Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

• 4 weeks later...
Any idea when Jetblue is opening up flights after Jan 3rd? I can't seem to get a hold of them to let me know !

Thanks ! :D

I'm still waiting to hear too....can't seem to find any information :(

I'm still waiting to hear too....can't seem to find any information :(

I'm also waiting for the Jet Blue release of flights for April and haven't been able to find that info anywhere. I like how Southwest posts it on their website. Jet Blue treats it as if it's a national security secret~!

I'm also waiting for the Jet Blue release of flights for April and haven't been able to find that info anywhere. I like how Southwest posts it on their website. Jet Blue treats it as if it's a national security secret~!

I'm patiently waiting for Jet Blue as well! :confused: Not sure if I'm dreaming but I somehow thought I'd read somewhere that it's normally mid July when they release the next block of fares. I need flights mid January to and from San Juan from Buffalo.

Just received an email from JetBlue saying this Sunday at noon their schedule will be extended through February 15th, 2012 !! :D Hooray!:D

Now I just have to remember to check on Sunday ! :rolleyes:

I was just checking in to see if this had been shared over here :) I'm still out of luck on this one as I need April 2012 flights. I'm hoping that will be included with the next release after this one. Patience ......

Ok so I have in my calendar that Air Tran opens up dates past end of Jan, today, June 28th.

I go on their site and nadda, nuffin! :(

JetBlue opened up on Sunday and already the flights have gone up in price! *sigh*

Anyone receive word from Air Tran? I am looking at end of January :D

I also heard a rumour that Southwest bought Air Tran and are merging in the early 2012. Wonder how that would effect a flight if booked now?!

The new block of Southwest fllights opens up on July26 (Tuesday). Anyone have experience with this?

1. Does the block open up first thing in the morning?

2. I think the prices are usually best when the block first opens. How long after opening do the prices stay relatively low?

Thanks for any insight. I need to pounce that day.

How long after opening do the prices stay relatively low?

Depends how fast they are bought up!

Do purchase them right away, as you can receive price drops on Southwest in the form of a credit towards a future flight. The future flight must be within one year of the purchase date of the trip where the price went down. For example if you buy on July 26, 2011 and in August 5, 2011 the price drops $50, you would be able to use the $50 for any newly booked flight up until July 26, 2012. The price drops are not automatic; you have to "cash in" on them online.

The new block of Southwest fllights opens up on July26 (Tuesday). Anyone have experience with this?

2. I think the prices are usually best when the block first opens. How long after opening do the prices stay relatively low?

Whenever we've watched for the new releases on flights it's happened at 11am EST. As far as booking flights and prices it's always a crap shoot. If the prices are reasonable I usually book as soon as they open. The only times where we've seen significant drops have been on our fall flights. I could kick myself because I've seen several deals for our October flights this fall. While the credit is a nice perk with South West for price drops it's often useless to us as it has to be used within a specific amount of time. If you travel often it's a great perk. If you are traveling during a peak travel time prices tend to go up very quick. I've seen prices go up within a few hours of the initial release. Once the designated amount of fares are sold then the price jumps.

I purchased SW tickets for Spring 2011 cruise as soon as the block was open. The prices

were good. I believe SW will adjust your fare if it drops and you notify them. After making our ticket purchase, the fares increased as our flight was during Springbreak.

I'm patiently waiting for Jet Blue as well! :confused: Not sure if I'm dreaming but I somehow thought I'd read somewhere that it's normally mid July when they release the next block of fares. I need flights mid January to and from San Juan from Buffalo.

I'm going to be doing the same route, prices are still kinda steep though - any idea when they will go on sale?

I'm going to be doing the same route, prices are still kinda steep though - any idea when they will go on sale?

I've been checking Jet Blue prices(Buffalo to San Juan) daily and they haven't moved one way or the other yet. I think I'm going to hang off a bit and see if there's any kind of drop. I agree..they are steep but compared to our Canadian fares from Toronto to San Juan, it's still cheaper :)

Here's hoping they come down a bit!

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to find AirTran flights through Jan 20 2012 on Orbitz (but not on AirTran web site when I checked earlier today). I called and was told that flights can be booked through Jan 20 and in about two weeks, they will open up the next block.

I was able to find AirTran flights through Jan 20 2012 on Orbitz (but not on AirTran web site when I checked earlier today). I called and was told that flights can be booked through Jan 20 and in about two weeks, they will open up the next block.

Thanks for the update. I noticed that the calendar months in their drop down menu go through March so I'm hoping to book tickets at the end of this month :)