What exactly are all the advantages to booking a future Carnival cruise while on one

Will be taking our first cruise in 14 years this fall. Reading this board has made me decide that if my DH is having a great time I will make another reservation for his summer birthday next year.

I've heard alot about people making reservations for a future cruise while on one. What exactly are the advantages?

See my answers on this thread still on page one, same question. (rather than type the same exact answer I typed an hour ago)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1208455

The only advantage is that you get two friends and family certificates to bring home for others to use to book the exact same cruise as you booked onboard. You do only get this if you book onboard.

If you arent booking multiple cabins, then no advantage, buy the certs to bring home and use.

Another possible advantage is the ones you bring home you will have to pay to send them in certified mail. If you are only getting $50 OBC, to me paying almost $5 to mail them in is a big % off the $50.

I wasnt trying to make you feel bad, just saying there might be extra info on the other thread that would be helpfull since it was basically the same question...more to read. I want to read everything, but that's stupid me.

Archived