Laura's Shuttle Service Orlando

JELTB

I am asking if anyone has used Laura's Shuttle round trip service between Orlando Airport and Port Canaveral. I am planning on booking them but would like some direct opinions of those who may have used them.

I haven't used this company but send my the weblink and I will check them out for my cruise next year. I will need transportation for 11 from orlando to port canaveral and back.

We just returned on the 29th of May on the Dream and we used Laura's shuttle from Orlando. On the way over they were wonderful they picked us up at the Holiday Inn Express Airport and were actually fifteen minutes early. Coming back was a different story, we were off the ship at 7:15 and called them, they said they expected the first shuttle to arrive at 8:00 or 8:30 or so...... As it turned out Orlando Shuttle (not positive of the name) stepped up and accepted our return certificate for Laura's and got us back to Orlando in time for our flight. We did pass Laura's just about half way to Orlando they were heading for the Port. Bottom line is they were friendly and very good on the way over, and if we would have had time they would have been ok going back other than waiting over an hour standing in the waiting area outside the terminal.

I know that thread has a lot of information but almost too much, and the format is hard to read. It is nice to hear from people who have had personal experience with transportation, hotels, etc.

We just returned on the 29th of May on the Dream and we used Laura's shuttle from Orlando. On the way over they were wonderful they picked us up at the Holiday Inn Express Airport and were actually fifteen minutes early. Coming back was a different story, we were off the ship at 7:15 and called them, they said they expected the first shuttle to arrive at 8:00 or 8:30 or so...... As it turned out Orlando Shuttle (not positive of the name) stepped up and accepted our return certificate for Laura's and got us back to Orlando in time for our flight. We did pass Laura's just about half way to Orlando they were heading for the Port. Bottom line is they were friendly and very good on the way over, and if we would have had time they would have been ok going back other than waiting over an hour standing in the waiting area outside the terminal.

Hi We were thinking of using Lauras, Do you mind telling me what time your flight home was? We have an early flight and I sure dont want to miss it. Do you know what the name of the shuttle was that took you back? Are they at the port always or did they have people to pick up? Thanks for any info you can give me.

I know that thread has a lot of information but almost too much, and the format is hard to read. It is nice to hear from people who have had personal experience with transportation, hotels, etc.

and its GOOD to get UPDATED reviews from PEOPLE who have just stayed or taken the transportation:)

i dont think LAURAs is one i would want to be using tho.

I am asking if anyone has used Laura's Shuttle round trip service between Orlando Airport and Port Canaveral. I am planning on booking them but would like some direct opinions of those who may have used them.

I too would like to hear from anyone that has used them. I am a little worried after reading Nana and Poppa experience with them.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Called Mike at 407-851-8730 to reserve a spot on Laura's Shuttle. He was helpful and considerate. We had special travel plans that would require my girlfriend and I to travel alone, apart from a large group of other shuttle users, and Mike of Laura's shuttle was willing to accomadate us. The charge would for this individual shuttle service would cost more, or course, so Mike and I agreed to a total round trip charge of $150 ($75 per person). After this agreement, we changed our special travel plans to something more usual, that would allow us to travel with a group of other shuttle travelers, and we called Mike back to get the rate lowered to the usual $35 per person round trip ($70 total) since we would no longer require traveling alone. Mike agreed. This was in early to mid July 2010. We used the service, and it got us to and from where we needed to go, no frills, but no problems, so for $35 per person round trip, their normal charge, I would have been happy. When my credit card statement arrived a month later, the charge was $150. I called Laura's Shuttle to explain the error and get the charge adjusted, and spoke with Mike. He said he recalled dealing with us on this and would credit $80 back to my card, no problem. The following month, I received a credit card statement, and still no credit was made to me by Laura's Shuttle. So I called Mike again. He said one of the "Billing ladies" must have made an error, and that he would personally look into it and take care of it. I thanked him for his assistance with this, after all, mistakes happen. The next month my statement came and still no credit from Laura's Shuttle. I called Mike again. He said he would take care of it. Next month's credit statement, no credit. You get the picture. I gave up on Mike being a man of his word, so I took the issue up with my credit card company. Unfortunantly, too much time had passed at this point for me to successfully dispute the charge with the credit card company's assistance, so I was forced to pay the extra $80 to Laura's Shuttle for services I did not agree to and did not receive. If you have taken the time to read this review, I hope that you choose not to do business with Laura's Shuttle. If you choose to do business with Laura's Shuttle anyway, please make sure you get everything from them in writing, especially billing changes, and please do not expect anything except bare bones trasportation from this business. It is clear to me from my expereince that Mike, and anyone may be in a supervisory position above him who is aware of my dispute, are clearly unethincal. As a business man myself, I know that the apple does not fall far from the tree, and I would expect Laura's Shuttle ability to sustain it's business will get worse over time. If they are willing to gain $80 in the short term at the long term risk of having reviews like this posted all over on the web, then their business judgment is fundamentally flawed. Once the Laura's Shuttle brand name is tarnished, please beware of anyone named Mike in this business. He sounds like an older man, and be especially wary of any shuttle business using the 407-851-8730 phone number. Wish I could do more to help. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy your trip, and good luck finding a good shuttle company to use.

I personally have never used Laura's shuttle. I have used a shuttle and did not like the experience of stopping and waiting to pick up other passengers. I missed my flight and after the experience vowed to always use private transportation. To anyone who has an early flight, I would not consider a shuttle period. I have booked a private towncar twice with executive vip limousine and made both early flights from Port Canaveral to MCO with no problem.

He sounds like an older man, and be especially wary of any shuttle business using the 407-851-8730 phone number. Wish I could do more to help. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy your trip, and good luck finding a good shuttle company to use.

I am so deeply sorry that you experienced this - I met Mike and he really seemed like a very sincere person - I really respect someone when they post their experience for it not only helps folks as myself, but even more, travelers that depend on everyone here to make right choices on others experience.

I AM going to check into this tomorrow without one doubt.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and again so sorry you experienced what you did.

It is clear to me from my expereince that Mike, and anyone may be in a supervisory position above him who is aware of my dispute, are clearly unethincal. As a business man myself, I know that the apple does not fall far from the tree, and I would expect Laura's Shuttle ability to sustain it's business will get worse over time. If they are willing to gain $80 in the short term at the long term risk of having reviews like this posted all over on the web, then their business judgment is fundamentally flawed. Once the Laura's Shuttle brand name is tarnished, please beware of anyone named Mike in this business. He sounds like an older man, and be especially wary of any shuttle business using the 407-851-8730 phone number. Wish I could do more to help. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy your trip, and good luck finding a good shuttle company to use.

Hello buyerbeware14 - I just spoke to Mike with Laura's shuttle and he asked me for you to call him ASAP. He is very upset over this and wants to clear it up since he never has had this problem before.

1407-851-8730

thanks and please keep us posted

On behalf of Laura's Shuttle, I would like to offer our sincere apology for this past experience. Regrettably, with the information provided on your comments we were unable to locate your record. Please send us your cruise departure date and confirmation number, via email to laurasshuttle@aol.com or by fax to 407-859-2575.

We will gladly take this opportunity to address this event to your satisfaction. Thank you for this review.

We just used them in October and had no problems. We called when disembarked and they were there in about 15 -20 min. We did not have

an early flight so time was not real crucial for us. Did wait about 10 - 15

min for all scheduled shuttle passengers to get in the van. We personally

did not have any problems, but if have tight schedule could be a different

story perhaps.

We used Laura's Shuttle on our trip on the Carnival Dream. The price is what lured me in. The morning we were to be picked up, we waited in the hotel lobby. All these other shuttle services were picking up their customers, but not ours. We had to call numerous times and after a pretty long wait, this guy shows up with this van that has seen better days. We had to make numerous stops at different hotels to pick up other passengers and then back to the airport to pick up some very large people. They arranged to put the max in the van - which the back bench had barely enough leg room for me and I'm 5'3". The definitely did not take into consideration whether there were larger people that need accommodation. We picked up 5 very large people and everyone in the van had to smash in so they would fit. People were sitting on other people's laps etc. It was bad. When we were on the expressway to the port, the driver looked like he was having trouble with the steering on the van (not to mention that he looked like he actually soiled his pants and put them on to pick up customers). I would never use them again. Pay the extra to be sure that you have a comfortable seat.

Archived