Port or Starboard on Seranade of the seas

It's true...either side is fine....what you don't see at one port, you'll see at another. And, if you don't like the view from you balcony, you'll go to an open deck and have 360 degree views....there are no bad views in the Caribbean--anywhere!

I like to sit on my balcony and see the islands passing by, so I'll look at a map of the itinerary and pick the side with the most land we'll pass by. Whether we'll get close enough to see who knows, but that's just how I pick and it's worked for me.

I looked at the map and thought, at first, that our Port side balcony would be ideal going south passing islands we don't stop at. Then woke up to the fact that sunset is at about 6pm, shortly after leaving last port so most of the sailing past islands will be at night. Distances are so close that even sailing really slow we will likely dock in wee hours of morning. Might have been better to have Starboard side for sunsets but that time of day we'll be having pre-dinner drinks somewhere...with view from there. So for us it does not matter.

We had 8088 on our Serenade cruise last year. Huge balcony and the convenience to the elevators was awesome! We've got a corner aft this time (9 days from now), so we'll see how we like the long walk to the elevators! I may be missing that hump cabin!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived