New Poll: Who else IS sick of the smugglers....

saturnsc

Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?  

705 members have voted

1. 1. Are you as sick of the smugglers as I am?

• Yes! it's the reason cruise & drink prices have gone up so much
    • No! as I pack another rum runner thank you very much.
    • Indifferent eh, I'm sure there's things that I do that they don't like too
    • I'm not sure why I clicked on this thread...

She thinks that integrity is a part-time value. So yes, from an anonymous internet message board I can safely assume that she does not know what integrity means.

WTH cares......This is a smuggling thread. Lets get back to smuggling.

The lack of integrity is a major problem for this nation and the world. And whether is something you have or you lack is FACT, not opinion. Deciding that one will be honest in one situation and not honest in another is not part-time integrity, it is amorality. Meaning NO values but your own. Society cannot long exist in that scenario.

Au contraire...so say the reletivistas, the reductionists, the "BRIGHTS", the humanists, the multi-culturalists, and Bill Maher:D. No values but your own are the key to a happy happy world, as long as you respect my right to believe how I want to believe and you beleive like I do, so they say.

NOT A THEY...

Au contraire...so say the reletivistas, the reductionists, the "BRIGHTS", the humanists, the multi-culturalists, and Bill Maher:D. No values but your own are the key to a happy happy world, as long as you respect my right to believe how I want to believe and you beleive like I do, so they say.

NOT A THEY...

:D:DNo contradiction in that ideology. Or logic. :rolleyes::rolleyes::D

But you have to admit' date=' sweetie, that sometimes it's fun to tweak them and listen to them sputter. :D[/quote']

You're so bad Allen.:D

But you do make me laugh. And of all the times I've been in trouble in Cyberworld I'd say 98% of the time it was probably YOUR FAULT!:D:D:D

Your playing with words. This is the contract I agreed to:

(f) Except as noted below, Guests are prohibited from bringing alcohol on Carnival’s vessels for on board consumption. However, at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne per person on board only in their carry on luggage. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room, or a $14 corkage fee per bottle if consumed in the steakhouse. All alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne and excessive non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel’s gift shops or at a port of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival’s vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest’s charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

The contract specifically states bringing alcohol on board is prohibited. That is what I agreed to. The penalty Carnival can enforce for not following this contract rule is confiscation. Just as the penalty for speeding is a ticket and breaking curfew is being grounded. There are rules and there are penalties for breaking those rules. Just because you are ok with paying the penalty doesn't mean breaking the rule ok to do. You are still not honoring your contract. At least your not in my opinion.

You are the one playing with words.

It does not state bringing alchohol on board is prohibited???:confused:

It states for onboard consumption is prohibited.:p:D

I was never going to drink it.;)

All kidding aside, I know what you are saying, but that is open for interpretation. CCL clearly states what time to arrive but many do not wait until 1pm,many get a phone call telling them to go later but they don't,many bungy open a balcony door.Many do not adhere to smoking on a certian side of the ship,many people switch up their rooms with the kids when booking to get by the age 25 thing,many do not sit in a lounge waiting for their number to be called to get off.Many do not keep halls,elevators,and stairwells clear when trying to self disembark,many do not supervise their under age 21 children per the policy you stated above,ect,ect.

It all comes down to what you choose to follow.Do you think that parents supercise their 20 year old children at all times? Lets be real,it does not happen so that takes out most people here on this BB who have sailed with teens. If you want to talk definitions,look up the definition of supervise and see.

Steve

You are the one playing with words.

It does not state bringing alchohol on board is prohibited???:confused:

It states for onboard consumption is prohibited.:p:D

Sorry you missed my post Steve. However since im home from work and in a good mood I will copy and paste it for you:

Alcoholic beverages are prohibited except as provided for in clause 8(f). All Guests agree Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to search Guest’s baggage and/or personal effects for any of the prohibited items, at any location, to ensure compliance with these restrictions. Any Guest who refuses any such search or screening, or any Guest traveling with such items, may be denied boarding or disembarked and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued. The Guest will be solely responsible for any and all damage and/or loss caused by his violation of this policy.

So the contract states they can and will boot you off the ship "anywhere". Is it worth that risk?

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...d=CC_Footer_84

Article 4 Section f

Sorry you missed my post Steve. However since im home from work and in a good mood I will copy and paste it for you:

Alcoholic beverages are prohibited except as provided for in clause 8(f). All Guests agree Carnival has, at all times with or without notice, the right to search Guest’s baggage and/or personal effects for any of the prohibited items, at any location, to ensure compliance with these restrictions. Any Guest who refuses any such search or screening, or any Guest traveling with such items, may be denied boarding or disembarked and no refund of the cruise fare will be issued. The Guest will be solely responsible for any and all damage and/or loss caused by his violation of this policy.

So the contract states they can and will boot you off the ship "anywhere". Is it worth that risk?

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Static_T...d=CC_Footer_84

Article 4 Section f

Yes it is and I am not worried at all.It is all a scare tactic and until they actually do it I don't believe it.

The legalities involved are to much over an alleged smuggled bottle of booze that was put there by a CCL employee or the porter who did not get a tip because of a sign posted about not tipping the porters.The cabin steward put it there,ect,ect

To determine which guest is also a problem.

I am surprised we don't have any lawyers pointing the problems theat CLL would have trying to enforce it,never mind the bad publicity of it all.After all I learned how to do it on CC.:eek:

They should deny all future group cruises from this site because it is a wealth of knowledge.I even learned how to be a chair hog here as well.;)

Take a group of 30 people traveling as a gift from Grandpa. He gets booted and has the tips removed from 29 guests.:eek:

Steve

Ok guys so have we settled this one yet? Let me see if I understand this one.

Smugglers-lack of integrity, cheap, dishonest, don't care about others, want to be lawyers etc.etc.etc.

Non Smugglers-self rightous, stick their noses in others buisness, feel morally superior , have lawyers for relatives etc. etc. etc.

Ok I think I'm caught up if I missed anything let me know. Ok you guys can continue now.

Oh one other thing LemurCat calls people "toolboxes" if they iritate her. Love that toolbox thing. Also Steveaaaa lost a shirt....excuse me CC lost the shirt.

Proceed.

Smugglers-lack of integrity, cheap, dishonest, don't care about others, want to be lawyers etc.etc.etc.

Non Smugglers-self rightous, stick their noses in others buisness, feel morally superior , have lawyers for relatives etc. etc. etc.

Ok I think I'm caught up if I missed anything let me know. Ok you guys can continue now.

Oh one other thing LemurCat calls people "toolboxes" if they iritate her. Love that toolbox thing. Also Steveaaaa lost a shirt....excuse me CC lost the shirt.

Proceed.

That was too funny!

Proceed.

You need to change that category. There are a lot of non-smugglers who are not self-righteous and morally superior, who are basically live and let live types who don't spend an inordinate amount of time judging and criticizing others for their perceived wrongs.

Call them the "anti-smugglers" I guess.

Yes it is and I am not worried at all.

that wasnt my point Steve. My point was:

"It does not state bringing alchohol on board is prohibited???"

And yes it does even though you knew it did you said it didnt??

The issue with enforcing it is.... YOU agreed to it. It would be hard to "fight". Especially if they dropped you off at a foriegn port.. :D No I dont think it would EVER happen.

However to not allow you on board at initital embark.... they are fairly well covered there. Especially if you knowingly attempt to "hide" it and or smuggle it on.

That means YOU knew it was not allowed and decided to do it anyway. Yes I would love to see a lawyer try that.

Webe can you have your son look at that? :D

You need to change that category. There are a lot of non-smugglers who are not self-righteous and morally superior, who are basically live and let live types who don't spend an inordinate amount of time judging and criticizing others for their perceived wrongs.

Call them the "anti-smugglers" I guess.

Just trying to be witty by using the verbage of each side. Used the words of the smugglers to describe non and non words to describe smugglers. This thread is like watching a train wreck in slow motion. You wonder if it will ever crash but you just can't stop watching.

that wasnt my point Steve. My point was:

"It does not state bringing alchohol on board is prohibited???"

And yes it does even though you knew it did you said it didnt??

The issue with enforcing it is.... YOU agreed to it. It would be hard to "fight". Especially if they dropped you off at a foriegn port.. :D No I dont think it would EVER happen.

However to not allow you on board at initital embark.... they are fairly well covered there. Especially if you knowingly attempt to "hide" it and or smuggle it on.

That means YOU knew it was not allowed and decided to do it anyway. Yes I would love to see a lawyer try that.

Webe can you have your son look at that? :D

Like steve said, it says it's prohibited for onboard consumption. ;)

You could always argue that it was rolled in clothes to keep it from breaking or you used rum runners to avoid the glass bottles.

Archived