Biscayne Bay boat tour?

boomonster

LOoking at optioons for the day in Miami pre cruise.Some of us are going up to South Beac for the day but the older group doesn't much care to go. I saw something about the tour somewhere on the boards but was wondering if anyone has done this and which company to use? Like 5 or 6 different companies popped up all with the same name of course. Also One of us has Some mobility issues so wondering if this is even a good idea. She canwalk short distances but steps are a pain.Or is there plenty at the mall to do or I also see there is a park nearby.Sorry I have so many questions .It's usually just me and hubby but this time it's the whole fam damily.Thanks

I've done the boat tour twice and loved it. Doesn't really matter which company you use they basically give the same tour. Go with the best price or easiest to get on. I too have trouble doing stairs but had no problem and if memory serves me right there is a ramp to use. Another tip is don't wait too late in the evening. The first one was in the afternoon..a little warm but there is some shade on the boats. The 2nd one I did we decided to do a "sunset" tour. However by the time we got to seeing all the millionaire homes it was DARK! And you couldn't see a thing. I think we paid $12/person and this was about 5 yrs ago.

Jane

LOoking at optioons for the day in Miami pre cruise.Some of us are going up to South Beac for the day but the older group doesn't much care to go. I saw something about the tour somewhere on the boards but was wondering if anyone has done this and which company to use? Like 5 or 6 different companies popped up all with the same name of course. Also One of us has Some mobility issues so wondering if this is even a good idea. She canwalk short distances but steps are a pain.Or is there plenty at the mall to do or I also see there is a park nearby.Sorry I have so many questions .It's usually just me and hubby but this time it's the whole fam damily.Thanks

The absolute best tours are with Dr. George with the Historical Museum of Southern Florida. His link is in my blog.

Stiltsville is my absolute favorite and not only are his tours interesting and you learn a lot, the scenery is stunning.

You also still get a chance to see Rosie, Diddy, Gloria Estafan, and Shaq's houses on Star Island.

BlueHeron.. i had never heard of Stiltsville before now. What an interesting read! thanks.

I also looked into cruising the millionaire row. Seems no matter where i went, every tour company were selling tickets for the Island Queen which leaves Bayside Marketplace. Different prices but they were all between 21-26 bucks a person.

I think we'll just show up and see how full the next ship is.

BlueHeron.. i had never heard of Stiltsville before now. What an interesting read! thanks.

I also looked into cruising the millionaire row. Seems no matter where i went, every tour company were selling tickets for the Island Queen which leaves Bayside Marketplace. Different prices but they were all between 21-26 bucks a person.

I think we'll just show up and see how full the next ship is.

Just a tip that you can't buy any single family house on the water for under a million. The houses on Star Island (for the cruisers as you leave Gov't Cut, it is the last island on the left before you get to Fisher Island (right) and South Beach (left)) start at ten million and go up to about fifty.

Stiltsville is really stunning and Dr.George really knows his stuff but the tours are scheduled and they maybe only have ten or twelve a season and they rotate.

Archived