Grand Cayman Snorkeling

We are sailing the Freedom in June to Grand Cayman. We have decided to spend our day on Seven Mile Beach and would really love to spend some time snorkeling. Does anyone know if there are any beach front vendors offering snorkeling there? If not are there any snorkeling vendors close to the boat that dont require a round trip on a boat or catamaran?

If you get off the tender and walk five minutes to the right you will get to Eden Rock and you can snorkle right there for free. There is no beach, you just climb down a ladder and poof!! Right there at the base of the ladder are fish and corals galore!! You can rent gear there (we have our own) or rent a locker for $5. We had GREAT snorkeling and were so impressed with the ease....get off tender...walk right to water....no boat, no other people...

If you get off the tender and walk five minutes to the right you will get to Eden Rock and you can snorkle right there for free. There is no beach, you just climb down a ladder and poof!! Right there at the base of the ladder are fish and corals galore!! You can rent gear there (we have our own) or rent a locker for $5. We had GREAT snorkeling and were so impressed with the ease....get off tender...walk right to water....no boat, no other people...

Great suggestion! If we cant get one on Seven Mile than that will be at the top of our list.

You don't need a "vendor" to snorkel in Grand Cayman. Just take a right when you get off the tender and walk down the street along the beach less than 1/4 mile to Eden Rock dive shop. There is a nice reef there, stairs into the water, and a fresh water shower when you get out. Free. The dive shop will rent you the equipment reasonable if you do not have it .

7 mile beach is a very nice sandy beach, but I don't think there is much to see snorkeling there.

By the way, someone will probably move this thread to the Grand Cayman port of call topic.

You don't need a "vendor" to snorkel in Grand Cayman. Just take a right when you get off the tender and walk down the street along the beach less than 1/4 mile to Eden Rock dive shop. There is a nice reef there, stairs into the water, and a fresh water shower when you get out. Free. The dive shop will rent you the equipment reasonable if you do not have it .

7 mile beach is a very nice sandy beach, but I don't think there is much to see snorkeling there.

By the way, someone will probably move this thread to the Grand Cayman port of call topic.

Vendor came to mind when trying to think of a person that would rent us the gear. So you answered both my questions. So it sound like minutes from the boat we can rent the gear and go to Seven Mile for the day. Perfect.

Vendor came to mind when trying to think of a person that would rent us the gear. So you answered both my questions. So it sound like minutes from the boat we can rent the gear and go to Seven Mile for the day. Perfect.

I would think you would want to do the snorkeling at Eden Rock where they have the nice reef with lots of fish to look at and THEN go to Seven Mile for some beach time if you want.

If you go to a sports store like Academy they sell nice snorkel sets with a zipper carrying case for under $50 that do not take up much room in your luggage. That is what we have. You don't want to waste a bunch of your port time renting and returning inexpensive snorkel gear. Port time is precious!

I would think you would want to do the snorkeling at Eden Rock where they have the nice reef with lots of fish to look at and THEN go to Seven Mile for some beach time if you want.

If you go to a sports store like Academy they sell nice snorkel sets with a zipper carrying case for under $50 that do not take up much room in your luggage. That is what we have. You don't want to waste a bunch of your port time renting and returning inexpensive snorkel gear. Port time is precious!

Funny you mention that. I have been seriously concidering buying us a set.

Archived