Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

For anyone who's waiting on flights for Jet Blue, I received an email notice that their flights through April 30, 2012 will be available at 12pm on July 17th.

lol.. you beat me! :D I was just coming to post that too.

For anyone who's waiting on flights for Jet Blue, I received an email notice that their flights through April 30, 2012 will be available at 12pm on July 17th.

I'm waiting for their Jan 2012 flights to go on sale!!!

I was able to find AirTran flights through Jan 20 2012 on Orbitz (but not on AirTran web site when I checked earlier today). I called and was told that flights can be booked through Jan 20 and in about two weeks, they will open up the next block.

Thanks for the information. I am waiting to see what the prices are going to be for PHL to HOU for our Feb cruise!

Southwest had up on their site (for weeks!) that the next block of tickets would be available on Tuesday, July 26. As of today, I noticed that this has been changed to Monday, July 25.

Thanks. I would not have checked the site until Tuesday if you had not posted.

Just checked Air Tran, and the flights for my cruise in Feb is out. Only problem is that, it is outrageous! The price for one way was 448, and 448 coming back... WOW~ The flight is from PHL to HOU!

I will check again on Tuesday.

Just checked Air Tran, and the flights for my cruise in Feb is out. Only problem is that, it is outrageous! The price for one way was 448, and 448 coming back... WOW~ The flight is from PHL to HOU!

I will check again on Tuesday.

Pricey!!! Can you fly another airline?

Pricey!!! Can you fly another airline?

I am still waiting on Southwest. I think the fares will go down on Tuesday. When I first saw Air Trans realease for December, the days I wanted to book it was crazy. Then the following Tuesday, the price was back to normal.

I am flying BWI to GRR Dec 20 to Dec 27 for $202 plus taxes. I say that isn't too bad for holiday travel.

Until this evening, sites like Orbitz and Expedia were listing the Jan 22 flight I am looking at for $135 on AirTran while AirTran itself has the same flights posted for $441. The Jan 20 fare -- two days before what I need -- was $119 until yesterday and rose to $123 last night.

Those non-AirTran sites no longer list the cheap fares. I believe their computers just pick up whatever AirTran is posting. AirTran itself could be mid-process in loading the next block of fares but is using the current prices as place holders.

My personal belief is that AirTran prices will drop on Monday or Tuesday or whenever Southwest posts its next block. But I plan to grab our tickets the first thing when I see those fares posted!

Southwest had up on their site (for weeks!) that the next block of tickets would be available on Tuesday, July 26. As of today, I noticed that this has been changed to Monday, July 25.

Where is this on their website????? I can never find it.

Edited by pizzalady1

Where is this on their website????? I can never find it.

Sometimes you have to hunt. I generally see it on home page. Last year I just called customer service direct and they told me when the next set of dates would be available.

My personal belief is that AirTran prices will drop on Monday or Tuesday or whenever Southwest posts its next block. But I plan to grab our tickets the first thing when I see those fares posted!

Southwest now owns AirTran. Why would they be competing with themselves?

There is a HUGE difference between acquiring a business (which can be run as a wholly owned subsidiary) and two companies merging. A merger of companies and/or schedules eventually may happen as a result of Southwest acquiring AirTran but the parent company may decide to keep the two lines separate. There are several comparable situations in the cruise and car industries. Also, the two airlines may have different schedules. Depending on the routes, it may not be advantageous to merge or discontinue some routes.

The Southwest Airlines schedules are up (as of this morning) for flights thru March 9.

I am not particularly happy. All one ways (coming and going) between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale are $188. I don't think I have EVER paid that in the past.

The Southwest Airlines schedules are up (as of this morning) for flights thru March 9.

I am not particularly happy. All one ways (coming and going) between Chicago and Fort Lauderdale are $188. I don't think I have EVER paid that in the past.

The same is true from Providence to Ft. Lauderdale. The pricing is much higher than what I paid last year.

SWA Pittsburgh to Ft. Lauderdale was $259. one way. Now it's $263. (one stop) Airtran is currently $136. No brainer for us.:cool:

Agreed. AirTran is cheaper for me, even with paying for bags. I will wait a day or two to see if it goes down, though.

Southwest and Airtran are going to be the same company soon. Waiting for FAA to grant single operating certificate which will probably be next year. I'm sure the frequent miles programs will merge into one in some way. You can read about it here http://www.lowfaresfarther.com/

Edited by steve20832

I'm well aware of the merger. In NE Ohio we have SW in Cleveland and AirTran in Akron/Canton. One usually seems to be cheaper than the other. No idea how that will change once the merger is complete (sometime in 2012), but at the time of my cruise (1/22) they have separate schedules so I'd assume the merger will complete at some point after Q1. (Southwest just released dates out to early March)

DL is still only $333 roundtrip for your cruise (MDW-FLL), and it was probably a lot less when booking opened up for these dates, almost six months ago, as the lower fare classes are now sold out. If you could fly ORD-FLL, roundtrip fare is only $235 on CO/US.

Airfares are up; fuel prices are high and airlines are cutting routes. It is to be expected that ticket prices will also rise.

That fare is not bad. I am looking at flights for April 2012. SW does not have those dates available yet. Check AA and they are charging around $150 one way from my city to FLL plus they charge for luggage.