Freestyle-dining/Breakfast

I would appreciate information on freestyle dining. My travel agt stated that it is available but we must speak with the M.D. Is this true? I havent seen any information on this.

Just early and late seating? What are the scheduled times?

Also, did anyone have breakfast served to there cabin? If so, please send details.

Can I carry my luggage to my room?

Can I reserve low ride wave pool instructions online? Or should I just wait till the first day?

Sorry about all the questions just want to be prepared.

I would appreciate information on freestyle dining. My travel agt stated that it is available but we must speak with the M.D. Is this true? I havent seen any information on this.

Also, did anyone have breakfast served to there cabin? If so, please send details.

Can I reserve low ride wave pool instructions online? Or should I just wait till the first day?

You can choose to do My Time Dining (on deck 5) or Early/Late Seatings (on decks 3 & 4). With MTD, you can pretty much go when ever you want (I believe 5:30-9:30) and you can make these reservations all online in your PreCruise Planner.

We had Room Service Breakfast twice...you can fill out menus they leave in your stateroom and leave them outside your door and they will bring it at the time you choose (as late as 10:00). Its pretty much basic breakfst fare (eggs, bacon, suasage, fruits, danish, ceral, juices).

As far as your luggage, just keep in mind that staterooms don't open until 1:00...so if you arrive an earlier, you will have to lug it all around with you and it is pretty busy everywere. IMO, I would leave it for the crew.

You can reserve the Flowrider lessons either way...I would recommend just doing it online to make sure you get a spot....it is usually pretty busy and sells out if wait to long.

We had room service breakfast one morning and I didn't find it worth it. We ordered bacon and instead got pastries...? But the eggs seemed to be better than those in buffet areas.

I'm not sure if you can carry your bags on but I wouldn't even attempt to... it's very busy especially if you're going to eat... it was hard enough carrying our carry-ons around. Just pack what you need in your carry-on and wait for them to bring your luggage.

I would suggest that if you want My Time Dining, you should arrange it beforehand. We did My Time Dining on a Carnival ship, we realized that was perfect for us - 6pm feels too rushed after a day in port, 8:30 is late for us 'old folks'. We were originally scheduled for late dining on our upcoming Oasis cruise, and had our travel agent change it to MTD. I wouldn't take the chance that the Maitre D' can change it for you once on board if that's what you want - there's limited space for it.

Early seating is 6pm; late seating is 8:30pm

We usually book a balcony, so we love having our morning coffee and breakfast there. We usually stick to fruit and/or pastries - you can't go too wrong there. If we are on a tight schedule we put the tag on the door, otherwise we call room service when we get up.

I agree with the post above - I wouldn't want to 'shlep' my luggage around until my room is ready. We love to explore the ship as soon as we get onboard (and with this ship, there is SO much to explore). We usually take a carryon or tote with essentials for in case we don't get our luggage till later.

If you have a specific time you want to do the flowrider, make them online.

Isn't that why these forums are here - for those of us cruise obsessed and wanting to know everything and be prepared.

Welcome to Cruise Critic - I took my first cruise without knowing about these boards, and although nothing beats the excitement of the first cruise, my cruise experience is most enjoyable when I know as much as I can about the ship, ports, etc. ahead of time.

Judi

On RC it is called MYD (my time dining). Your travel agent must request this before your cruise because tips for the entire cruise must be paid before you cruise. I did it on another smaller RC ship and had no problem going to the MD on first day and set up time for first night. After that I'd just let the MD know what time for the following night. If your ta doesn't know about this I'd be wary about what else he doesn't know that could help you.

I really appreciate all of your assistance. Thank you!!

If I leave my luggage with the crew- how late does it get to your cabin?

Also, my set sail pass doesnt say anthing about dining, should I call my agent? I'll have to check out the website and reserve my TIME DINING. Can you just have a table with you and your spouse?

Take care.

Also, my set sail pass doesnt say anthing about dining, should I call my agent? I'll have to check out the website and reserve my TIME DINING. Can you just have a table with you and your spouse?

Take care.

Your dining preference should be listed on your reservation. If you log into My Cruises on http://www.rccl.com and click on your cruise, your dining preference should be at the very bottom of the page. If you wish to do My Time Dining, you will need to click on that option on the Pre Cruise Planner. You will need to pre-pay all of your gratuities up front.

When you get to the restaurant, you may request a table for two.

I really appreciate all of your assistance. Thank you!!

If I leave my luggage with the crew- how late does it get to your cabin?

Take care.

If you booked with a travel agent, you will not be able to make modifications to your cruise - the agent will have to do that.

We've had our luggage anywhere between when we first get to our cabin to just before dinner. However, I have heard some people not getting it till later in the evening. That's why you should have a carry-on or tote with some essential items you may need into the evening. If you don't get to change your clothes for dinner - that's OK, it is more casual the first night for that reason.

You should be able to get a table for 2, although if you don't reserve it ahead of time, you may have a longer wait.

As you have to pay the gratuities upfront your TA should manage this for you. My Time Dining might be fully booked by the time you board.

I don´t think you´re allowed to carry your bags onboard as all bags are going to be screened. You can carry them off the ship (Express Debarkation). Cabins are not ready until 1 pm. Luggage arrival depends on the time you are boarding. It can take up to 7 pm or even later. We boarded by 11:30 pm and had our luggage by 3 pm.

steamboats

As you have to pay the gratuities upfront your TA should manage this for you. My Time Dining might be fully booked by the time you board.

I don´t think you´re allowed to carry your bags onboard as all bags are going to be screened. You can carry them off the ship (Express Debarkation). Cabins are not ready until 1 pm. Luggage arrival depends on the time you are boarding. It can take up to 7 pm or even later. We boarded by 11:30 pm and had our luggage by 3 pm.

steamboats

Not true. You can carry on any bags which can fit through the scanner which is about the same size as those at the airport. Anything larger will need to be checked. ;)

Archived