Who's the best Carnival cruise director?

gslargent

We've cruised quite a bit and there are some I can't recall, others I would gladly have unplugged the PA on and just a few that stand out. We actually enjoyed Ryan Fitzgerald. Found him to be just the right balance. Not too perky and anouncement happy but out there and kept us informed. He dealt with a major disruption on debarkation and kept everyone happy. Two thumbs up:D

Jen Baxter also stands out in my mind for being smooth and even tempered. I guess we are just laid back peeps.

We have been on 16 cruises and out of all of them, I can only say I loved Ryan from the freedom. He and his staff were the most entertaining and professional of all. I believe it starts at the top. The Captain was the most outgoing captain I had experienced. Way to go Freedom and Staff. It was the best cruise of all. We did a back to back that time and I am so glad the staff was good.

My vote is for an up and coming CD. His name is Matt and he was the activity director on the Inspiration last year. When we cruised Victory last week, he was on as assistant CD with Karl with a K. He will soon be the CD for Victory and I just really love this guy! He is totally fun, cool and laid back!

I've been on a number of cruises and I couldn't name any of them. Some were less annoying than others but none stood out as making my trip more enjoyable. I'm leaving on the Glory tomorrow and I have no idea who will be running the show, couldn't care less......I am my cruise director.

I've been on a number of cruises and I couldn't name any of them. Some were less annoying than others but none stood out as making my trip more enjoyable. I'm leaving on the Glory tomorrow and I have no idea who will be running the show, couldn't care less......I am my cruise director.

I agaree!

I am on vacation, they play a small part in our cruise anyway, I mean seriously has a CD made a cruise terrible???

really?

Granted I've only been on one cruise, but I really liked Weeeee Jimmy on the Legend-he was super nice. Sat next to him at a show one night, we had a great conversation! He was helpful, informative and funny, without being overbearing. Nice guy.

• 2 weeks later...
My vote is for an up and coming CD. His name is Matt and he was the activity director on the Inspiration last year. When we cruised Victory last week, he was on as assistant CD with Karl with a K. He will soon be the CD for Victory and I just really love this guy! He is totally fun, cool and laid back!

I agree 100%!

Butch (or Butchy Baby) is the BEST! He was our CD on the Liberty - he really made the cruise so much fun - and when he said he would be the CD for the Dream, my teenage daughters insisted the Dream should be our next cruise... so we booked it. Unfortunately, we may have hit on his vacation time =( Oh well, from what I've read it looks like there are lots of good ones, so I won't be too nervous.

My first cruise the cd was female, but I can't remember her name. Our last cruise we had John Heald. I really liked him. :D Very funny and not just in a cheesy sort of way. He had a good way of balancing adult humor with a family sort of environment.

Hennie was our cruise director on the Fantasy a few weeks ago (when we booked, it was supposed to be John Heald, but John apparently let Hennie take the reigns a week early- the week of our cruise). He's a full fledged cruise director now, I guess, but I still found his sign off "I said bye bye" message very annoying.

I really liked Brent Mitchell, the cruise director from my cruise last year on the Destiny. No stupid sign off message, and he was a very down to earth, nice guy. Always saw him around the ship.

Henni was by far the MOST annoying person ever with that sign off! Our teenagers/young adults with us kept repeating it over and over-and laughing hysterically. I asked them if they liked him since they kept doing it. They looked at me like I was from Mars and said..."Uh....NO!" :rolleyes:

Jorge the BEST! Todd, the second bests.

It is fun to see what other people like. That's what makes the world go round!

Who ever is on my cruise at that time!!!

I think the most helpful, entertaining, engaging, hospitabile, and omni-present are: Chris Jefferson, John Heald, and Ralph (wee Jimmy). Big Tex is a hoot and warm and wonderful!!!

But, I think the best TEAM was this one...

misingphotos4022.jpg

Sarah, Donkey, Chris Jefferson, Marcello, and Simon. (Add Annie to this ... A PERFECT TEAM!!!)

misingphotos4024.jpg

I 100% agree with you there.. I had them on conquest in 09 and they were the best ever.

Archived