Serenade Aft Cabin 1600

We have this cabin booked for next December. From what I have heard this balcony is smaller than the other aft balcony and that it is not really a wrap around balcony. We origanally had 1602 booked (jr. suite) but we have friends who wanted a jr. aft so we decided to upgrade to the Grand Suite and let them have 1602. Mistake I have been told but we will have conceirage (sp) service which we have always enjoyed.

Just back from the Adventure of the Seas, wonderful trip. We had a grand suite and is why we booked another grand suite next year. The onboard consultant said we had to book the aft grand suite if available and it was. We cruise next January on the Serenade.

I don't know why the AOS gets so many complaints on these boards. The ship is in pristine condition, food was good, service was outstanding, ice show was unbelievable, fellow passengers were fun with no out of control behavior by anyone. Although I still do not understand why people take their kids out of school for a vacation. This just sends the wrong message to kids that vacations are more important than school.

I have no complaints about this trip. Although Portofino was a little over-rated as far as food quality was concerned, service was outstanding.

The ship was missing about 1000 passengers at sail time due to bad weather in the northeast. The captain delayed departure until 2:00 AM. About 600 passengers checked in between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM. Another 300 passengers checked in two days later in Aruba. Thanks to the late departure our luggage which did not make it to San Juan with us was delivered to our stateroom at midnight.

I do have to say the excursion to St. Barth's was fabulous. It was transportation only to and from St. Barth's and was an adventure for us. We liked shopping and lunching in this uncrowded and very high-end French island.

We stayed in 1602(twice :D ) on Serenade and have visited 1600. The balcony is kind of a pentagon-shaped corner (not the best description) so you can look down the starboard side as well as aft, but the starboard part only goes a few feet down, not wrapped all the way along the cabin. While this balcony is not as big as 1602, it is still huge compared to all the others and the cabin is really big and very nice-love the woodwork in these cabins. The Serenade is awesome and I am sure you will love it!

-Laurie

judy&steve: If you are looking for extensive photos of this cabin, go to web shots and do a search. You will find views of everything in this cabin.

We have stayed in 1600 on the Serenade and have it booked again! :cool: We love this cabin! It is very quiet, large and basically set up as small appartment. The ship as well as the crew are fabulous.

Bruce

Thanks for sharing your photos. Judy is a little concerned about the closet space in the suite. On the AOS, there were actually three closets -- one double and then another single. The photos just show the one double closet. Not even enough space for Judy's shoes;) Seriously, though... it also looks like the tv cannot be seen from the bed... Is that the case as well?

Thanks --

Steve

Steve: It is true that there is only 1 closet. :confused: It is larger than the closets in the cabins we had on previous cruises, but it is much smaller than the walkin closets in other JS and GS cabins on this ship. We had this suite on a Hawaii cruise (11 day cruise) and did not have any space problems, mearly used all storage areas available in this cabin.

As for the TV, it is visable from the bed if the curtain is not pulled closed. The TV is on a swivel and can be seen from various areas of the room. Also, there is a great sound system that is in this room! :D We used it extensively!!

Bruce

We stayed in Serenade 1600 to Alaska last September and have booked it for this October through the Panama Canal. We LOVED it. Yes, the balcony and closets may be a tad bit smaller than the other GS, but the privacy and the views are wonderful!! Maritza, the concierge, is wonderful as well...I can't imagine liking another suite as much as this one. We will be C&A Diamond after next cruise and wouldn't consider booking other than a cabin on the fantail!!

Have a terrific trip!!!!!

:) We stayed in 1600 on Serenade in October from Hawaii. It doesn't have nearly as much storage space as the other grand suites we've stayed in, and the balcony is not as big as 1602, which is huge. It was a nice cabin though - although the bed was extremely uncomfortable!!!! We wouldn't book it again - we prefer the large balcony next door, even if the cabin itself is a little smaller - it's certainly big enough for my husband and myself!!

We did all of our sunbathing on our balcony coming back from Hawaii - it was great!! Really looking forward to our next cruise - 14 night Panama Canal on Radiance in 1602!!!

:)

Archived