Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Do any of the airlines open booking for December up earlier than the 6 month or so window since it's peak travel for holidays?

Sure; any of the legacy carriers. For the ones listed on this thread, no. That's not their marketing strategy.

I'm looking at booking Airtran Nov 3rd - 13th. I'm almost afraid to see what the prices will be being that I had budgeted a price months ago for a family of 4 to FLL. When do they usually come out with prices for November? I'm hoping I don't have to cancel my cruise due to the airfare being too far out of my price range.

When does schedules open for AirTran for early to mid November? When I first started checking average prices last month, they were open up until beginning/mid October which is just over 7 months.

Does anyone know when Jet Blue will open up flights for Nov 2011? thanks.

Usually six to eight months in advance. Sign up as a TrueBlue member and you'll receive notification shortly before the next schedule extension, keep checking online at jetblue.com or call 1-800-JETBLUE (538-2583) for updates.

Does anyone know what time SW posts their new schedule? Do I need to set my alarm clock for midnight or do they open it up at the start of the business day?

Usually around 10:00 a.m. Central Time, but this isn't guaranteed. You can check here for date changes:

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html?ref=trvltls_gn

When does schedules open for AirTran for early to mid November? When I first started checking average prices last month, they were open up until beginning/mid October which is just over 7 months.

Air Tran does not tell you when their schedule is going to open up. Usually six to nine months in advance. Keep checking their webpage.

For anyone's future reference, when I checked SW this morning at 7:15am eastern time, the new schedule was already posted.

That's good to know; thank you. I usually go on about 8AM Pacific Time, so I will go on earlier on 5/26. I'm looking to get air for Nov 11th.

I have searched the Southwest site and can't find the place where they tell when they will open up the next segment of travel dates. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

They are releasing the next dates May 26 up to Jan 6, 2012.

Thank you. My travel dates are January 13 with return the next weekend. Guess they will open those dates around mid summer.

I remember finding the info on the next release dates on the SW site but can't seem to locate it on there now.

Thank you. My travel dates are January 13 with return the next weekend. Guess they will open those dates around mid summer.

I remember finding the info on the next release dates on the SW site but can't seem to locate it on there now.

Here's the link:

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html?int=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-TRAVEL-TOOLS

If you go to the bottom of the home page and click on Travel Tools, you will get this page with the next release date. Only you will need to look for the one after 5/26 for your January date.

Edited by pcur

Here's the link:

http://www.southwest.com/html/travel-tools/index.html?int=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-TRAVEL-TOOLS

If you go to the bottom of the home page and click on Travel Tools, you will get this page with the next release date. Only you will need to look for the one after 5/26 for your January date.

This is what I was looking for. Thank you very much.