Towels on Celebrity

Jo and Rob

Princess were very generous with pool towels, always providing fresh ones in your room and having a bin for dirty towels when you got back on the ship from a port.

Royal Caribbean however made you sign out towels with your cruise card and had a $20 fine if they weren't signed back in when returned.

What is the situation with Celebrity please?

towels for the pool are available at the pool. towels for going ashore and beach use are provided in the stateroom, typically the evening before the first port. They can be exchanged for new when dirty.

towels for the pool are available at the pool. towels for going ashore and beach use are provided in the stateroom, typically the evening before the first port. They can be exchanged for new when dirty.

No cruise card scanning then. That sounds much better than RCI.

Princess were very generous with pool towels, always providing fresh ones in your room and having a bin for dirty towels when you got back on the ship from a port.

Royal Caribbean however made you sign out towels with your cruise card and had a $20 fine if they weren't signed back in when returned.

What is the situation with Celebrity please?

Pool towels are provided in pool areas along with bins to leave wet pool towels.

Towels for beach trips ashore are provided in your cabin (very nice large towels). I do believe there is a charge if you do not return the beach towel to your cabin. Please check with Celebrity on this.

Yes, it's much better. Celebrity treats their passengers as if they were responsible adults! :D

LOL Not that I am thinking I won't enjoy my B2B on the Serenade, but I am SOOO Looking forward to booking and sailing with Celebrity, just for this reason! But, I guess when you cater to children you have to treat passengers like children.

LOL Not that I am thinking I won't enjoy my B2B on the Serenade, but I am SOOO Looking forward to booking and sailing with Celebrity, just for this reason! But, I guess when you cater to children you have to treat passengers like children.

Hopefully this was just a joke, but sorry, I have to take exception to this on my family's behalf. On other cruise lines, my children have been just as frustrated as I have been with the whole check out/check in system for the towels. I have also taught them to not take things that don't belong to them - they wouldn't take towels from a hotel either. And I really doubt that it's children who are taking off with the cruise lines' towels...;)

Hopefully this was just a joke, but sorry, I have to take exception to this on my family's behalf. On other cruise lines, my children have been just as frustrated as I have been with the whole check out/check in system for the towels. I have also taught them to not take things that don't belong to them - they wouldn't take towels from a hotel either. And I really doubt that it's children who are taking off with the cruise lines' towels...;)

I was only half joking, this had more to do with the way RCCL is positioning themselves in the market than their towel policy... I have no doubt that both adults and kids contribute to the misplacement of towels, but it does seem like RCCL wants to charge for everything these days. A previous posted stated that Celebrity treats their guests like responsible adults and lets them have all the towels they want... I was making reference to that statement and my frustration with RCCL.

I know this is a silly question, but when we were on our first Celebrity cruise in 2001 we purchased the beach towels and we still have them and they are in great shape.. They are a pale yellow color.. We have not been on Celebrity for 5 years and we were wanting to purchase some more, but would enjoy a new color... Can you let us know what color they are now...:)

We are really looking forward to going on the Solstice in October, and we appreciate all the great reviews and pictures... it makes it easier to wait so long.

Thanks again;)

Jackie

I know this is a silly question, but when we were on our first Celebrity cruise in 2001 we purchased the beach towels and we still have them and they are in great shape.. They are a pale yellow color.. We have not been on Celebrity for 5 years and we were wanting to purchase some more, but would enjoy a new color... Can you let us know what color they are now...:)

We are really looking forward to going on the Solstice in October, and we appreciate all the great reviews and pictures... it makes it easier to wait so long.

Thanks again;)

Jackie

Towels provided on Solstice 4/10 were still Yellow.

It is amazing how different the cruise lines treat towels.

At the opposite extreme from signing out towels, Disney had a bin for dirty/wet towels when coming back on board. Absolutely no attempt was made to track the towels.

Thanks again;)

Jackie

I agree! Yes, yellow towels are still the norm. Although on Century, we had some very nice towels in our SS with a navy stripe which have held up very well and they live on a boat. We purchased those. The ones we had in our Solstice CC weren't as nice IMO. Maybe AC and aboves have the better quality ones. I did notice on Solstice they were selling good towels in the gift shop.

I was only half joking, this had more to do with the way RCCL is positioning themselves in the market than their towel policy... I have no doubt that both adults and kids contribute to the misplacement of towels, but it does seem like RCCL wants to charge for everything these days. A previous posted stated that Celebrity treats their guests like responsible adults and lets them have all the towels they want... I was making reference to that statement and my frustration with RCCL.

Actually, We just cruised on Independence this past spring and the towel charge was in effect. I was told by crew members it was to try to help with the chair reservation (aka chair hog) issues. No more towels were strewn about to "reserve" chairs. It seemed to be working well as chairs seemed plentiful. It also seemed to help with keeping the towels in circulation thus ensuring a constant supply (rather than being abandoned about the ship). The stations were well staffed (even at 11:30 one night when we stopped for our port towels for the next day) and there was always a good supply of dry towels available for exchange. The whole thing was very well executed and we had no issues at all with this system. In fact, it was nice to always be able to get a towel easily when we needed one. :)

Actually, We just cruised on Independence this past spring and the towel charge was in effect. I was told by crew members it was to try to help with the chair reservation (aka chair hog) issues. No more towels were strewn about to "reserve" chairs. It seemed to be working well as chairs seemed plentiful. It also seemed to help with keeping the towels in circulation thus ensuring a constant supply (rather than being abandoned about the ship). The stations were well staffed (even at 11:30 one night when we stopped for our port towels for the next day) and there was always a good supply of dry towels available for exchange. The whole thing was very well executed and we had no issues at all with this system. In fact, it was nice to always be able to get a towel easily when we needed one. :)

I experienced this also on the Mariner recently..no problems with the service getting or returning towels.

On =X= I usually ended up with pool towels in our cabins that were wet and made more work for our cabin guy. This time I found I just turned in my wet one and got a "New" dry one after my pool time, which I took to the cabin with me and had for the start of the next days pool activities.

I found deck chairs around the pool at all times. Yes some folks left personal items but not in the same volume as all those towel covered ones in cruises past on =X=.

X should consider it I think. Just to manage "Chair Hogs" :)

$20.00 on your card. Get a towel, need a dry one exchange it. Leave it out to save a chair. Some one will take it for the $20 bucks. :D =

Chairs must be hogged with other things.

I was on the Independence recently and I thought the whole towel thing worked really well. People were not just leaving towels on sunbeds and disappearing for the day. You could always get a sunbed. Having been on the Ventura last year where people were reserving multiple sunbeds first thing in the morning and NEVER using them I think this is a great idea and worked very well.

Have just come off the Century having been on a Mediterranean cruise Plenty of towels. We normally stayed in the shade near the pool. We would venture out into the sun, taking more towels to deck 12. We always took our towels back and put them in the dirty bins. Pool Butlers continually took used towels off chairs which were unoccupied and brought fresh towels out.

We had big yellow towels in our stateroom. These had a blue strip at one end with a picture of a cruise ship woven into it.

Agree with pxy cda about the towels on the Independence. Have been on this ship five times and the system hasn't changed. We have been able to get two towels each. The Pool Butlers are out early so there is no chance of getting a towel without you Sea Pass card being swiped.

When using the lounges I like to use three towels - one covering the lounge, one for a headrest to support my head when reading, and another for under my knees to take pressure off my bad back. Never had a problem on Celebrity. But I can't do that on RCCL without some extended pleading, begging, trickery or borrowing from someone I'm travelling with - which makes RCCLs a less than desirable policy for me. Celebrity always has a stack of towels available so we can help ourselves.

I too appreciate the liberal towel situation on Celebrity. Pool towels are in a stack by the pool. Need 2 - just take them and put them in the bin when you're done. If you need an extra beach towel your stateroom attendant will provide it no problem.

As for the abundant supply of pool towels contributing to the chair hog problem: I never really thought of a chair with just a towel as being reserved. I've seen the pool attendants in the morning laying a towel on every chair.

I've also noticed that large numbers of patrons are too lazy to return the towels and just leave them on the chairs when they are done. So If I see chairs with just towels I'd presume that was the case and either throw them in the bin, or just set them aside and use the chair.

The other nice thing Celebrity does, that is similar in that it differs from other lines, is that there are very few PA announcements. The Captain makes a noon announcement each day and then the Cruise director gives and short run down afterward. He might promote bingo and other activities then but there are no other PA announcements all day except for things like crew drills and announcements when the ship is cleared for exit at ports of call.

We appreciate that Celebrity treats its passengers as trusted guests. You take as many towels as you need, whenever you need them, and return them when you are through with them.

We went on another cruise line that required us to check pool towels out and check them back in, as though we were junior high school students or prison inmates. We thought it was very cheesy and even somewhat insulting, implying that they were afraid we would otherwise try to steal their towels.

Archived