Legend in Tampa and disembark

ldw81

We are looking to book a cruise in DEC on the Legend out of Tampa. The flights back home aren't great, either leaving before we get back to port or don't get us home until 12am!

I found a flight for 10:30...is that enough time to get off ship, to the airport, and board the plane without too much stress?

I found a flight for 10:30...is that enough time to get off ship, to the airport, and board the plane without too much stress?

It may or may not be doable depending on too many factors.

In any case, no matter what, there will be stress!

We are looking to book a cruise in DEC on the Legend out of Tampa. The flights back home aren't great, either leaving before we get back to port or don't get us home until 12am!

We are sailing on the Legend on Oct 31 and booked a return flight back to Indy on AirTran @ 11:35 do to a great $80 pp internet deal. I thought this time was pushing it a little also, We too are hoping for the best. I posted the same question a few days back and was advised to do the self assist disembark and grab a taxi to the airport.

I figured if we miss the flight then it will be our own fault and we will have learned a very valuable lesson.

We have a great PVP and I asked him to give me his honest opinion. He said that for our flight time of 11:35 he advised taking a taxi, pronto, and not waiting to catch a shuttle bus. This way there is no time wasted waiting for others to fill up the shuttle before it can depart. Good luck to you and have a great cruise.

I wouldn't try that 10:30AM flight... too many things can go wrong and you would miss it. On our Legend cruise a couple of years ago, everything ran very smoothly (did not use self disembark) and we were at the airport by 9:30AM but don't count on that happening as a matter of routine.

We got off the Legend a couple of months ago using the self assist option. We were off the ship by 7:45am and home by 8:30am.

Tampa airport is 10 minutes away from the port and on a Sunday morning there is light traffic at that time of morning and a cab can have you at TIA in just a few minutes.

As others have said, you just never know. We had a 11:55am flight after our cruise on the Legend, but were delayed getting back to port due to weather, and further delayed debark due to Customs issues. We did self-debark & made our flight... barely. Enjoy the cruise... the Legend is my favorite so far!!!!!

we are leaving in 2 weeks on the legend. We also have a 10:30 flight. Will be doing self disembark. I have heard it is going to be a little stressful but plan on taking a cab. I mean people are saying they got off at 7:30 8 am and then getting a cab you should be at the airport by 8:30. Ill let you know how it goes when i get back home.

We are sailing the Legend in December---maybe we'll see you! :)

Lots of people say that Tampa debark and airport is a breeze, they were at the airport hours early, blah blah blah.

For our December cruise, I was tempted by some early flights because of price, but I ultimately paid more for a later flight.

We leave at 12:30. I also chose a carrier that has more than one or two flights a day.

I was afraid that "if" we were late getting off the ship or "if" storms elsewhere wreaked havoc with airline schedules, we'd have trouble getting home.

Just my two cents...everyone is different! Have a great cruise!

On 2 different cruises out of Tampa we have been delayed embarking. Sea fog was the reason both times. Once we got off at 4:00 pm and another time 11:00 am. Several other times we got off easily by 9:00 am.

When we were on the Legend a couple months back we were docked when we woke up (around 7) - but disembarkation was delayed quite a bit (30-40 minutes after the scheduled start) - not really sure why. So you never know.

That being said, we had a flight at 11:30 and were told at the disembarkation talk that anyone with a flight before 12 could exchange their numbered luggage tags for #2 tags. So we were among the first in line following the self-assist. Getting our bags was easy, and the security line was not very long at that point. We got a cab almost immediately and were at the airport before 10, about 45 minutes after we got in line on the ship.

If it were me, I'd book the early flight, but take a list of alternate flights in the event you don't make it.

Archived