5/22/10 Jewel

winy

Leaving Sat on Jewel and need a few comments. Are pool towels available at pools or are they set aside in room for each person? Can excursions be booked last minute on ship day of or do they have to be booked in advance? All comments will be appreciated. Thanks

You can get pool towels at the pool. Excursions are usually available. Service in the Blue Lagoon and main dinning room can be fair to poor. When you get aboard introduce yourself to Mr. P the matr- d. He will do his best to make sure you get good service. I did not meet him until our cruise was almost over. He did make a big differance after that.

towels have to be signed for...pool side so make sure to RETURN or you will be charged...

some EXCURSIONs can already be sold-out before so if there is one you really WANT to do book you can always cancel 48 hrs up to the time you arrive in port (excursion)

go to your MEET & GREET on the JEWEL ...they do it the BEST they CARE about the CCers!! meet the HD JOHN he is WONDERFUL and really CAREs about whether you are having a GOOD TIME....they WANT to know about any problems while you are still on the ship and not come home and post them on CC!!

enjoy your CRUISE...i LOVE the JEWELs colors in the ATRIUM!!!

be sure to go see the CIRQ show and get there EARLY sit about a dozen rows back from the stage!!

Some of the suites have the pool towels in the room but they are always available at the window near the pool. You sign them out and return them. Make sure the attendant knows that you are returning them or you could be charged $25 per towel.

It is one of the greatest ship and crew so enjoy your cruise and write a review for us.

I too am on this sailing make sure you post in the roll call section of the forums. it is where you can sign up for the meet and greet. I read that there are plenty of towles to use in the rooms. I am sad to hear Blue Lagoon has bad service considering everyone raves about the wings and fish and chips. 1 more day I cant wait.

Jewel Roll Call May 22nd

I think I remember from our last cruise that we were able to get pool towels in our room as well as at the signout booth at the pool. But yes you need to make sure you get them back to whichever location you got them from.

Excursions can be booked in advance or on the ship. Sometimes, there are new ones offered onboard that weren't on the website, especially if there is any change in itinerary.

Come join us on the roll call board! Our meet and greet will be at 11am on Sunday at Le Bistro.

Archived