Best Pan Roast In Key West

Kurt-N-Kathy

Sorry...I have no idea what a pan roast is. Help?

A Pan Roast is usually found at an Oyster Bar. They start by roasting shellfish, shrimp and scallops in a pan with white wine and build on it until it resembles something close to bisque with whole seafood. Its quite amazing and hard to come by. I grew up in Lake Tahoe where it is somewhat popular. My favorite is served at Fairchilds Oyster Bar in the Silver Legacy in Reno Nevada.......

http://www.laketahoereno.com/Community/DisplayAd.asp?id=2306

1 oz. Whole Butter

1 1/2 oz. White Wine

1/8 tsp. Paprika

1/8 tsp. Celery seed

1 oz. Clam juice

1 tsp. Lemon juice

1/8 tsp. Worcestershire

1/8 tsp. Tabasco

2 oz. Cocktail sauce

2 oz. Shrimp, 41/50 peeled and deveined raw

2 oz. Scallops

2 oz. Oysters, raw, shucked

2 oz. Crabmeat

3-4 each Black mussels

3-4 each Clams

Salt and pepper to taste

2 oz. Whipping Cream

1 oz. Whole butter

Chives

For best results, use a double boiler and blanch seafood of your choice.” Get pan hot, add butter and melt. Add white wine, clam juice, cocktail sauce, celery seed, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, Tabasco sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add mussels and clams, cook until they open. Add shrimp, scallops, and crabmeat, and bring to a full boil. Finally, add whipping cream and boil for approximately 1 minute. Finish with the last 1 oz. butter and garnish with chives. Serve hot.

Oh my goodness, that sounds fantastic! I'm sorry to say I do not recall seeing anything like that on the menus of our local oyster bars.

We do have the Half Shell Raw bar, which is excellent, but they do not have a dish like that.

Try A&B. They have a bouillabaisse that is somewhat similar.

http://www.aandblobsterhouse.com/

Classic Stews, Pan Roasts, & Bisques

Stews and pan roasts are prepared the traditional way by slow-roasting oysters, clams, mussels, and lobsters then adding them to a broth of fresh herbs and vegetable with a touch of cream and sherry.

• Oyster Stew - Fresh shucked oysters & oyster mushrooms prepared with sherry & cream - $8.75
  • Oyster Pan Roast - Fresh shucked oysters, leeks, chili sauce & paprika - $9.75
  • Lobster Pan Roast - Lobster medallions, andoiulle sausage & garlic in a saffron broth - $12.75
  • Lobster Bisque - Laced with cognac & Maine lobster medallions & garnished with caviar - $8.75
  • New England Clam Chowder - Fresh clams, celery, potatoes, bacon & cream - $6.75

A&B

Pjk

Archived