Ecstasy Owner's Suite Deck 12

Luluwa

1. Does anyone have pics of the Owner's Suites on Deck 12? They're not on the deck plans but I know they're there. :cool:

2. Has anyone stayed stayed in one of them and what did you think? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

We were in it last November. It was definantely a great room, something I'd wanted to try for a long time. However, I probably wouldn't do it again unless they came down on the price. We had booked a GS with the new extended balcony for around $1200 and paid an addition $1600 to upgrade to thi OS. It was my 30th birthday or I may not have done it even then, lol. I will say my one big disappointment was the room steward, the beds didn't get turned down twice and didn't get made up the first sea day. We had to call for ice constantly and when I notified the "department" that sells the OS I was told "the program is in it's infancy, and that was to be expected." Of course being here on CC I knew this wasn't true and let them know I knew these rooms had been around for a long time. They also told me the problem had been corrected, to which I replied I'm glad I could pay that much extra for someone to train on the basic cruise services. This was of course when they called to offer it to me again on the last cruise we took in Februrary. I tried to talk them down on the price, stating my concerns from the first time, but they weren't going to budge, so they can keep it. Both OS sailed empty that cruise.

cruise020.jpg

OS3.jpg

OS5.jpg

OS8.jpg

ph1.jpg

os2.jpg

It's almost as if they just forgot about the room, lol. I'm assuming since it's not always occupied.

I'm not a pick person, nor do I expect special treatment, but at least make/turn-down the bed; I thought that was pretty standard stuff, lol.

Thanks jhale for the info and especially the pics. It's definately a beautiful stateroom and I'd enjoy being in it. I wonder why they're not shown on any of the deck plans? :rolleyes:

Thanks jhale for the info and especially the pics. It's definately a beautiful stateroom and I'd enjoy being in it. I wonder why they're not shown on any of the deck plans? :rolleyes:

From what I was told is that it is not available to the "general public" and only offered for upgrade to certain people. Now that is per Carnival.

However I've seen people get upgraded for free, I've heard of people calling to request it successfully, etc.

I know when we stayed in it I wish it had been on the deck plans because even with the "private" signs on the doors people would randomly knock, they'd be lost or just curious. The first night some gentleman knocked and asked if we could help him get off the ship, we were already moving, lol.

I am booked on the Fantasy for next spring and asked about the owners suite on there. Can't seem to get an answer. If anyone has any advice about how to land one (we are willing to pay) I would appreciate it. Our current room is a grand suite.

When Carnival called to offer it to us for a cruise in Feb I was told it often gets used as a reward for sales contests or for people (I suppose Carnival employees and others) who make outstanding contributions to the community or do other things worthy of cruising in this suite. It is offered to the general public if it isn't being used for one of those reasons.

For the price upgrade you'd think it would come with a dedicated cabin steward, sort of like the butlers on X. It's nice but I don't spend enough awake hours in my cabin to make it worthwhile. I'd never say never but......

When Carnival called to offer it to us for a cruise in Feb I was told it often gets used as a reward for sales contests or for people (I suppose Carnival employees and others) who make outstanding contributions to the community or do other things worthy of cruising in this suite. It is offered to the general public if it isn't being used for one of those reasons.

For the price upgrade you'd think it would come with a dedicated cabin steward, sort of like the butlers on X. It's nice but I don't spend enough awake hours in my cabin to make it worthwhile. I'd never say never but......

I totally agree with you. For what you pay, and how they play up the room there should probably be a dedicated person to take care of that room. IMHO that would make it more worthwhile than just being in the room itself.

Luluwa - They had the room numbers outside the room in November, it didn't help. I will say that the random people coming up was just a minor inconvienience. We had a large group cruising with us for my 30th and I think some people were just following the "crowd" lol. Except for the gentleman that wanted to get off the ship, I have no explanation for him, lol.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived