Reasonable discount

tampatoms

We have booked direct with Princess for 2011. I have been looking at online TA sites and the quotes are running about 13% less than Princess.

That includes OBC and previous sailings. Is this reasonable this far out or should I take a wait and see for later on ? I don't plan to nickel and dime to save less than $25 or so.

Thanks tampatom

You are far enough out that you can hope Princess will reduce fares for you cruise, and you can just call Princess and request that it be applied to your booking.

On several of our cruises, fare reductions have happened and we were always able to get them, as long as it was before final payment date. On a few, we got more than one reduction. For the one we just took in March, we got 2 reductions, totalling over $400 apiece.

It pays to monitor the Princess website and check the fares frequently.

You are far enough out that you can hope Princess will reduce fares for you cruise, and you can just call Princess and request that it be applied to your booking.

On several of our cruises, fare reductions have happened and we were always able to get them, as long as it was before final payment date. On a few, we got more than one reduction. For the one we just took in March, we got 2 reductions, totaling over $400 apiece.

It pays to monitor the Princess website and check the fares frequently.

This is very true as I have done myself. One thing though. There are several T/A's out there who are high volume and can offer fantastic discounts which Princess would never match.

To the OP;

Can't mention any names on the boards but ask your friends about their T/A's. You might get lucky. One more thing, don't solicit T/A info on the boards. Another CC rules violations.

Good Luck

Bob

Archived