OK to bring food items on board?

mjroseville

I know NCL takes any alcohol people try to bring on board, but does anyone know if it's ok to bring food items? I would assume that it isn't a problem, but can't find anything saying that specifically. I am hypoglycemic and want to bring boxes of protein bars with me just in case my blood sugar drops while we're out on an excursion.

There should not be a problem bringing any prepackaged food on board or even taking it along on an excursion. You just can't package your own food, ie pack a sandwich or bring fruit.

you can also hit up the buffet each morning for things to take with you on your day in port. there is sure to be small snack foods to give you that boost of sugar you need.

Only if they are prepackaged things and there are not alot of them except for small boxes of cereal. ;) Anything else is a big no no in most ports.

I know NCL takes any alcohol people try to bring on board, but does anyone know if it's ok to bring food items? I would assume that it isn't a problem, but can't find anything saying that specifically. I am hypoglycemic and want to bring boxes of protein bars with me just in case my blood sugar drops while we're out on an excursion.

You might consider a medical alert bracelet - just in case you run into any problems on or off the ship.

Protein bars would be good to have along on excursions.

I have the same problem. I bring pre-packaged protein foods- granola bars, protein bars and my favorite- packs of nuts. I even bring a can of deluxe mixed nuts for the cabin. With all the food venues onboard, it always seems that I'm suddenly starving (low blood sugar) right when all those venues are closed for cleaning- and room service has a "slight delay" for whatever reason.

I also bring cheese & crackers back from the buffet to store in the mini-frig (or cooler). They don't last long (those frigs aren't too cold) and you can't take them ashore, but they're great for quick pick-me-ups.

Archived