A platinum question

ChuckLL

Do you reach platinum status when you book your 10th cruise or after?

In other words does the status only go into effect on your 11th cruise?

Once you step onto your 10th cruise you are PLATINUM :D

This link explains the program for cruises 2-100

http://www.carnival.com/cms/Static_Templates/carnival-past-guest-recognition.aspx

At Carnival, it is a pleasure to welcome you aboard again, and again. In fact -- starting with your second Carnival sailing -- you will become a Gold Member of our Past Guest Recognition program. With only your tenth sailing -- you'll qualify for the benefits of a Platinum member. And with Carnival's new Milestone program, you'll receive shipboard credit representing 25, 50, 75 and even 100% of your 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th sailing respectively. It's our way of saying "It's good to see you again."

Carnival Past Guest Recognition Program

Gold Member

Exclusive past guest offers

Special Gold Sail & Sign card

Invitation to special cocktail reception (5 day or longer cruise)

Platinum Member

All Gold member benefits

Carnival Platinum benefits* including:

Personalized stationery

A special Carnival logo item

Guaranteed dining times and steakhouse reservations

Complimentary $20 entry fee into blackjack or slots tournament**

Spa Carnival priority reservations

Petit fours and/or canapés delivered to cabin*** one evening

Complimentary wash and fold laundry service

Priority tender boarding

Priority embarkation and debarkation

Complimentary arcade tokens valued at $5 dollars for guests under

18 years of age

Platinum Member - Milestone

Sail and celebrate your Carnival “milestone” with our exciting new guest recognition program. Past guests who sail on a “milestone” 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive shipboard credit representing 25 percent, 50 percent, or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that particular voyage. And, for your 100th earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaskan voyage up to eight days in length. These “milestone” cruise benefits are in addition to the other amenities and privileges of being a “Platinum” cardholder.

For more information call toll-free, 1-877-CCL-VIPS (1-877-225-8477). Shipboard credits and free cruises received for “milestone” cruises are non-transferable and non-refundable. Certain other restrictions apply.

*Benefits subject to change

**Must be at least 18 years of age

*** Must be on a 7 Day or longer cruise

Do you reach platinum status when you book your 10th cruise or after?

In other words does the status only go into effect on your 11th cruise?

Yes you are platinum on your 10th cruise and it's so many amenties that goes with it. I love being platinum. I hardly wait in any lines especially at the pursar desk.

The "key" will be when VIP shows up on your Fun Pass....woo hoo!! :)

Btw, if VIP does not show up on the Fun Pass ON your 10th cruise...you might want to check and make sure all your past cruises are listed.

There are still folks who are having trouble getting their older cruises (prior to 1990) listed....

Is there a special line at Guest Services for Platinum?

That would be troubling :confused:

There is a special line at guest services for platinum members. One of the

perks we enjoy being platinum. Its normally the far right of the regular line.

We'll be Platinum after our cruise next March. We need to count a Tropical trip from 1986. DW found our tickets! Gotta love an organized pack rat ;)

We had 2 cruises in 1987 and 1988 and did not have our tickets. I sent a

us mail to Carnival with some old scanned pictures of the inside and outside

of the ship. With the dates we sailed as I still had my email I sent to my boss asking for the time off.

It was quickly added to the history list in my profile.

I don't see why not? When booked by your PVP it would be obvious you would be on the 10th cruise on the last leg of the b2b2b - you should for that cruise get a platinum S&S card and all the perks that go with it.

I am doing a b2b next February and will be platinum on the 2nd 'cruise' - can't wait! And will be saving up all my laundry - ha ha ha!

I understand that I will be entitled to Platinum bennies. My FunPass doesn't state VIP because I haven't sailed my 9th yet. My 9th is ending the same time as the 10th is beginning therefore CCL's systems won't be updated and my S&S card will be gold when printed. Will I have to go to the Purser's desk to have a Platinum card made?

When you pay your cruises off, check you Funpass and cruise docs. I don't think they will reference VIP.

I understand that I will be entitled to Platinum bennies. My FunPass doesn't state VIP because I haven't sailed my 9th yet. My 9th is ending the same time as the 10th is beginning therefore CCL's systems won't be updated and my S&S card will be gold when printed. Will I have to go to the Purser's desk to have a Platinum card made?

When you pay your cruises off, check you Funpass and cruise docs. I don't think they will reference VIP.

You will get a different S&S card for each cruise - and I presume you are filling out more than one fun pass - you can bet if my '2nd' one does not say VIP once I have filled it out online I will be contacting my PVP to rectify the situation!!! (altho it doesn't matter for boarding if I am doing a b2b and I guess worst case scenario is as you mentioned - getting the card changed to Platinum). I will of course try to make sure I don't have to 'do' anything and it will be taken care of???;) And you can bet that 1st day a laundry bag will be filled with 'platinum' written on it (guess I shall have to explain it to my room steward??).

We will be doing cruises 8,9 and 10 on a B2B2B. Will I have to go to Guest Services to get my benefits and platinum S&S card? I am assuming that CCL computers don't update that quickly.

Well hello there ;)

When Keith and I did our b2b my 9th and 10th, my 10th s & s card was the typical gold, I went to guest services it took a little chitty chat, to explain I just got off the boat and back on with number 9, once they understood, then it was credited and I got my platinum card!!!!

You will get a different S&S card for each cruise - and I presume you are filling out more than one fun pass - you can bet if my '2nd' one does not say VIP once I have filled it out online I will be contacting my PVP to rectify the situation!!! (altho it doesn't matter for boarding if I am doing a b2b and I guess worst case scenario is as you mentioned - getting the card changed to Platinum). I will of course try to make sure I don't have to 'do' anything and it will be taken care of???;) And you can bet that 1st day a laundry bag will be filled with 'platinum' written on it (guess I shall have to explain it to my room steward??).

Its impossible to get credit for the 10th cruise when you have even taken the 8th cruise. They will just have to re-issue the card when he actually completes the 9th cruise and re boards for the 10th.

Filling out the funpass for the 10th cruise doesnt get you to Platinum status, you actually have to sail on the 9th cruise.

Its impossible to get credit for the 10th cruise when you have even taken the 8th cruise. They will just have to re-issue the card when he actually completes the 9th cruise and re boards for the 10th.

Filling out the funpass for the 10th cruise doesnt get you to Platinum status, you actually have to sail on the 9th cruise.

Well that's a bummer - I guess you can always visit the purser's desk on your 9th cruise on the b2b and let them know that you are a) staying onboard and b) will be enjoying a 'platinum 'card with all the perks? maybe with advance notice then can have things ready for you?

Well that's a bummer - I guess you can always visit the purser's desk on your 9th cruise on the b2b and let them know that you are a) staying onboard and b) will be enjoying a 'platinum 'card with all the perks? maybe with advance notice then can have things ready for you?

I tried that as we took cruises #9 and 10 as a B2B. We still were issued gold cards for #10. I had to go to guest services desk once we were on #10 and have it taken care of. I took a print out of cruises #1 - 8 (print out from Carnival website of ships with dates cruised) with me in case this happened. We still didn't get the platinum S&S cards until the second or third day.

Archived