Some confusion over Solarium age limit...

The kids pool on deck 12 is very nice and has a really cool slide. It is located right outside the kids club next to the sports court. No belly flop contest there. There are chairs for the parents and it is a short walk down the stairs to the wind jammer on deck 11.

Is that actually a pool? I need to go look at some of the pictures.....

I'll be back!

The Adventure Ocean kid's pool area looks like it might be more for really little kids? I guess we'll have to wait & see how many toddlers & such there are on our cruise - our son is 9, he's more of a "sit & read a book" kid. Toddlers/little kids running around splashing and such isn't his idea of a good time any more than it's mine..... :) I guess we'll have to get up early & reserve loungers in a few different areas and see how they all pan out - then sit in the best ones!

(Just kidding folks! ;) )

I think that a lot of you are missing the point. I believe the most of the posters are saying that while there are many well behaved 16 year olds out there, they are in the minority. Unfortunately, it's the obnoxious ones that set the tone for the rest of you. There are pleanty of quiet places for you to sit and read a book without trying to utilize the adults only venues.

Missing the point? :confused: WHAT????

What a terrible view of teens you have. O M G. So very sad that folks think that way of teens. Good teens are in the minority?

How do you or anyone else come to this conclusion? Good kids are the minority?

I have a 22 yr old and an 18 yrs old (as of today). I am a very Proud parent and as for their friends, they too are kids to be proud of.

Maybe it is the people who feel this way who associate with disruptive kids.

The Adventure Ocean kid's pool area looks like it might be more for really little kids? I guess we'll have to wait & see how many toddlers & such there are on our cruise - our son is 9, he's more of a "sit & read a book" kid. Toddlers/little kids running around splashing and such isn't his idea of a good time any more than it's mine..... :) I guess we'll have to get up early & reserve loungers in a few different areas and see how they all pan out - then sit in the best ones!

(Just kidding folks! ;) )

Yes we were on last week and not many toddlers and real little kids so the 7-10 year olds were kind of running that area along with the Adventure Club Staff. It is not really a "baby" pool but I agree that pool could go either way depending on the mix of kids on board.

Fyi - Last week there were maybe 20 kids on the entire ship

I think that a lot of you are missing the point. I believe the most of the posters are saying that while there are many well behaved 16 year olds out there, they are in the minority. Unfortunately, it's the obnoxious ones that set the tone for the rest of you. There are pleanty of quiet places for you to sit and read a book without trying to utilize the adults only venues.

Again.. solarium pool 16+. Not adults only.

The OP can sit in the solarium pool or wherever she wishes to read a book.

I am guessing the whole idea of the Solarium is just to have a quiet place to relax without the noise of the belly flop contest, men's sexy legs, drinking contests, screaming wild children (and adults), loud music, jet engines, highway noises, garbage trucks backing up, barking dogs, your boss yelling at you, the phone ringing.......

It is to R-E-L-A-X.......at any age. ;)

If you disturb my relaxing area.....I will ask to have you fed to the turtles!! :eek:

Archived