Just off Caribbean Princess 5/27, another wonderful cruise!!

emilysmimi

I hope to get a review written within the next few days. If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them....:)

Glad you had a wonderful cruise. We did this one last year and had a great time, even though we missed Bermuda. I look forward to your review.

I also just got off the Caribbean Princess today. It was my first Princess cruise. It will also be my last!!!!!!

Sorry you had a bad cruise. We did this one last year and had a great time, even though we missed Bermuda. I look forward to hearing what went wrong... :rolleyes::)

My wife and I just got off the CB on May 27.

All in all the ship exceeded our expectations. The food was very good. One negative might be with the beef, it was consistently on the tough side. Even in the Steak House, the NY Strip was tough. I would absolutely stay with the Filet Mignon. It was fantastic.

We enjoyed the entertainment. I would say that the pool area should have had more entertainment or at least a different band. The weather could have been better but that isn't Princess's fault.

We did the Sanctuary for 2 half day stints and it was great.

The Captain made a "strange" announcement as we were pulling out of our last port that in the next day there was a low pressure system forming. I am not sure what any of the passengers could have done with that information but to worry. It wasn't like anyone could have gotten off the boat and the weather was at least a day away.

Maybe a little annoyance was that the announcements were not piped into our cabin and everytime there was an announcement we had to run and open the door. Additionally, they really should have someone that can read in English, clear English.

I hope to get a review written within the next few days. If you have any specific questions, I will try to answer them....:)

My wife and I just got off the CB on May 27....

If either of you have the Patters from your cruise, can you scan them in so we can see what was scheduled and who was the entertainment?

Thanks in Advance,

Steve

You can't leave us hanging like that. What the heck happened? I've been on the CB once (last year and it was FABULOUS) and am going again in July. I can't imagine what was done to have you make that statement. I can't wait for this review.

Can't wait to read your review. Going on the CB for the third time, she is one of my favorites:)

My wife and I just got off the CB on May 27.

All in all the ship exceeded our expectations. The food was very good. One negative might be with the beef, it was consistently on the tough side. Even in the Steak House, the NY Strip was tough. I would absolutely stay with the Filet Mignon. It was fantastic.

We enjoyed the entertainment. I would say that the pool area should have had more entertainment or at least a different band. The weather could have been better but that isn't Princess's fault.

We did the Sanctuary for 2 half day stints and it was great.

The Captain made a "strange" announcement as we were pulling out of our last port that in the next day there was a low pressure system forming. I am not sure what any of the passengers could have done with that information but to worry. It wasn't like anyone could have gotten off the boat and the weather was at least a day away.

Maybe a little annoyance was that the announcements were not piped into our cabin and everytime there was an announcement we had to run and open the door. Additionally, they really should have someone that can read in English, clear English.

You WANT announcements about Bingo, Art Auctions and the like piped into your cabin?:eek:

God Forbid! Use your Patters to find out whats going on around the ship!;)

Glad you had a wonderful cruise. We did this one last year and had a great time, even though we missed Bermuda. I look forward to your review.

This was our third cruise on CB. We also missed Bermuda last year but were able to get there this year. Beautiful as always!! The only disappoint was the new Snorkel Park. The sand appears to be trucked in and not the kind that I'm used to at other Bermuda beaches. It was not soft at all and there was a lot of small sharp pieces of green glass. I would worry about children playing on this beach. We did use the free tram that goes around the dockyard making several stops, what a great idea!

I also just got off the Caribbean Princess today. It was my first Princess cruise. It will also be my last!!!!!!

Hmmmmm;

Another "hit & run" stab at princess.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bob

did they have the seafood buffet on sailaway? If so, where did they service and what seafood did they have?

Sorry, no seafood buffet.:( Also, I was disappointed that they did not offer crab legs in the dining room. The salmon was wonderful! For the most part food was very good, but I don't eat beef so I can't comment on that. The people that did eat it said it was very good.

I don't know about "strange"... it's nice to be kept informed. I would think that he was alluding to the fact that there might be some rough seas ahead.

And yeah, I, IMHO, think it's great not to have every little announcement piped into the cabins. You can hear them on your TV if you tune to the webcam channel.

Everyone else enjoyed the cruise, so there must be something wrong with above sea level cruiser... Go Princess! To above sea level cruiser, if you aren't happy with Princess, I don't know if you can be happy anywhere! Sure, there can be problems with somethings, nothing is perfect in this world, but to say that it is your last Princess cruise, and to add insult to injury, not give any details... That is messed up! Please go and enjoy other cruise lines, at least we won't have to put up with you!

I was curious about AboveSeaLevel person...and see they have been a member for a while...

and the first post I read off this board was about how he or she lies and says they had gastric bypass surgery...in order to order off the kids menu

So I guess this person is honest, because it was admitted he/she lies when he/she feels like it?

"I can never eat whole dinner........so when I go to restaurants or on a cruise I tell them I had GB surgery so I can order from the kids menu or just an appetizer. It's just that easy:D"

Sorry if I sound cranky but the majority of people who had gastric bypass surgery do not try to eat off the childrens menu or eat for a cheaper price- they just box their food for home...

Anyway- I sailed on CB last year and even though I have been looking ever since for another cruise...I rebooked the CB and absolutely look forward to it....but I will read this persons critique and hopefully learn from it- cause I refuse to not have a wonderful cruise again on the CB...my husband is also happy we are going on the CB again...I am in excitement mode!!!

Bernadette

Archived