Finally!!!!

I finally paid for my flights and everything for my cruise in September on Liberty of the seas. I have been planning for this since last December. Now I am officially excited :D:D:D

I was going to book Spirit Airlines (glad I did not) but picked Airtran ($82 each way from BWI to FLL). I am so excited that I want to start packing my bag. This is my first RCCL cruise. Last year I went on Carnival and it was not so good (had no clue that we would get to the bahamas on their holiday so all the stores were closed :(). I am trying to get my boyfriend to get excited but he wants to act all calm (I know deep inside he is jumping around). Is it normal to be this excited? I cant even focus. My only other concern is taking a case of water and capri-sun on the ship. Wonder if they will deliver it to my room if I put a tag on it. I can't wait!!!:D:D

I am, also, cruising in Sept. and feel like packing for it now. We are going to Canada/NE and many of the clothes I will be wearing on that cruise, I don't wear during the summer and early fall in CA. Enjoy your cruise and all of the fun waiting for it.

Is it normal to be this excited? I cant even focus.

Absolutely normal! The excitement eventually morphs into obsession, manifesting itself in an uncontrollable urge to follow the CC message boards seeking out as much information as you can about the ship, the ports, the menu, the activities, etc., etc., etc. Liberty OTS is a beautiful ship with an excellent staff. We've sailed on her several times and have never been disappointed. Check the roll call board to see who else is going on your cruise, and don't forget to sign up for the Meet & Mingle.

I finally paid for my flights and everything for my cruise in September on Liberty of the seas. I have been planning for this since last December. Now I am officially excited :D:D:D

I was going to book Spirit Airlines (glad I did not) but picked Airtran ($82 each way from BWI to FLL). I am so excited that I want to start packing my bag. This is my first RCCL cruise. Last year I went on Carnival and it was not so good (had no clue that we would get to the bahamas on their holiday so all the stores were closed :(). I am trying to get my boyfriend to get excited but he wants to act all calm (I know deep inside he is jumping around). Is it normal to be this excited? I cant even focus. My only other concern is taking a case of water and capri-sun on the ship. Wonder if they will deliver it to my room if I put a tag on it. I can't wait!!!:D:D

I can relate to your Bahamas experience-- when we arrived on Rome on our Princess cruise, it was Sunday & the Pope was blessing the new Cardinals, & by the time we could get to the Sistine Chapel, it was closed. When we got to Florence (similar to a city size Rodeo Drive) all the shops were closed on Mondays!

haha! I'm ready now for my cruise in Nov!!

I don't mean to spoil your cruise, but read this about bringing water and stuff on the ship. It's a new policy for the non-alcoholic beverages.

Onboard Policies

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports-of-call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing. Alcoholic beverages seized on embarkation day will not be returned.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Please Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids

I would try, but be prepared if it doesn't make it.

I finally paid for my flights and everything for my cruise in September on Liberty of the seas. I have been planning for this since last December. Now I am officially excited :D:D

First of all - Hail to the Redskins!

Secondly, that is one of the GREAT benefits of booking early. The excitement of anticipation. That is one of the reasons I love to book early and get on CC to enjoy the Pre-Cruise experience with other fellow passengers.

Go to the specific RCL thread that you are sailing and get involved with other passengers sailing on your specific sail date. A fun way to share the excitement and get to know others before you get on board. Also, sign up for the meet and mingle for your sailing. Someone on the thread can tell you how.

Have a GREAT cruise and GO SKINS!:)

First of all, I'm not cruising in September, but December. I'm not cruising from FLL but from San Juan...and most importantly...

I love your name, and Hail to the Redskins...lookin forward to Donovan. Go Skins!

Shipshape Sam & Nessa1dc: Hail to the Redskins!!! (glad to see some skins fans on here)

I can't wait for the new season to start. I will be missing 2 of the games but that is ok, I got a redskins bathing suit so I will cheer for them on the beach. LOL

Now that I see some other people saying that bringing some stuff on board will be a no-no. I might not. But I like to have water in the room at night and what if I dont want a soda package? I might just want a couple. I dont think that is fair. They only sell coke products right? I like pepsi products (diet pepsi). I might try it, Not sure yet.

Also, if I put a luggage tag on the case of water and capri-suns and they dont like it, they just won't deliver it to my room right? Can they really disembark me for that? It is not like I would be smuggling them in my bag. Just asking.....

Not sure anyone can give you a definintive answer. You will read that some smuggle stuff on and do not get caught/ some do get caught.

Understanding that you are not wanting to smuggle, but 'check' the case of water and capri-suns would suggest that you could as you say, put a cabin tag on them and see if they show up.

Not knowing how much water you drink, the water, in my opinion, tastes pretty good. Other than wanting to carry water around in a bottle, you could bring a couple of empty bottles on board and fill them up with the tap water and then have water handy when you want it. Not sure how to resolve the capr-suns need.

I love good strong/dark beers and unfortunately, they are not available on many cruises and you have to adapt. There is a lot of fun things/reasons to cruise, so don't let not getting cases of the above define the cruise for you.

------------

Haven't gone online to read what is the talk about Skins this year. I had hoped they would have drafted Tim Tebow as I think he is going to be a great player. Hard for me to get use to Donavan McNabb, but if he is a 'Skin' I will root for him. Hope we get some stability and winning from Mike Shanahan. AND back to the bad to the bones rivalry with the Cowboys.

ShipShape Sam: I think I might take that chance and if they make it to the room then fine if not then that will be okay also. My boyfriend loves capri-suns (yes he is a grown man, but he like the flavors. LOL)

on another note:

I am kind of glad that we did not pick up Tebow. I think he is and will be a great player but just not for the Skins. I am glad that we have Mcnabb because I think that we need that experienced player on there. So I will root for him but will not buy his jersey (I haven't found it in womens sizes anyway. LOL)

I would monitor your flights with AirTran as they tend to change flights times frequently. You may be close enough to your flights in September where there is a better chance that it will not happen. My most experience with Air Tran was that I booked a returning flight after a January cruise out of Orlando. I had a non-stop flight, which was dropped by AirTran and changed to a connecting flight through Atlanta. The only other non-stop that day was an early AM which I could not make because of the cruise. I was not happy about losing the non-stop flight, but tried to make the best of it. When I got the airport that day - found out that Atlanta airport was shut down for T-storms. Our flight was delayed about 5 hours before it left for Atlanta. Missed our connecting flight in Atlanta because of the delay, and had to stay in Atlanta overnight at my cost. AirTran was not able to re-book me the next day until a late afternoon flight. I usually book my flights early, and my experience with AirTran is that they change their flight schdules frequently.

ShipShape Sam: I think I might take that chance and if they make it to the room then fine if not then that will be okay also. My boyfriend loves capri-suns (yes he is a grown man, but he like the flavors. LOL)

on another note:

I am kind of glad that we did not pick up Tebow. I think he is and will be a great player but just not for the Skins. I am glad that we have Mcnabb because I think that we need that experienced player on there. So I will root for him but will not buy his jersey (I haven't found it in womens sizes anyway. LOL)

Have a GREAT cruise!

I am hoping to come up to DC area in early September for crabs and to watch Skins on TV. I have lived in Atlanta now since 1967, but most years make a trip back to DC area. My Dad lived in Falls Church and until he passed away in 2006, it was an annual tradition to go eat crabs and watch Redskins with about 8-10 other friends/family members. My DW always took a book to read. :)

Archived