Camp Carnival

mndw09

We are going on our first Carnival cruise this fall. On Disney they give parents a pager to carry and they will page you if your kids want picked up from the kids club area. Does Carnival have the same system?

Thanks!

We are going on our first Carnival cruise this fall. On Disney they give parents a pager to carry and they will page you if your kids want picked up from the kids club area. Does Carnival have the same system?

Thanks!

I have heard they do.. but here is what is listed in the FAQ's if you haven't seen it already..

Camp Carnival, Circle "C," and Club O2 are year-round, fleet-wide programs that provides daily fun-filled and age appropriate activities for children and teenagers between the ages of 2 and 11 years old. In addition, there is supervised "free play" and babysitting service in Camp Carnival. Scheduled activities are planned for the following age groups:

• 2 - 5 years old
  • 6 - 8 years old
  • 9 - 11 years old
  • Circle "C" 12 - 14 years old
  • Club O2 15 - 17 years old

Our Youth Programs are not a "Day-Care" but an activity based program. The program is designed so that kids have the choice of being with peers of their own age, whenever desired, but also give families the chance to enjoy "quality family time" together.

On Sea Days Camp Carnival’s hours vary with activities starting at 9am and finishing at 10pm. Camp Carnival will close during the day to allow for Under 2’s. The closing times for 2-11 year olds will be 12-2pm/1pm-3pm and again for an hour before the dinner session (this will vary depending on the ship and the run). Activities for 12-14 year olds will vary from ship to ship, but on a typical sea day it will run 10am-12pm, 2-5pm and 8pm-1am. Activities for 15–17 year olds will also vary from ship to ship, but on a typical sea day it will run 1-6pm and 9:30-1pm.

Camp Carnival Hours on Port Days: Supervised free play begins 15 minutes prior to the first scheduled ship tour to approximately 12:00pm; lunch will be offered and after the lunch an afternoon movie/cartoons will be shown. Scheduled activities resume at 2:00pm until 10:00pm with a break before dinner. This service is complimentary. For ships that arrive in port later in the day supervised freeplay will be offered in the afternoon (each ship will vary so check with your Youth Staff when you are onboard).

Babysitting is provided for ages 0-11, nightly, from 10:00pm to 3:00am. There is a charge for this service (see "Babysitting").

All children 11 years of age and younger must wear a muster station wristband throughout the cruise. Wristbands are available from the Youth Staff. In the event of an emergency, children participating in Camp Carnival activities will be taken to the assembly area (this will vary from ship to ship). They will be divided into the appropriate groups according to their muster station by the Youth Staff. During an emergency situation, the parents should collect their own life jackets and their child's life jacket from their stateroom and proceed directly to their muster station. The Youth Staff will deliver all children to their parents muster stations according to their muster station wristbands.

The Camp Carnival Staff may not administer any medication and/or needles to any child participating in the Youth Activity Program. Additionally, no medications with the exception of epi-pens, diabetic testing equipment & inhalers are permitted in the playroom. If your child requires regular medication while attending Camp Carnival, parents must return to administer that medication.

So would they page me for my 10 year old if I had a pager for my 5 year old? I don't plan on giving the 10 year old in/out privleges.

The 2-5 age group gives you a pager or cell phone so that they can contact you when your child is ready to go.

just back from an 8 day on the Miracle. We travelled with a 6 and 3 yo boys...they gave us a cell phone that is active thru the ships communication system...you can call Camp Carnival from it and everyother extension on the ship....the only thing is it will not work off the ship. also do not let them get damaged.......good system, and they will call...

So would they page me for my 10 year old if I had a pager for my 5 year old? I don't plan on giving the 10 year old in/out privleges.
I doubt it. They may be in different areas of the ship, doing different things.

Our 9 1/2 year old won't be getting sign-out privileges either...she'd panic if she had to sign herself out anyway.

Our 9 1/2 year old won't be getting sign-out privileges either...she'd panic if she had to sign herself out anyway.

You procreated? I feel for your wife. :D

They gave us a cell phone. The number was assigned to the family and they used it for any of the kids, even the oldest once when he was in club o2:eek:. It is a good system - sometimes it's a question and you can just answer the phone with out having to go find a phone.

Guess I'll find out in just over a week! I'll report back :)

Archived