very knowledgeable, personable and informative. He answered all of our questions and really helped us understand the history, culture and geography of the region. The van was comfortable and equipped with a sound system so we could all hear the guide's commentary. Its size allowed us to get much closer to the sights than the ship's tour buses -- so we were able to see a lot without a great deal of walking. We also visited San Gimignano, the medieval walled city with towers featured in the movie "Tea With Mussolini." Four couples shared this tour, and we were all delighted!

• 2 weeks later...

You can't get this close on a bus! Remember that when thinking about your drop off and pick up locations people! The cruise tours operate with huge busses, and we found that with all our Shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com drivers..they were always able to get us right up to the site we wanted to see with no problem. There cars have the RIGHT license plates to get you in far closer than any other company we heard of. We know quite a few other couples that used other companies, and had to do a lot of walking! We loved our Drivers: Walter in FLorence was such a wealth of knowledge! He told us all the ins and outs of the city and what was the best to see first, and even took us on a detour through the Chianti region before we went to Pisa just so he could show us his favorite winery's and farm houses! Such a cutie. Then Lucca in Rome....now you really need a good driver here because there is SOOO much to see. Lucca got us a private tour guide in Vatican city which we all split because there was no way we would have been able to see everything otherwise. She totally got us to skip the lines and got us into the Basillica ahead of hundreds of waiting tours! Loved that!....then there was Fulio in Sorrento and Positano. This was my favorite city in all of Italy, and Fulio made it a wonderful experience by making sure we got the best views possible....and a great driver on the amalfi coast at that!

• 2 months later...

We were thrilled with this tour company. The ship's excursion to Pisa/Florence was $349 PER PERSOn and with 8 people in our group it was $190 + lunch. Our guide Davide was terrific and we covered a lot of territory including a drive through tuscany.

Our guide in Sorrento, Fulvio, was amazing and knowledgable. He took us places that the large buses could never get to. We arrived at Pompeei before the crowds and he had arranged a private guide for the 6 of us - what a difference that made. When we left there, the hoards of buses were just unloading. Lunch was in a family owned restaurant that was incredible - included family style plates in 3 courses and wine was also included - for 20 euros pp.

Highly recommend this company - just remember, though, you have to post on your ship's roll call to collect members to join you - the more that you can get (max of 8) the less you will spend.

• 2 weeks later...

We used this company for a tour of Rome, one of Messina and for our transfer from Civitavecchia to the airport. They were a pleasure to deal with and the price was great. We were a group of four and ended up with 8 for our Rome tour. Our driver/guide Luca was very knowledgable and a fun guy. We took their "Best of Rome" tour and managed to see all the major attractions in one day with a stop for a local lunch and the best gelato we had in Italy.

In Messina it was only the four of us and the weather was terrible, cold and rainy. Our driver, another Luca, adjusted our tour for the weather. He was very passionate about his home and took us to some places off the beaten path to give us a real taste of his country. It was the best tour of our trip even with the rain.

The transfer from the port back to our hotel was 8 people from our ship so the cost was only 25 Euros per person. Remo was a great driver and gave us some great information along the way. I would recommend this company to anyone going to stops in Italy. They were a pleasure to deal with from start to finish and a great value.

we used Share a Shore Excursion 2 weeks ago in Rome. They were excellent. Our guide Stephano was very pleasant and knowledgeable. He grew up in Rome and knew how to get around the city quickly so that we could hit our places of interest and make the best use of our time. When we wanted to see some off the beaten track places, he was able to flex the schedule. Good luck with your trip!

• 1 month later...

We used this company in four ports, Catania, Salerno, Rome and Florence. In Catania we were supposed to go to Taormina and Siracusa. However it was raining quite hard. The driver suggested that we skip Siracusa where the rain was and took us instead on a lovely tour of Savoca and Castelmola prior to going to Taormina. We missed the rain and had a great day. Antonio was a good guide and driver and made sure that we were well cared for. His command of English was good and he explained a lot as we drove along. In Savoca he even took us on a walking tour,

In Salerno our tour was of the Amalfi Coast with stops inAmalfi, Positano and Sorrento. Fulvio was our driver and one could not ask for a better guide. The day was fabulous from the scenery to the commentary provided by Fulvio to the fabulous lunch at La Tagliata. It was the best day of the cruise. The scenery was spectacular and he explained what we were seeing as we were driving. There were many stops for photo-ops and everyone had a great time.

Rome was a different story. Our driver was not well organized and because of this we did not see all the places mentioned on the itinerary. It turned out to be a disappointing day, especially at the Vatican where some of our group did not even have time to get into St. Peter's Basilica. The Vatican Museum was so crowded that we saw nothing and were just pushed through from room to room, even in the Sistine Chapel.

We felt this tour could have been a lot better.

In Florence we opted for a transfer into the city from the port of Livorno. Our driver, Cora was good and provided a stop at the Piazzale Michelangelo for a photo-op and then continued into the city. She was a good driver and provided good commentary along the way.

In all, I would recommend this company for all the ports except Rome. Others have had good experiences in Rome so I would probably say that we were unfortunate to get the driver we did and it would have probably been a better tour if we had a different driver.

Signing up on the website was easy and payment was no problem at all. They got reserved tickets for us at the Vaticsn Museum, the Colisseum, and the Academia in Florence allowing us to skip the lines.

All in all, they were a good company to deal with.

Terri

My DH and I joined groups and went with this company to Rome and Naples.

Our experience was fantastic and will use this company again, hopefully next summer:)

They were very professional from start to finish and would recomend them to all

Jackie

• 2 months later...

We used Share A Shore Excursion in Italy (SASE) this past October for the first time after learning about them on these forums. We had nothing but fabulous tour guides and wonderful experiences. We saw much more than we would have through the boat excursions and it was great to have private transportation and a small group. I HIGHLY recommend them and will use them again the next time I tour Italy. If you go to Naples/Pompeii, you MUST request Stephanie. Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Hi CP Profits

I thought I would just let you know that three friends and I have just arrived back from a cruise on Royal Caribbean. The highlight of our cruise was the two tours taken with shareanexcursionin italy. I originally set up a group on their website and this was kept open until about a week before cruising where we obtained two couples from our ship to share the tour.

The tour to Rome was taken by a lovely guide Roberto and he was able to take us right to the different attractions which was a great advantage as the weather was not at its best. He was kind, knowledgable and an experience driver and nothing was too much trouble. We saw all the sites in Rome with avoid the queue tickets and this is exactly what happened, On arriving back at the ship in the evening many people we spoke to did not have the same experience with the ships excursion or doing it by themselves. This was a comfortable, hassle free , well designed day and we could not have had a better trip.

The following day we did Florence. Gian our driver was again experienced, knowledgeable and showed us great kindness. We were able to get right into the heart of Florence to the many little squares and he also obtained for us tickets for Academia museum where once again we avoided the very long queues. He advised us not to buy an icecream in the centre as it was expensive and took us at the end of the day to a small gelato shop near the river where we ended the day with a wonderful icecream. It was the perfect end to a perfect day. We were joined by two other couples who had found our group set up on the website and this of course halved the cost of this trip to Florence.

Oana at Shareanexcursion is also so helpful and patient and helped us and the other couples to arrange these tours. No money changed hands until the very end of the day of the tour.

If you are not sure about setting up a group for just the two of you see if there are any others available that you could join. Oana might be able to help you with this and obviously if you set up your own group request other couples to join you on roll calls for the ship on cruise critic and the forum in cruise.co.uk.

Our roll calls were very slow to react until about two weeks before the tours and then we were able to get others to join us.

I can only advise that this was the best way of seeing these beautiful cities especially Florence and you will not be disappointed.

Have a good holiday

Janice

• 3 months later...
which is advertised at the top of the cruise critic page periodically? I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response. Our cruise is in July and we are past final payment so I would think people would be making their arrangements. Unfortunately, our roll call is very quiet and does not have a lot of posts. I'd like to plan shore excursions for Rome and Florence and there are just the two of us so 900 euros for both is expensive.

I went to www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

Folks I used this company (www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com) for my to and from port transportation in Rome and they were very reliable, easy to deal with and had a great follow-up. If I get back I will definitely use them again and have recommended them to my friends and family already.

Whist berthed in Cititavecchia in August 2012 we wanted to do Rome thus we needed to find an excursion company who could deliver the maximum in the minimum amount of time as our ship was scheduled to sail at 6.00pm and we wanted to see everything we could in the one day as that was all the time that we had.

I search all the tour operators and settled on Share a Shore Excursion in Italy as they seemed to offer the most at a reasonable price.

We settled on their, 'The Best of Rome Tour with skip the line tickets and a Guide for the Vatican'.

Two of us were from one ship [Azamara Quest] and the other four were from another ship [Liberty of the Seas] yet bringing it all together on the Web Site was quite easy although I did have to wait for a few days for the others to join the group that I set up. [ Go into the site and you will see what I mean.]

In summary the service that Share a Shore Excursion provided was excellent. Their Driver arrived early and was waiting for us even though we were early too. That got us of to a flying start which was important given the time constraint that we were under.

The tour delivered even sites more than we were promised, yet we had sufficient time at each!

Having front of the line tickets is a must, as is a guide for the Vatican if you are short of time.

Even thought it is not cheap to do it the way we did, great service was provided and the tour ran like clockwork.

Finally I must make mention of our driver 'Big Luca' who was interesting, informative and very entertaining.

Would I use them again? Certainly.

Darryl

We just returned form a cruise to the Mediterranean. For the Pisa, Florence and Rome excursions we booked the service of Share a Shore Excursion in Italy The experience was excellent. The tour drivers were very knowledgeable, courteous and friendly. The vehicle was clean, with Wi-Fi. The groups were small so we could enjoy better the tours. If you are taking the Rome excursion I recommend you take the tour that includes the ticket to the attractions. We highly recommend this company.

We just arrived back from our first cruise and used shareashoreexcursioninitaly as much as we could. We booked with others using cruise critics under our cruise name and found several different groups of fellow cruisers who were interested in joining small groups to Rome, Naples and Ephesus. In my opinion, these tours were cheaper, fun as we only had 7 other passengers and we were able to move more quickly and get the maximum out of our day. We had Roberto as a driver in Rome, Lorenzo in Naples and a driver in Ephesus and they were all exceptional. We would highly recommend this service if you are looking for a smaller group to enjoy the sights with. Cheers and good luck!

We went on the shareashoreexcursioninitaly tour from Livorno to Pisa and Florence. We had organised through the Norwegian Epic Roll Call, (9th Sept 2012). It was superb, Mima and driver Fabio excellent. We also did Naples with AP Tours and Marseille Wine Tour using provence-connection-tours. All were great, and booked up through the roll call.

We met some really great people on the tours as well, all keen to have a good time.

Value for money on all these was great, and the more planning you can do beforehand, eg booking Leaning Tower of Pisa Tickets etc, the more you will get out of the day.

I have posted longer reports on tripadvisor, my name there is midageskier....

which is advertised at the top of the cruise critic page periodically? I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response. Our cruise is in July and we are past final payment so I would think people would be making their arrangements. Unfortunately, our roll call is very quiet and does not have a lot of posts. I'd like to plan shore excursions for Rome and Florence and there are just the two of us so 900 euros for both is expensive.

I went to www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

Hi

We used them for a tour back in 2010 for the Amalfi Coast and Positano...can't remember the lady's name but she was a delight and full of knowledge. They are a very reputable tour firm and I know I did an extensive research and they were very reasonable compared to others...Great, friendly service and spoke English well...

Go for it...you won't be sorry!!!

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...

Highly highly recommend http://www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com

The pic is with our driver in Rome. Loved him! :)

Rome tour - We absolutely enjoyed our tour! The driver was amazing & knowledgeable of the sights. It's the best to have a small group and get undivided attention and not hard to keep track of everyone. The Vatican guide was also great & very knowledgeable. We will definitely come back & hopefully have a guide again in the future! 8 hours was not enough to learn all about Rome, but we got a great glimpse into the history! Loved the front of the line tickets! Thank you for providing a great service that is a reasonable cost. The cruise ship's tours are outrageously expensive and a huge bus of people that take forever.

Livorno/Florence tour - We enjoyed this tour as well! The driver was very knowledgeable as well and a great guide. There was so much to see & we got to see the highlights of Florence. Pisa was great, we were there first thing in the morning before the crowds. Also very nice to have a small group & get through the sites faster. Had a few hours to shop in Florence which was great. Definitely recommend seeing the David - having the reservations definitely got us in faster. Thank you again for providing a great service at a low cost!

image.jpg.fbc0ee2c2357fe159aa4db4234128178.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from our cruise on the carnival Breeze here we used Share A Shore for our excursions to Rome and Pisa. I would give them 5 star for their service and drivers. Absolutely fantastic all the way around. Vehicles were clean and drivers and guides wonderful. Do not hesitate to use them. Small groups versus large ship excursions...there is no comparisons.

My wife and I took this share a shore excursion with six other passengers from the Carnival Breeze. We were met promptly at the port by our driver and guide, Fulvio. He is a very nice gentleman who is very knowledgable of the area and gives you plenty of facts about what you are seeing. He has a good command of english so it is not difficult to understand him and he speaks loud enough so that everyone can hear. Our tour van was clean and spacious enough for the eight of us as well. Some vans have sliding back windows which make it easier for picture taking if as you are driving along.

The eight of us piled into the van and off we went! Fulvio showed us some of Naples as we started to drive out of the city and towards the Amalfi Coast. This area of Italy is incredibly beautiful once you pass through the tunnels that take you out of Naples.

Each cliffside town is as beautiful as the next. Our first stop was Sorrento. This is where Fulvio lives so he was super familiar with everything. He showed us the woodworking shop that sold inlaid furniture, the smaller shops of italian leather goods and brought us to a lemoncello store where we could sample various flavors of the italian drink. He also brought us by some historical buildings and explained their significance. He also interacted with some of the shopkeepers for us to make sure we were well taken care of.

Next stop Positano. This beach town is comprised of VERY narrow streets so parking at the near top of the hill and walking down to the beach is your best bet. It is a little hike but you can take your time and shop in all the stores that line the walkway. Once on the beach you can gaze up at the houses that line the hillside and dream of spending weeks in this location sipping your limoncello in a speedo with the locals. (well maybe not the speedo). Anyway, this place is breathtaking. We spent lunch at an unbelievable restaurant called La Tagliata. They served us a ten course sampling menu where each portion was as good or better than the one before it. They use all fresh ingredients which are grown right there and also serve you their own homemade wine and limoncello. This was the best meal of the entire cruise and not to be missed!

From the restaurant our last stop was Pompeii. This historic town was much larger than I thought it would be and you definately need a guide, which we had, to take you around. It would take days to see the whole place so you pretty much do the highlights in the two hours you are there.

As you can see, I used plenty of superlatives during this review. They were all justly placed and I strongly suggest you use this company while visiting the Amalfi Coast. You won't regret it! Say hi to Fulvio for us.

The fee is the same if you have one person or eight so you want to fill up your van with the eight people to make it cost effective. A gerat time will be had by all!

We also took Share a shore excursions for Florence / Pisa with Michael and Rome with Manny from the same company. All were very good. They all had a good command of english, were very knowledgable about the area, knew how to get around the short cuts to save time and pointed out the places to eat and shop that were better for us.

I would use this company without any doubt! You will have a great time and want to come back again and again!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a little note to give people travelling in Europe some feedback on excursions. We used both Romeinlimo and Shareashoreexcursions and they were great. If you have 4 to 6 people that you can share these excursions with makes it very affordable. For Florence-Pisa we took Romeinlimo and the driver Fabrizio not sure if that is the correct spelling but he was fabulous and our experience there with his quality in history and funny jokes make this day excursion one of the best of our trip. We used shareashoreexcursion for our travel back and forth from the ship to airport and they were great. Hope this help anyone wondering about these companies.

Ciao

We just returned from a Med cruise and I used Shareashoreexcursionitaly for two of my tours. One in florence and one in rome. They are excellent!! Reasonable price also. In Rome our guide was Manny....request him as he speaks excellent english and went way out of his way to take us everywhere and special out of the way places and information. Have fun !!!

Hi,

Everyone who booked with SAE was extremely pleased.The drivers were professional and seemed to enjoy there work. We had eight people in a group.The small size makes it nicer then the Mass mobs from the ship.They are required to have cruiser back to the ship early.The company continually checks with the drivers to make sure this is happening.The Van`s were comfortable and well maintained. I went on two different tours. I would highly recommend tours through them .Book early as there tours all fill up in some of the areas.

:)

We recently returned from a 12 Night Med Cruise with Holland America and used Shareashoreexcursionitaly for three different ports in Rome, Naples and Catania. The tours were all fabulous, particularly the Best of Rome with Skip the Line Vatican tickets (Big Luca was our guide), and the Amalfi Coast in Full (Fulvio was our guide)l. All pre-cruise contact with the company was handled efficiently and promptly via email. We built our tour on their website, posted it on cruisecritic and had others join us which allowed us to have fabulous, affordable, semi-private tours. The tours happened exactly as described on the website allowing some input from the members of our group to personalize it a bit. Prices even as individual/couple are competitive with the cruiseline and other tour operators for private tours. But if you can get others to join your group you really get a bargain. A private or semi-private tour with a maximum of 8 passengers which really beats traveling with the bus tours. I work in the cruise travel industry and would highly recommend this company to clients.