Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

Here's the link:

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html?int=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-TRAVEL-TOOLS

If you go to the bottom of the home page and click on Travel Tools, you will get this page with the next release date. Only you will need to look for the one after 5/26 for your January date.

Looks like they are going to skip over mid-November and December to open up all winter sales on May 26th. Is that usual? Trying to buy tickets for Thanksgiving Week cruise and thought the SW schedule would be available in April vice May. New to this "gamble" of when to purchase tickets or when to hold out for a discount airline.

• 2 weeks later...

Airtran now have bookings open through Nov 20th. I was waiting on booking to open up thru Nov 13th. The price is $800 pp and we are a family of 4. Guess I will have to travel 1 1/2 hours to the next nearest airport and fly Jetblue if their prices sound better once they open up their bookings thru the 13th of Nov.

Airtran now have bookings open through Nov 20th. I was waiting on booking to open up thru Nov 13th. The price is $800 pp and we are a family of 4. Guess I will have to travel 1 1/2 hours to the next nearest airport and fly Jetblue if their prices sound better once they open up their bookings thru the 13th of Nov.

And what prices are you finding now, on other carriers, besides AirTran? Are they all as high as $800 pp?

And what prices are you finding now, on other carriers, besides AirTran? Are they all as high as $800 pp?

The only other one I've been checking is JetBlue. Their prices for my date have not come out yet, but I'm hoping it's not as high as AirTran. I've checked the fares for both airlines for flights leaving the end of October just to do a price comparison and for a family of 4 it would be $1219 AirTran with one stop and $1157 Jetblue nonstop. AirTran for the dates I actually need in early/mid Nov. is showing $3483. Now I'm just waiting for JetBlue to post their schedule because I really would prefer the nonstop if it's within my budget. I'm assuming they may be less expensive than Delta, Continental, etc but I could be wrong.

Other airlines, such as DL, CO, US, UA, etc, have been selling tickets for mid-Nov since around the end of last December. If your main goal is a cheaper ticket price, why haven't you at least checked to see what price you can get with one of them?

Other airlines, such as DL, CO, US, UA, etc, have been selling tickets for mid-Nov since around the end of last December. If your main goal is a cheaper ticket price, why haven't you at least checked to see what price you can get with one of them?

Thanks for your advise. I've always thought/heard airlines such as AirTran, JetBlue, Southwest etc was less expensive than DL, CO, US, etc. The last two times over the past two years I've flown, that has been the case so I was assuming it's almost always the case. I'm no expert at this so again, thanks for your advise. I'll check other airlines and see if I can make my goal. It would be even greater if I could find a non-stop at a reasonable price.

• 2 weeks later...

It pays to wake up in the middle of the night and surf the boards. I've been waiting to book my air for my 11/27 cruise on the Allure. In all honesty of been dreading the flight prices for Thanksgiving weekend.

Well got an email from Jet Blue saying flight dates now open through January. I got a great deal, with direct flights both ways :D

Tried to stay up till 12:01 am to book my flights for my party of 8 for our xmas cruise...lol..but fell asleep..but did wake @ 4:00 am..and booked our party :)

Direct flight and HUGE savings...esp. compared to flying from Ottawa..well worth the 3 hr drive to fly from Syracuse.

From Ottawa the taxes are almost the same price as the fare :(..and for a party of 8..just not feasible..

Thank goodness for JETBLUE :)

Can't wait!!

I got all excited when I received the email saying their schedule would be issued today ... but my excitement was short lived when I realized it only went up to January 3 :( I've been holding off booking a flight to San Juan for January 14th. We love flying Jet Blue so I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer and hope they update it soon :o

Thanks for the heads up!! Just got a great deal for our December cruise. :D

Our cruise is for December 10th on the Oasis...I was told to wait until August to book my flight with Jet Blue or Southwest. I'm getting nervous reading everyone's messages on this thread. Am I kidding myself to wait that long or should I consider getting something now...

Our cruise is for December 10th on the Oasis...I was told to wait until August to book my flight with Jet Blue or Southwest. I'm getting nervous reading everyone's messages on this thread. Am I kidding myself to wait that long or should I consider getting something now...

Hi,:) we are in May and you are sailing in December? If you find a price

that you feel is a good one then I would say to book it. I have sailed

in December/January for the last few years in a row and I think I booked

my flights in the middle of the summertime for those cruises. I don't keep

my paperwork year to year or I could tell you exactly when I did it.

But if you find a price you are happy with right now? I would book it:)

Oh, Southwest is only showing schedules through Nov 4th so December

is not available yet. OK...that should be in the next 3 months (my memory

is not what it used to be....). Your flight will be on the next set of itineraries.

I did book my previous flights in the middle of summer for December cruises

and I have used Southwest ALOT:)

Edited by Lois R

Hi,:) we are in May and you are sailing in December? If you find a price

that you feel is a good one then I would say to book it. I have sailed

in December/January for the last few years in a row and I think I booked

my flights in the middle of the summertime for those cruises. I don't keep

my paperwork year to year or I could tell you exactly when I did it.

But if you find a price you are happy with right now? I would book it:)

Oh, Southwest is only showing schedules through Nov 4th so December

is not available yet. OK...that should be in the next 3 months (my memory

is not what it used to be....). Your flight will be on the next set of itineraries.

I did book my previous flights in the middle of summer for December cruises

and I have used Southwest ALOT:)

Ok, thanks...You've put my mind at ease now. I will keep looking for that great deal but I probably will book in the summer like you've suggested....Thanks again.

Ok, thanks...You've put my mind at ease now. I will keep looking for that great deal but I probably will book in the summer like you've suggested....Thanks again.

Southwest will release schedule on May 24th for flights through Jan. 6th

Did you take a look at Jet Blue yet? I got a great price for direct flights. We sail Thanksgiving weekend and come home December 4. The rate I got was less than what I usually pay on SWA

When is Air Tran releasing their next set of dates? Right now it is through the beginning of November.

Me too would love to know when JetBlue AND Air Tran are releasing their flight info. We are sailing end of Jan, and Air Tran is only till end Nov right now I think and Jet Blue is Jan 3 I think.

Paitently waiting :rolleyes: