Call us for price and availability?

Hey Guys,

So I did a forum search and all - but did not see this. So, of course I am already booked, but I notice our cruise has several categories that say "Call Us for Price and Availability" then when I sign in they say Closed under the category and that no rooms are available at this time. We are about 3-4 weeks away from the cruise.

Does this mean sold out? Or is there a chance that there are some of these rooms that are being held back by HAL (doesnt make sense) or another travel company that has a block of rooms.

Just curious...

It usually means that while they have sold all the cabins in that category, it may still be possible to get something as the people who booked guarantees may not yet have been assigned cabins and the ship still has some cabins so there is still some flexibility.

It could be that even though it's sold out, it's a good chance for the HAL reps to get you on the phone in hopes of selling you on another cruise.

Smart sales department!

Hello Folks !

I've book a MM Garanted cabin on the cruise Med Empires (24 sept) aboard Niew Amsterdam. When I look to the internet site about reservations it also said «contact for availybiliy». I understand it's near sold out situation. My question : do I have better chance for an upgrade to a outside for exemple..????

Have a nice day.

Here in Quebec city it's sunny and warm for the week to come ! Yahoo !

Holacanada boarding NA in 124 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes and 23 seconds

It could be that even though it's sold out, it's a good chance for the HAL reps to get you on the phone in hopes of selling you on another cruise.

Smart sales department![/quote

first I will say this is the first time I have looked at HAL and I have not been very impressed when I have called their reps. Every question I have asked I have had to wait for them to ask a supervisor and they have not been hard questions. ie do they offer a vetrans discount. That one took about 5 min to get the answer to. I will still continue looking at the the cruise as they are the only ones that offerr the excursion I am looking for(maybe) again they do not know if they are going to offer that excursion and the cruise is in Jan.

So a friend of mine who was thinking about taking this trip with us if it still worked out (they can not get vacation approved until 30 days prior) called and they said there was some categories available and gave them a couple of choices - but they also said that HAL had to put them on hold and call them back a few times - so I assume they really were trying to work stuff around.

If it says call vs. sold out, HAL has some inventory available that they will quote you retail on.

Not necessarily.

The "Call Us" is primarily because there is always a chance that you would be cleared if on a waitlist. If someone is willing to waitlist and cross their fingers, there's no benefit to saying "Sold Out" which would basically translate to "leave us alone about this one"

I have been watching cruise prices on a travel site I can't mention - the cruise I booked suddenly was not on their listing. Same thing on HAL site - every category notated with "call to check on availability." The rep told me that the cruise was indeed completely sold out - this was last week for a cruise that sails in September!

I have been watching cruise prices on a travel site I can't mention - the cruise I booked suddenly was not on their listing. Same thing on HAL site - every category notated with "call to check on availability." The rep told me that the cruise was indeed completely sold out - this was last week for a cruise that sails in September!

Would this be the Nieuw Amsterdam on 9/24? It has been strangely "full" for months now. When we booked in Dec there were no Outsides available above G, and no VH/VF/VE. Also most Suites were gone. By a couple of weeks ago, everything was gone except the 4 lowest-levels of Insides, and now everything is "call to check", which probably means waitlistings only. Very strange for a cruise that is 17.5 weeks away, especially considering that the Aug cruise of the same ship and itinerary has lots of openings, with cabins going for $1000 pp less than we paid. I've been trying to find out if there's some large group on board, but so far nada info. Anybody got any ideas?

Would this be the Nieuw Amsterdam on 9/24? It has been strangely "full" for months now. When we booked in Dec there were no Outsides available above G, and no VH/VF/VE. Also most Suites were gone. By a couple of weeks ago, everything was gone except the 4 lowest-levels of Insides, and now everything is "call to check", which probably means waitlistings only. Very strange for a cruise that is 17.5 weeks away, especially considering that the Aug cruise of the same ship and itinerary has lots of openings, with cabins going for $1000 pp less than we paid. I've been trying to find out if there's some large group on board, but so far nada info. Anybody got any ideas?

Same thing happened on our September Alaska cruise. One day there were lots of rooms available, then the next day, everything was closed except the Penthouse Suite. Not only was our cruise full, but the northbound cruise one week earlier was also sold out suddenly. As in your case, the August cruises have available cabins at good prices. I've been wondering what's going on, too.

It's going to be interesting in a couple of weeks when we get to final payment to see whether anything opens up on the ship.

Same thing happened on our September Alaska cruise. One day there were lots of rooms available, then the next day, everything was closed except the Penthouse Suite. Not only was our cruise full, but the northbound cruise one week earlier was also sold out suddenly. As in your case, the August cruises have available cabins at good prices. I've been wondering what's going on, too.

It's going to be interesting in a couple of weeks when we get to final payment to see whether anything opens up on the ship.

I've addressed this before on many past posts in the HAL boards.

Archived