Cruise director on jewel

Drelix

Paul Hancox?!

I remember him in 2001 as the gym trainer aboard the old Crown Princess! It was our first cruise and we kind of became gym rats. He was so much fun and ran endless classes (for free in those days) and a group of about 15 or so of us just hung out there.

I wish I knew how to contact him....I have several photos from our last aerobics class where he gave out "awards" to many of us who had stuck it out with him during the entire 10-day Panama Canal cruise.

Anyone know a way to contact a cruise director and is it for sure that he is on the Dawn?

I guess it is the same Paul Hancox. He was the cruise director on the Pacific Jewel in February 2010.

We also remembered Paul as Asst Cruise director on the Sapphire in 2008.

Funny guy.

Linda

I guess it is the same Paul Hancox. He was the cruise director on the Pacific Jewel in February 2010.

We also remembered Paul as Asst Cruise director on the Sapphire in 2008.

Funny guy.

Linda

I looked at the photo on the Jewel blog and it was indeed him. I had no idea that he was still in the cruising world. When we left the Crown Princess back in 2001, he told us that he was going to be working for some hotel as a trainer in NYC when his contract with Princess ended.

I learned from a post above that Paul was the assistant CD on the Sapphire not too long ago. I think we may have just missed seeing him as we were on the Sapphire back in 2009.

I checked Facebook, but he apparently does not have a page. I'll have to check tonight (I can't access Facebook here at work:rolleyes:) to see if there is a page on the Dawn. It sounds like he is off the Jewel but soon to board the Dawn??

If you go to my post above and click on the URL, you will find a picture of a ship and written on the pink tab is 'Pacific Dawn'. Click on that and it will take you to the Pacific Dawn blog. You can also click on Facebook and Twitter and you will get the relevant pages.

I just thought :rolleyes: doh! - Zoltina-J is leaving the P Dawn this coming Saturday and SHE is going to the Jewel on 18 July. Probably, Paul is joining the Dawn this Saturday and not in July as I said before.

Sarah Jane conjoured up images of Kerry Anne Kennell - especially when she did the 'cabaret show'. Anyone who watched Gina Riley do KAK will immediately identify with this comment. Sounds like her, moves like her - but has a job from hell!

• 1 month later...
The current CD on Pacific Jewel is a pommy lady named Sara-Jane. Paul was the CD for the QLD coastal cruise with Sara-Jane taking over for the 14 night cruise. She will be CD until Zoltina-J transfers. Anyone sailing on PJ for the next couple of months should take their ear protection as she likes everything LOUD :mad:

Why would she like it loud??? Surely she is in the hands of the production team!!!

We had Sandy Cadwallader on our previous cruise and he was very good and as I had read a lot of negative comments about ZJ I was wondering what she wouyld be like. We only saw her at events in the show lounge, but I thought she was fun! She had everyone in stitches at times.

She said she is going to the Jewel the cruise after today's cruise and Bobbi, who is 'training' to be a CD, is also going to the Jewel. I asked one of the dancers who was going to be CD on the Dawn and he said Paul ..... (didn't know his last name). I tried Bingo which Bobbi was running and found her to be likeable but a bit silly. In fact it quite put me off Bingo (apart from getting nowhere!!! :()

Just off the Pacific Sun this morning, so in regard to Sandy Cadwallader . . . what is it the crowd yells out to the poor punter who goes off prematurely at Bingo, after they have had him up to do the chicken dance . . . LOSER. This arrogant over here yank to needs to learn a lttle bit more about geography, history and people skills and I am personally writing to P&O to complain.

I wont say more than that now but I will make some specific points when I write my review of the PS in the next week or so. And that will be less than positive. Suffice to say it is the last time you will ever catch me on or near the PS.

Just off the Pacific Sun this morning, so in regard to Sandy Cadwallader . . . what is it the crowd yells out to the poor punter who goes off prematurely at Bingo, after they have had him up to do the chicken dance . . . LOSER. This arrogant over here yank to needs to learn a lttle bit more about geography, history and people skills and I am personally writing to P&O to complain.

I wont say more than that now but I will make some specific points when I write my review of the PS in the next week or so. And that will be less than positive. Suffice to say it is the last time you will ever catch me on or near the PS.

looking forward to reading your review

just back off pacific jewel, we had a great time . both Zoltina and Bobbi were fantastic, don't know what people expect but the shows etc were brilliant and a lot of hard work had obviously been put in to them. Didn't hear of anyone complaining about the entertainment, can't wait for the next cruise.

Hi there just thought I would mention that Demo is not a CD anymore. He was on the Jewel as a comedian. Fab but naughty. Very x rated but very entertaining.

Such a shame, no cruise director has ever come close to doing a job as good as what Demo pulled off.

Really really funny guy, was in stitches the entire cruise and the entertainment was always arranged perfectly.

Cruises under Demo also seemed to have an awful lot more to do on them as well, like activities.

His about the only cruise director I've had that is really natural and funny at the same time, he doesn't force everything and try to hard.

Archived