Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

My group booked our flights today when they opened. We did not think the fare was bad, we wanted the non stops and noticed that it looked like the amount of flights was reduced. We don't want to take any chances.

No more SWA for me! Used to give great fares and service, but since the merger, it's all about $$$$$$$$. It used to be my favorite airline, but no more, since talking to the 19-year old agent (she admitted) about Senior Fares. She yawningly said "go on-line". I said "No, I want a Senior fare quote". Hemming and hawing and sighing and then suddenly CLICK. And that's that!

I've had five 19-year olds in my life (my kids), and not one of them ever hung up on me! They probably wanted to, but didn't.

I'll never fly SWA again.

SW and Airtrain are both 188 each way for my cruise in Feb. PHL to HOU, Feb 11-19.

Just looked and got a great quote from Delta. Allentown to Houston, connecting in Atlanta for 253 each round trip. Is it worth driving to Allentown 2 hours north?

We did 2 hours south to Baltimore our last cruise.

We booked our Tampa to Minneapolis return flight on AirTran. The fare was very inexpensive at $137 (with fees) but the best connection for THAT fare leaves in the evening. The noontime flight we really wanted was priced at $441.

The price for both flights dropped to $123.

AirTran will issue credits for price drops against future reservations. When I spoke with the AirTran agent, I mentioned that we really wanted the earlier flight but it was so much more than the flight we booked.... She was willing to swap our whopping $8 credit on the evening flight we booked for the more desirable noontime flight. (She said it was easier to change the reservation than do the paperwork!) So, we now have Tampa to Minneapolis in late January at $137! (This includes the FAA fee which we hope to see back.)

I just wanted others to be aware of the credit (hey, money is money!); and have a shot at a better flight time. Good luck!

Since I don't know how to edit a previous post, just to clarify: We now have a NOON flight from Tampa to Minneapolis in late January at $119 + fees = $137. I paid almost double last year!

• 3 weeks later...

Trying to get a group of people out of Pit to Orlando..February 25th returning March 4th.

I truly think the rates are high...it comes out to be $331.00+rt. Dont you think thats High?

At this point, Im thinking of one of two senieros..

1. Buy the flight out of Pittsburgh its 136.00+ because I like the early non stop flight

2, Wait and hope the return goes down...but then I have the what if factor, what I cant find a flight out..then I loose a days pay and hotel and food and etc etc..

Can you tell Im a lil stressed, Ive never had this problem before..

Thanks Much......

Why would you book these flights and pay $331 on Southwest, when DL or AirTran is selling your dates/routing for ~$290?

Your right I like the 290.00 better but the return trip, flight is causing the rate to up..up to 331.00 I need to have time to get off of the ship, travel to Orlando, and check in, therefore, Im thinking the earlist flight I could get would be the 1130ish dont you agree? If you figure something please please let me know.. :)

I don't know how many tickets you are searching for at once, but there are only so many tickets released in each fare bucket. If you are doing a search for say six tickets, and there are only four left at the lower price, you are going to pull up all six tickets at the higher price. Try reducing the number and see if you can get some of them for less.

We will be on our third cruise in Nov. flying out of Pitt to Fll. Being new cruisers and fliers we try and do our research and have found the following:

1) Finding a reasonably priced flight is, at best, a CRAP shoot. Cheap Air, Price line, Expedia, etc. put out the same info on-line (prices are the same). I have found it best to deal directly with the airline. Prices can change daily.

This may be a poor analogy but, if you need a new roof you can call a plumber and he will get done for you but, he is only the middle man. When I recently had a roof re-done who do you think I called??? Yep....a ROOFER. Wanna Fly...? Call an airline. Just sayin..........

As far as flying out of Pittsburgh I have found AirTran to be the most resonable.

quote=tinak;30218283]Trying to get a group of people out of Pit to Orlando..February 25th returning March 4th.

I truly think the rates are high...it comes out to be $331.00+rt. Dont you think thats High?

At this point, Im thinking of one of two senieros..

1. Buy the flight out of Pittsburgh its 136.00+ because I like the early non stop flight

2, Wait and hope the return goes down...but then I have the what if factor, what I cant find a flight out..then I loose a days pay and hotel and food and etc etc..

Can you tell Im a lil stressed, Ive never had this problem before..

Thanks Much......

Your right I like the 290.00 better but the return trip, flight is causing the rate to up..up to 331.00 I need to have time to get off of the ship, travel to Orlando, and check in, therefore, Im thinking the earlist flight I could get would be the 1130ish dont you agree? If you figure something please please let me know.. :)

Take your time and get the 4:30 flight out. $293.40/person.

I saw on Southwest website that Sept 5 they are opening up flight schedule through to April 9. Not experienced with this, but kind of surprised they use a holiday weekend. However, is, what it is.

Anyone have any idea what time of day this schedule will be online?

Thank you.

I saw on Southwest website that Sept 5 they are opening up flight schedule through to April 9. Not experienced with this, but kind of surprised they use a holiday weekend. However, is, what it is.

Anyone have any idea what time of day this schedule will be online?

Thank you.

I would check just after mid-night???

Thanks Texkan for your reply. Oh man gonna be a long night :).

You might call SW Customer Service and ask if they can advise on time the flights are posted. I did that last year and customer service was very nice to help me.

Good Luck.

We decided to not wait on SW for April Flights. AA has some very low fares so booked AA.

Hi Everyone,

We have been anxiously waiting for Airtrans next date release. It happend today. Our flight from GRR to SJU March 2-13 was only $450 compared to other airlines $640. Oddly enough, the $450 price is available through Travelocity, Expedia etc but not Airtrans own website. I called and they said the pricing is still being put into their system and it may take a day or two. Good luck!

We try to also book the day the flights are released. It seems that they are available around 11am on the stated date. This has been our experience for booking flights on our past 2 cruises. We did this for our upcoming cruise and got a wopping good deal of only $94 pp each way. Since it includes our baggage fees, we were very pleased. We did however select the Early-Bird check in and that was an extra $10 pp each way. We decided to do this as it will make things easier for the return flight as we wont have to worry about checking in 24 hrs bofore. They automatically do this for you. We opted to do it for the flight down to Fla too as my fiance is 6'4" and we need to make sure to get him a row with extra leg room, so for the $40 add'l bucks it is still a good deal. :)

Edited by Hoosiercouple

Thanks Hoosiercouple, most helpful.

I like the idea of the Early Bird checkin and will do that too.

So, just want to clarify here, by doing this Early Bird, means I will not have to brave the Internet Cafe and get printouts? When we check in South West, this info will be all done?

Thank you

Thanks Hoosiercouple, most helpful.

I like the idea of the Early Bird checkin and will do that too.

So, just want to clarify here, by doing this Early Bird, means I will not have to brave the Internet Cafe and get printouts? When we check in South West, this info will be all done?

Thank you

You will be good to go, no fighting to get to the onboard computers to do a check-in. SW will do the check-in for you and you will be in boarding group A. This is done 36 hrs before the flight so the EB's will be checked in before the passengers doing the 24 hr check in. It is really worth the money if you don't want to waste any of your cruise time. When you get to the airport, all you need to do is pick-up you boarding pass. You can also select to do the Early-Bird check in only for the return trip. This will save some $$ if you really don't need or want it for the first part of your trip.

When you go to purchase you ticket online, there will be box for you to check asking if you want the EB service. You can select it round trip or only for one-way. When your credit card statement shows up, it will not be rolled in with the flight charge, it will show as an additional $10 expense- just a heads-up on that for your records.

Edited by Hoosiercouple