Allegiant/JetBlue/SouthWest/Spirit/Virg Amer/-New opening of rate schedules-post here

Host Mike

According to the Southwest page: "On May 21, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2013."

So, now to keep watching, since I need Feb 2013.

Algebralovr or anyone else, Does Southwest starting selling at noon like Jet Blue or at 12h01 (after midnight) like Delta?

Also, does anyone know when the next block of Jet Blue will be available?

• 4 weeks later...

Ocean Boy, I am wondering the same thing! My sister-in-law works as mid level mgmt at SWA, and she says even employees don't necessarily know. Sometime by 2014. Sigh. I need San Juan tickets for mid-November this year, and was hoping the transition would take place first. It isn't looking likely though. I think the next block of dates will open June 4th on Air Tran/Southwest.

Edited by Marylandteachergirl

Ocean Boy, I am wondering the same thing! My sister-in-law works as mid level mgmt at SWA, and she says even employees don't necessarily know. Sometime by 2014. Sigh. I need San Juan tickets for mid-November this year, and was hoping the transition would take place first. It isn't looking likely though. I think the next block of dates will open June 4th on Air Tran/Southwest.

Bummer.:(

Algebralovr or anyone else, Does Southwest starting selling at noon like Jet Blue or at 12h01 (after midnight) like Delta?

Also, does anyone know when the next block of Jet Blue will be available?

Sorry, I don't know what time. I would just check when you get up that day.

JetBlue will be extending their schedule through February 13, 2013 tomorrow (Sun. 5/20) at noon.

Ya, I got an email from them and got excited for nothing! I need April dates so it looks like it will be a while :(

Do you know what time period it goes through?

Hi:) the website says through January 4th.

" On June 4, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

" On June 4, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through January 4, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

Thanks. I have to wait until the next round of openings.

If only they would post the time, it would make my life much easier.:rolleyes:

I set my alarm for midnight to book my cruise, got the cabin I wanted and the WOW sale.

I have to work Monday so checking for flights every few hours is a bit of a problem......

If I'm lucky it will be early and it will be a done deal before I leave for work.

Edited by monicajay

If only they would post the time, it would make my life much easier.:rolleyes:

I set my alarm for midnight to book my cruise, got the cabin I wanted and the WOW sale.

I have to work Monday so checking for flights every few hours is a bit of a problem......

If I'm lucky it will be early and it will be a done deal before I leave for work.

However, I have seen plenty of instances where SW does not open up with their best pricing. I am not convinced that booking on opening day is the best strategy.

However, I have seen plenty of instances where SW does not open up with their best pricing. I am not convinced that booking on opening day is the best strategy.

Hadn't thought of that. :cool: Thinking we'll book anyway for the flight we want and then try to get a credit if the price of the ticket falls.

Southwest opened up their schedule through Jan 2013. We were finally able to book our flights for our Thanksgiving cruise on the Carnival Breeze. I thought their fares were decent considering its Holiday season and when you take in the fact that they have no baggage fees! I'm a happy camper:D

Southwest opened up their schedule through Jan 2013. We were finally able to book our flights for our Thanksgiving cruise on the Carnival Breeze. I thought their fares were decent considering its Holiday season and when you take in the fact that they have no baggage fees! I'm a happy camper:D

raytownlady that is awesome we like SWA out of MCI but they weren't close on our September FLL trip we just booked and we couldn't see them getting down to our United rate for February. Southwest is the best airline out of KC in my opinion really happy for you.

waiting for the next block from SWA or Jet Blue. Any estimates??:o

According to SW site "We are currently accepting air reservations through January 4, 2013. On July 9, 2012, we will open our schedule for sale through February 13, 2013. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently."

• 3 weeks later...