What to do in Grand Cayman?

We did the Stingrays, Snorkel, and Rum Point Tour with Nativeway and LOVED IT!!! The crew was awesome, the stingrays were so much fun, snorkeling was nice, and Rum Point beach was fantastic! The lunch that was included was restaurant quality and so yummy. I definitely recommend the tour.

Shopping has no "deals" in GC....we took the bus to the beach...lovely, and all of the public beaches have restrooms, chair and watersport rentals, food/drink nearby...very nice. I think the bus was under $4 pp...maybe less!

GC may be my favorite place to vacation, after a port stop a couple of years ago followed by a week's stay there last year. Rum Point is my favorite spot on GC. I've even applied for a job on GC. :D For cruising, I wish Rum Point was a bit closer - we had very little time there once we got off the tender, rented a cab, and drove there.

We loved the Nativeway Rays, reef and rum point tour so much we did it twice!!! It wasn't expensive, it was an amazing experience swimming with the stingrays, they are so gentle and awesome, and the snorkling is just beautiful there, the best!! The mahi sandwich was the most awesome. I just can't rave enough about this tour!!

Whatever you do enjoy the experience, GC rocks!!

Cheers, Carole

On our recent cruise to Grand Cayman, all of the excursions that had to do with the Sting Rays were cancelled due to inclement weather conditions (high winds). I believe it had something to due with the coral reefs and high winds.

I am only putting this out there since most people were quite upset that their excursions were cancelled. They had no idea that Carnival can cancel at the last minute, an annoucement was made the morning of. All were given their money back, so I am not sure what the big beef was:confused:

I would rather be safe than sorry:D

We did the jet ski's out to Sting Ray City. It was one of the best excursions we went on. There was six in our party so we got 3 jet ski's and the guide. He took us out to the stingrays and we had a much more personal experience than all those in the boats. Only six of us to the guide and then we went to a small lagoon that had a bar and grill that we road up to the shore on the jet ski's and walked right up had burgers and a drink. Got to play around on the jet ski's then went back. So not only were the sting ray's fun but the trip out to them and the trip back with a special stop. We didn't book it through Carnival went online and set it up.

We just got off the Legend on Sunday and Grand Cayman was our most favorite island of all. We did not want to do an excursion this time. After we tendered we hired a taxi to take us to the "Seven Mile Beach" OMG!!! it was the most prettiest beaches I have ever seen in my entire life!!! Taxi service was $5 per person. The Taxi service will ask you what part of the seven mile beach you want to go to and we just went to the public beach area. The water was crystal clear and as so aqua blue totally amazing!!! I found 17 coins in the water and several pieces of coral. We stayed there several hours and then headed back to Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville. I do NOT recommend going there it was a total rip off. We had 2 normal size margarita's and shared the volcano nachos (no meat in the nacho's) and our bill was $68.25. NOTE: for every cayman dollar equals $1.25 in US money. The drinks and food was ok but not worth $68.25.

Beware the sea turtle farm if you are an animal/turtle lover. This "farm" has hundreds of turtles cramped into pools. And yes, they are being bred for food, not to restock the environment

Ugh I couldn't stomach that!!! I still have guilt feelings for swimming with the dolphins because they are held captive, it was not near as fun as I thought it would be because they are not free.

We don't do seaworld either.

The stingrays on the other hand come of their own free will, it's a beautiful communion of animal and humans, I hope no one ever messes it up by being horrible to them.

We did the jet ski's out to Sting Ray City. It was one of the best excursions we went on. There was six in our party so we got 3 jet ski's and the guide. He took us out to the stingrays and we had a much more personal experience than all those in the boats. Only six of us to the guide and then we went to a small lagoon that had a bar and grill that we road up to the shore on the jet ski's and walked right up had burgers and a drink. Got to play around on the jet ski's then went back. So not only were the sting ray's fun but the trip out to them and the trip back with a special stop. We didn't book it through Carnival went online and set it up.

Wow, I have to remember this for the next time we go to GC. We did a tour with Nativeway to Sting Ray City and that was great but I think I'd like the jet ski's for something different.

How long did it take you to get to the spot and can you post a link to who you used.

Thanks

There seems to be so many great things to do in Grand Cayman we are having trouble making up our minds. We are even kicking around just laying out on a beach all day and maybe shopping :D. Any suggestions?

Go to Margaritaville, get a Margarita and set on on one of the little balconies. Enjoy a fine Cuban Cigar. Life is Good

Archived