New Poll: Who else IS sick of the smugglers....

saturnsc

Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?

• Yes! it's the reason cruise & drink prices have gone up so much
    • No! as I pack another rum runner thank you very much.
    • Indifferent eh, I'm sure there's things that I do that they don't like too
    • I'm not sure why I clicked on this thread...

Main Entry: in·teg·ri·ty

Pronunciation: \in-ˈte-grə-tē\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire

Date: 14th century

1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility

2 : an unimpaired condition : soundness

3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness synonyms see honesty

Firm Adherence is not part-time. Integrity is not a part-time value.

I still say it is.

I disagree. Just because you don't agree with my stance on smuggling and what ever else, doesn't mean it's wrong. It's my opinion and you don't have to agree anymore that I have to agree with your opinion.

The smuggling issue is nothing. You can pickle your liver with smuggled booze while I pickle mine by using my S&S card at the bars.

The lack of integrity is a major problem for this nation and the world. And whether is something you have or you lack is FACT, not opinion. Deciding that one will be honest in one situation and not honest in another is not part-time integrity, it is amorality. Meaning NO values but your own. Society cannot long exist in that scenario.

The smuggling issue is nothing. You can pickle your liver with smuggled booze while I pickle mine by using my S&S card at the bars.

The lack of integrity is a major problem for this nation and the world. And whether is something you have or you lack is FACT, not opinion. Deciding that one will be honest in one situation and not honest in another is not part-time integrity, it is amorality. Meaning NO values but your own. Society cannot long exist in that scenario.

I'll be using my S&S at the bars as well. I love all of the accusations and I haven't even smuggled, yet. LOL!

Main Entry: in·teg·ri·ty

Pronunciation: \in-ˈte-grə-tē\

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English integrite, from Middle French & Latin; Middle French integrité, from Latin integritat-, integritas, from integr-, integer entire

Date: 14th century

1 : firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility

2 : an unimpaired condition : soundness

3 : the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness synonyms see honesty

Firm Adherence is not part-time. Integrity is not a part-time value.

I don't smuggle (don't see the point) but I am sure I am corrupt on occasion and have had a moral issue at one time another in my well-over 40 years.

I think the constant pointing out of integrity is insane.

NOBODY is perfect and squeaky clean ALL the time.

of course we all (hopefully) strive to be honest, but I am sure, we all have our moments.

Is this smuggling REALLY that big a deal??

Let it go already..... :rolleyes:

I don't smuggle (don't see the point) but I am sure I am corrupt on occasion and have had a moral issue at one time another in my well-over 40 years.

of course we all (hopefully) strive to be honest, but I am sure, we all have our moments.

No one is perfect...that is being human. But if you have integrity you can admit when you do something wrong (you may have done something you knew was wrong - but you still firmly adhere to the moral code that it is wrong), you feel guilt when you've done wrong, you try to make amends to those you have wronged, and you strive not to do wrong again. The problem with smugglers are that they won't admit that what they are doing is wrong, they don't feel guilt over doing it, they brag about what they got away with, and they strive to purposely do it again.

Is it really that big of a deal?....Apparently to Carnival it is or they wouldn't have started to enforce their rules on it more....

No one is perfect...that is being human. But if you have integrity you can admit when you do something wrong (you may have done something you knew was wrong - but you still firmly adhere to the moral code that it is wrong), you feel guilt when you've done wrong, you try to make amends to those you have wronged, and you strive not to do wrong again. The problem with smugglers are that they won't admit that what they are doing is wrong, they don't feel guilt over doing it, they brag about what they got away with, and they strive to purposely do it again.

Is it really that big of a deal?....Apparently to Carnival it is or they wouldn't have started to enforce their rules on it more....

If I choose to smuggle, I'll let you know. I already know it's wrong. I may not feel THAT guilty because I will bring booze purchased from Carnival. If I don't get caught, I might do it again.

If you have a problem with that, there isn't much I can do about it.

It should be a HUGE deal for Carnival.

So...let them worry about it. ;)

It should be a HUGE deal for Carnival.

So...let them worry about it. ;)

Oh I am...I'm not worrying about what anyone else on these boards are doing. I may debate with them if I disagree with what they are doing, but I'm definately not going to be worrying about them. I have my own family to take care of...it's them I worry about...But that doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my opinion when I disagree with someone else. That's what discussion boards are for.:D

If I choose to smuggle, I'll let you know. I already know it's wrong. I may not feel THAT guilty because I will bring booze purchased from Carnival. If I don't get caught, I might do it again.

If you have a problem with that, there isn't much I can do about it.

Lawskool wants to be a lawyer when he grows up, so it's not surprising that he has difficulty with words like "integrity" and "convenience".:D

And before any real lawyers get fired up, my oldest son and his wife are both attorneys and they are extremely honest and possessed with an abundance of integrity. :)

And before any real lawyers get fired up' date=' my oldest son and his wife are both attorneys and they are extremely honest and possessed with an abundance of integrity. :)[/quote']

And your point is???:confused:

And before any real lawyers get fired up' date=' my oldest son and his wife are both attorneys and they are extremely honest and possessed with an abundance of integrity. :)[/quote']

Well that is what they tell you.....

(kidding)

Lawskool wants to be a lawyer when he grows up' date=' so it's not surprising that he has difficulty with words like "integrity" and "convenience".:D

And before any real lawyers get fired up, my oldest son and his wife are both attorneys and they are extremely honest and possessed with an abundance of integrity. :)[/quote']

I'm a she, thanks.

I have no difficulty with those words.

I have yet to meet anyone (this board included) that has this full-time, all the time integrity.

Great post. Why are people so passionate about this? It's mind-boggling.

I'm a she, thanks.

I have no difficulty with those words.

I have yet to meet anyone (this board included) that has this full-time, all the time integrity.

You have NO way to know IF you have or you have not!

She thinks that integrity is a part-time value. So yes, from an anonymous internet message board I can safely assume that she does not know what integrity means.

I can safely assume you don't either. It's cool how that works.

Archived