17 years and 345 days old: Allowed in the club and R shows?

gslargent

What i meant by being stuckup is she is going to be 18....why can't she hang out with or meet 17 year olds???? Thats what i meant by stuckup. I am 52 years old and can enjoy the company of any aged individuals. Thats all i meant no harm in my statement....i didn't mean she had to go to any clubs. Read over the OP's post you'll see what i mean.By the way my 17 year old does not like the clubs!!!!!!

no problem, u r certainly entitled to your opinion!;)

apparently, i mis-interpreted your post...then felt compelled to state my take on situation:D

:eek: wow.

...and you don't know the difference between being 18 and being 52???

Sure i do but apparently the OP's daughter can tell the difference between a 17 and 18 year old by just looking....she won't hang with anyone under 18 and she is turning 18 in the middle of the cruise! Geez I just can't figure this one out.....

Sure i do but apparently the OP's daughter can tell the difference between a 17 and 18 year old by just looking....she won't hang with anyone under 18 and she is turning 18 in the middle of the cruise! Geez I just can't figure this one out.....

...no, the kid is just about 18 and she doesn't want to hang out with the 15 to 17 year old group. I see nothing strange about this at all.

...no, the kid is just about 18 and she doesn't want to hang out with the 15 to 17 year old group. I see nothing strange about this at all.

So she is just about 18 - so she is still 17 - I still don't see why hanging with 17s is such a problem. Maybe they are more just about 18 than she is. It's like me - I am just about 60 but don't get senior discounts - gee - but I am almost 60 whine can't I get a discount too. There is a line drawn for a reason. If they want to try to get in or sneak her in - all the more power to them. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. My son hung out with 17-18 year olds because they thought he was their age - he was 15, they couldn't tell his age as it wasn't tatooed on his forehead. Many 15 - 17 are more mature than 18-19 so what is the big deal - hang with who is fun and age be damned.

So she is just about 18 - so she is still 17 - I still don't see why hanging with 17s is such a problem. Maybe they are more just about 18 than she is. It's like me - I am just about 60 but don't get senior discounts - gee - but I am almost 60 whine can't I get a discount too. There is a line drawn for a reason. If they want to try to get in or sneak her in - all the more power to them. Nothing ventured - nothing gained. My son hung out with 17-18 year olds because they thought he was their age - he was 15, they couldn't tell his age as it wasn't tatooed on his forehead. Many 15 - 17 are more mature than 18-19 so what is the big deal - hang with who is fun and age be damned.

:rolleyes:

I wish people would READ prior to posting with a quote.

I never stated that she should be allowed into the clubs. I was responding to another poster.

You're just about 60 so I'll forgive you just in case you are starting to become forgetful...but the 15 to 17 group is usually filled with 15 year olds (IF any kids at all) and there is a HUGE difference from someone 2 weeks from their 18th birthday and most 15 year olds.

halos with the e-smackdown :p

Ya he is the man that rules all threads. I don't even want to give him the satisfaction that he is all knowing and all superior to the rest of us lowly peons who also happen to have opinions.

Ya he is the man that rules all threads. I don't even want to give him the satisfaction that he is all knowing and all superior to the rest of us lowly peons who also happen to have opinions.

I'm a 'she' first of all...and I was responding to you because you quoted me and didn't comprehend my posts.

I don't think she should be allowed in the Clubs. I never said she should, so I guess I actually agree with your peon opinion, although that pains me.

I took offense to the poster who said the kid must be 'antisocial' or stuck up' and my responses were to THAT....unless, of course you think the kid is antisocial and stuck up too..... :rolleyes: then, my response is to you as well...just please comprehend it.

I'm a 'she' first of all...and I was responding to you because you quoted me and didn't comprehend my posts.

I don't think she should be allowed in the Clubs. I never said she should, so I guess I actually agree with your peon opinion, although that pains me.

I took offense to the poster who said the kid must be 'antisocial' or stuck up' and my responses were to THAT....unless, of course you think the kid is antisocial and stuck up too..... :rolleyes: then, my response is to you as well...just please comprehend it.

As it also pains me - I will apologize, I totally agree with you on so many levels especially about taking offense to the poster who said the kid was "Antisocial and stuck up" I did address that one too. So I guess i have to say "I comprehend it" I also will apologize for calling you a "he"

As it also pains me - I will apologize, I totally agree with you on so many levels especially about taking offense to the poster who said the kid was "Antisocial and stuck up" I did address that one too. So I guess i have to say "I comprehend it" I also will apologize for calling you a "he"

Apology accepted :) It's not like I never miscomprehended a post on here.... :p and you aren't the first to think I'm a guy, so I can forgive that as well.

As for the rules of the Clubs, keep in mind, I'm one of the 'rule followers'. I just don't get all freaked out when other people bend or break them ;)

You're very welcome. You seem to have a good heart, not unlike myself. :D

Thank you...and that heart loves the way you make me laugh every day :)....no matter what goes down on these boards :eek:

Your 100% right and thats what i was trying to convey but nobody understood me. When i was 7 i hungout with 10 - 12 year olds. Now at my old age i get along with all ages...my kids are 11,17, and 22 and i still play with or hang with all of them. And i could hang with a 85 year old. Just can't figure why 1 year or less even means so much to her.

Your 100% right and thats what i was trying to convey but nobody understood me. When i was 7 i hungout with 10 - 12 year olds. Now at my old age i get along with all ages...my kids are 11,17, and 22 and i still play with or hang with all of them. And i could hang with a 85 year old. Just can't figure why 1 year or less even means so much to her.

Because not everyone is like you. Isn't that what makes the world so great?

Thank God i say.....cause apparently you hate me for my opinion....remember these boards are either to help a fellow cruiser or to offer a opinion and i gave mine;)

Keep wearing that tinfoil hat dude. :p Hates a strong word.

~Joining in somewhat late~

Buutttt...

To the OP, I just wanted to add, that while Im not a prude, the 'R' rated comedy show can sometimes be much more then 'R' my DD is almost 21 and on the Ecstasy last time I was embaressed to be in the room knowing she was hearing it too...(Thank Goodness she was sitting a few rows up from me with some friends)--I know you said it was your SIL, so you probably have a different relationship with her, (more like friends) so it may not be an issue ;)

So....

to echo what others have said-->the 17yo will be allowed in the R-rated shows, but usually not in the Clubs.

And if she even makes the slightest she will probably meet others 'near her age' (17-20--the 'lost ages') to hang out with.

Doubt she will 'hate the cruise'

;)

Archived