Baltimore Parking

Sunniedays

Drive in a day early and stay at the Sleep Inn at the airport. Room is $110 per night, tax including, along with shuttle to and from port, with up to 14 days free parking. That's so much better than the $15 per day parking fee at the port.

Room is $110 per night, tax including, along ith shuttle to and from port, with up to 14 days free parking. That's so much better than the $15 per day parking fee at the port.

It's a difference of $10 for 8 days and your vehicle is right there when you get off the ship. Hop in it and you're on your way home. ;)

It's a difference of $10 for 8 days and your vehicle is right there when you get off the ship. Hop in it and you're on your way home. ;)

We have given this a lot of thought and to me I would much rather pay $15/day and get off ship and leave and not have to wait for shuttle to go back to hotel.

We have given this a lot of thought and to me I would much rather pay $15/day and get off ship and leave and not have to wait for shuttle to go back to hotel.

Exactly. I prefer to keep things as simple as possible. Parking prices are relative. DH and I recently paid $35/day to valet park our car at a hotel in DC and I won't even being to mention Manhattan. ;)

Also, the OP has stated that no hotel room is necessary, since they'll be driving to Baltimore the day of the cruise. Therefore, hotel rates w/free parking is moot. ;)

Assuming the hotel option is chosen, which is the best bet_ Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn or Holiday Inn Express?

Thanks, Robert

Robert, you may want to do a search here for Baltimore hotels. Many posters have stayed in the 3 above, I believe.

Also, the best for what? Price, accoutrements, shuttle, ambience, etc.? ;)

If you go to www.stay123.com the SleepInn is only $88 with free shuttle to the port and free parking up to 14 days.

I reserved with stay123 for Sleep Inn and got this after a few days. (no mention of this when I was booking)

Your reservation is confirmed and guaranteed for late arrival. An advance deposit of $22.00 has been charged to your credit card to secure your room and the remaining balance of $78.00 (taxes included) must be paid to the hotel at check-in.

They also charge $10 for cancellation. I failed to notice this. But the $22 is not mentioned in the orginal booking.

I have since cancelled this reservation. I won't deal with them again.

Marilyn

Archived