Has anyone used shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com

cprofits

The Rome Share-a-Shore tour was great and we did as much as could be expected for a day tour of Rome.

Our guide, Max, was superb, and started talking to us immediately about history of the area

as we drove from the port into Rome. He had so much information which greatly enhanced

our tour, and kept on a tight timetable so that we could see as much as possible. The guide

for the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's and the Vatican was also great ... couldn't have been better!

All in all, it was a great tour and it exceeded our expectations, plus it was much less expensive than the ship's tour!

We joined a group from our roll call who wanted to book an excursion to Mt. Etna and Taormina from Civitavecchia. Share A Shore Excursion (SASE) website showed this tour but from another port. Our group organizer contacted SASE and had no trouble setting it up. Our ship was due to leave port an hour earlier than the usual departure that SASE posted on website but assured us we would be returned to our ship on time. Our driver was very professional and helpful taking pictures of us at stops. We were very satisfied with him in every way. He gave plenty of information throughout the tour. Each time we contacted the company, we received a very prompt and courteous response fully answering our questions. I would not hesitate to book with SASE and highly recommend them. Also, there were 8 of us originally but 2 had to cancel last minute. We only had to pay the rate originally quoted.

Edited by Makeitright

Share a Shore Excursion was absolutely fantastic. Part of our party used them for a transfer from Naples to Salerno the others for an excursion to Amalfi, Positano and Pompeii. Prompt, professional, vehicles in good condition and guides friendly and informed. Would definitely use them again!

• 2 months later...

On November 4th, we received a phone call from our Share a Shore driver telling us our cruise leaving from the Rome port would not occur because the port was closed. They notified us before Celebrity. He told us he would check with Celebrity and call back. He did. A few minutes later Celebrity notified us of our transfer to Naples where the ship was waiting. Share a Shore did a great job helping us, did not charge us and will be my number 1 transport when in Rome. I have used the 3 times. They are great. Walt and Beth Angilly

• 5 months later...
which is advertised at the top of the cruise critic page periodically? I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response. Our cruise is in July and we are past final payment so I would think people would be making their arrangements. Unfortunately, our roll call is very quiet and does not have a lot of posts. I'd like to plan shore excursions for Rome and Florence and there are just the two of us so 900 euros for both is expensive.

I went to www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

We just returned home from a trip where we used S-A-S for an all day private tour of Civitavechia/Orvieto Italy. They did a fantastic job and we had an amazing experience. Highly recommend this company.

We used them too, for a shore excursion to Rome. Because we were on a back to back cruise where over 90 % of the passengers were either leaving or boarding the ship it took for ever to get others to join us as our Roll Call was of no use. However we ended up with a family of Mum and Dad and two kids from a different ship that was in port the same day. The driver coordinated the picking us up from the different ship perfectly gave us a great day in Rome. Everything went off without a hitch and we saw even more than was promised because of the drivers expertise in getting us around the Eternal City.

If you don't hear much nor can find much info, why not go with some of the others that have tons of reviews here? In the end advertiser and operators cand be dime a dozen. I ended up choosing vendors with lots of reviews even if they were 20-50 dollars more. Just wasn't worth bothering IMHO.

Good luck planning, the tours "are" the most important decision IMHO, right up with the port lineup.

Hi, we just finished a wonderful Med cruise and used Share A Shore Excursions in Rome. It was called Fun Times Rome and it was the best experience. They were incredibly organised and this particular tour was brilliant. It had Skip the Line Tickets which enabled us to walk straight through every important site, including a two hour Vatican tour, and not waste time standing in lines. Our tour guide, Marco, was delightful and knowledgeable. We were back to the ship two hours before departure so no worries about that. If we can join one of their tours in the future when we are next in Europe, we will definitely do so. I can highly recommend them.

regards

Michelle

I may be chiming in a bit late... But yes I use italytoursharing.com everytime I've been to europe. I am using them again in July and next June... I love going to italy! It is my passion!! When I find something I love, I like to let other people know!!

Join roll calls and share tours!!

We have also used this company, they are very good. We posted on our roll call, and ended up filling 3 mini vans on our trips to Florence and Rome.

You will have a good time using Share a shore excursions in Italy.

John

which is advertised at the top of the cruise critic page periodically? I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response. Our cruise is in July and we are past final payment so I would think people would be making their arrangements. Unfortunately, our roll call is very quiet and does not have a lot of posts. I'd like to plan shore excursions for Rome and Florence and there are just the two of us so 900 euros for both is expensive.

I went to http://www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

I just signed up for 2 excursions to share but our sail date is 6/19/2015. I've heard great things about this site. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I used this company last year for 3 tours: Rome, Florence, and Amalfi Coast.

It was the highlight of my cruise from start to finish.

Communication was excellent, the vans were spotless, the guides excellent.

I loved it all and I am sure to do that again if I am in the area.

Don't miss the best meal in your life on their tour to Amalfi.

The excursion provided by Share a Shore Excursion in May 2015 was by far one of the highlights of our Mediterranean cruise. To begin with, our driver provided us with information, while traveling to Pisa, of the general area and countryside. When arriving early in the day, we were able to enjoy, take pictures and just take in the atmosphere of this historic place. Then off to Florence and meeting our personal guide, Monica, we enjoyed the sights and artifacts of the great artists including the statue of David, which seeing face to face is compelling. The attention this company extends to it’s customers is excellent and should not be missed by any visitors coming to Italy.

I recently joined two Share a Shore Excursion groups, in Florence and in Rome. The signup was easy and the drivers very professional and personable. While these were transfer only excursions, I am sure that a full excursion with guide would be equally successful. I would recommend Share a Shore Excursion to others, and use their services in the future if I should be fortunate enough to visit Europe again.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, we just finished a wonderful Med cruise and used Share A Shore Excursions in Rome. It was called Fun Times Rome and it was the best experience. They were incredibly organised and this particular tour was brilliant. It had Skip the Line Tickets which enabled us to walk straight through every important site, including a two hour Vatican tour, and not waste time standing in lines. Our tour guide, Marco, was delightful and knowledgeable. We were back to the ship two hours before departure so no worries about that. If we can join one of their tours in the future when we are next in Europe, we will definitely do so. I can highly recommend them.

regards

Michelle

Just did a cruise in June, used Share a Shore Excursion organised via Roll Call in Livorno (went to Pisa and Florence). Driver Gianmaria was able to park right alongside the tourist sites, spoke English well, very informative and was very helpful and friendly. Definitely recommended. With 8 people it only cost about $85 euro each, well worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

We also had Gianmaria as our driver and he was amazing!! He went out of his way show us a good time. The highlight of the day was the winery he took us to for lunch. Fantastic food and great wines with a service second to none. Next year we'll come back with our friends!

• 2 weeks later...

We did a tour from the port of Messina of Castelmola and Taormina. It was a very nice day. Our driver was quite knowledgeable and planned the time well. He even managed a few extra stops. I would definitely recommend this company. We have used them in the past as well and have been satisfied with their service.

Terri

• 2 weeks later...

I have booked a shore excursion to Florence and Pisa for September and my group is debating whether to hire a private guide in the Florence or not. Based on your experience is it worth the extra cost? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

Seafarer98

Booking a private tour is not more expensive if you fill the van.

It was the best decision I made Share A Shore Excursion were above and beyond my expectation. I took the Amalfi Coast tour and Florence with a guide in the city. It was just amazing, do it you will not regret it!

Start a group if no one started yet and it will fill eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

I was extremely pleased with our transfer from Livorno to Firenze. The driver was precisely on time, and the van was very, very spacious and comfortable for 8 people. Well done! I would certainly consider this company in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up getting a guide in Florence and could not have asked for a better tour. Stefania was absolutely wonderful, so passionate and knowledgeable, the best we've had so far in this trip. We have some more tours booked with share a shore and are looking forward to all.