Are shorts and jeans really the norm in the dining room?

gslargent

Embug, we're not discussing other cruiselines. We're discussing SPECIFICALLY Carnvial. And that's not what you've been trying to say the whole time.

Are you confused as to how these messageboards work, or are you intentionally trolling in an attempt to perpetrate some messageboard performance art?

So now you are saying that I don't know what I am doing? Well obviously, I know you know how this works because I'm guess you spend all of your time on here tell people that they are wrong about everything?! Now, I have things to do. So you can continue thinking that you are right about everything, but I know what I said. Thanks, Bye!

Oh, and so everyone that was saying I was wrong knows, I said the Windjammer because I meant to put that on a RCCL board, I never said shorts are bad to wear in the main dining room, and when I said they don't like it when you wear shorts after 6p.m. i meant to post that also on a RCCL board because that is true on RC. :eek::p:D

WOW!! Ok, on RCCL they say that you shouldn't wear shorts after 6p.m. And if you would listen to what I said I never said that you shouldn't wear shorts in the main dining room. In the above statements, I may have said something about not ever being able to wear shorts int he main dining room and so did some other people. I THOUGHT WE HAD BEEN TALKING ABOUT RCCL!!!!!!!!! And yes, shorts are allowed on the CCL cruise ships but that doesn't mean that you have to wear shorts BUT YOU CAN!!!!! And when I said that they would stop you for wearing shorts, I meant to post that on another boards. I RCCL board. So this whole time, I have been trying to get what I just said into your brain, and you haven't been listening so you have been "debating" for no reason at all!!! GEEZ! Maybe you should slow down and chill! And I got into this debate when you started saying that none of the dining rooms on cruise ships are nice and that you have been to a 5 star resturant. And you also said that most Americans don't have the palette and pacience to have a 5 star meal. So, obviously you think you are better than most people. :)Thanks!:)

Well embug, I am sure Lemurcat will be by soon to comment in further detail, but take some of your own advice why dont ya. "slow down and chill" when you cant even keep track of which board you are posting on?

Move on! ;)

embug97....

why in the world do you think the staff would stop someone and tell them

that shorts are fine in the dining room, but since no one else is wearing them that they can't either.. so they need to go change ????

Oh my Gravy.... I have never heard anything so crazy !!!!

OMG!! I didn't. I meant to post that on a RCCL board and I thought I was onthat board momentarily. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT!!!!???:mad::mad::mad:

Well just because you don't like the meals doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't either. And yes, Carnival has a lesser standard for the formal dining room than others but that doesn't mean that the others don't. I enjoy the food. And I have also been to a 5 star resturant and the food is about the same and no they don't have the show but on a cruise it is all about the enjoyment. So they do a show to enjoy it not to criticize and be a rude and say that it is not a 5 star dining experience when it isn't really about that, it is about enjoying it, and having fun. I mean, you could go on a cruise and just criticize what is wrong and what they need to fix the whole time, which is pretty much what you are saying. :) Thanks.

If you're trying to compare Carnival's food to a 5-star experience because you have been to 5-star restauraunts and the food is the same, you don't know what you're talking about. You CANNOT get 5-star dining at $100-$200 per day. It's financially NOT possible. A 5-star dining experience includes ingredients and quality that you would NEVER find on a Carnival cruise..... NEVER, EVER!!!!!!!!!

WOW!! Ok, on RCCL they say that you shouldn't wear shorts after 6p.m.

Incorrect. You never specified Royal Caribbean. You are are on a Carnival board, discussing Carnival cruises. When it's been pointed out to you repeatedly that we are not discussing other cruiselines, you persist in your misinformation.

And if you would listen to what I said I never said that you shouldn't wear shorts in the main dining room.

Go re-read post #35.

In the above statements, I may have said something about not ever being able to wear shorts int he main dining room and so did some other people. I THOUGHT WE HAD BEEN TALKING ABOUT RCCL!!!!!!!!!

Even after it had been pointed out, repeatedly, that we were discussing Carnival's dresscode? And Carnival's dresscode was quoted? And linked to? And you're posting on a Carnival board? Please. Stop.

And yes, shorts are allowed on the CCL cruise ships but that doesn't mean that you have to wear shorts BUT YOU CAN!!!!! And when I said that they would stop you for wearing shorts, I meant to post that on another boards. I RCCL board. So this whole time, I have been trying to get what I just said into your brain, and you haven't been listening so you have been "debating" for no reason at all!!!

I've been reading and comprehending your posts quite well. You posted bad information, and rather than apologize for it, you persist in posting more bad information and then crying foul. Just stop. Please.

GEEZ! Maybe you should slow down and chill!

Sweetheart, I'm being positively patient with you.

And I got into this debate when you started saying that none of the dining rooms on cruise ships are nice and that you have been to a 5 star resturant.

Please point out where I said none of the dining rooms were nice.

And you also said that most Americans don't have the palette and pacience to have a 5 star meal.

No, that's a proven fact. Most Americans cannot sit through a 2 hour meal, much less a 3 and a half hour dining experience. Just like most Americans do not know the differnence between prime aged beef and choice.

So, obviously you think you are better than most people. :)Thanks!:)

Hardly. If I did, I would have said something to the effect of "Unlike I, who has actually experienced 5 star dining at some of the finest restaurants in the US and know the difference between Kobe and Wagu beef," which I didn't. I think you need to stop backpedaling and just let it go. It's okay to be wrong. It happens to all of us.

Ok, Wow... Leaving for our 1st cruise in 11 days and the title of this thread caught my eye, in I go, and WHAM!!! It ended up being a little comedic... but... my 14 year old is going to be very glad he can wear dress shorts on our CARNIVAL cruise! Woohoo!!! :)

What ship will you be on?

uhhmmmmmm.........ok. I wasn't saying what you just said, I said. OK, so maybe you need to try to listen to what others are trying to say. I didn't say I was trying to "change the dress code" I was just stating that you can dress nicer if you like but some people wouldn't like to do that. And you might care if you stick out when the staff on the ship asks you to change and you have brought nothing to change into. Yes, Carnival has a dress code but they also want people to have fun and also look nice at night. All day on the cruise you are wearing shorts, or in a bathing suit and that is casual. So dressing up at night should come pretty easy. And just so you know, I am not saying don't wear shorts to dinner. I am saying that you can wear shorts but you can also wear khakis/slacks to dinner. :)

Good Lord lol People are going to wear what they want to wear no matter what anyone has to say about it! I like wearing a summer dress for dinner and something fancier for eleglant night, hubby will wear long pants with lauren shirts, he looks good in it and we like dressing nicely even though he wears a suit to work (he is also smart and knows what his wife (me) likes him to wear :) I think on here instead of going on and on about it, everyone worry about what they want to wear and not what others choose to wear. If for some reason its not accepted (what they are wearing) then thats for that person to worry about and no one else. In the end having a fun and relaxing cruise is what really matters!

So now you are saying that I don't know what I am doing? Well obviously, I know you know how this works because I'm guess you spend all of your time on here tell people that they are wrong about everything?! Now, I have things to do. So you can continue thinking that you are right about everything, but I know what I said. Thanks, Bye!

I ask because you're posting RCCL specific information on the Carnival boards. I think you might have become lost in your internet travels, and rather than see you further dig yourself a proverbial hole, I was hoping to help you out. But apparently you'd rather snap at me. And I only tell people they are wrong when they're factually incorrect. Which you were. Because you were posting another cruiseline's dress code on Carnival's board.

Oh, and so everyone that was saying I was wrong knows, I said the Windjammer because I meant to put that on a RCCL board, I never said shorts are bad to wear in the main dining room, and when I said they don't like it when you wear shorts after 6p.m. i meant to post that also on a RCCL board because that is true on RC. :eek::p:D

I'll ask the question, if you meant to post that on the RCCL board, why are you still here justifying your misinformation instead of *posting* on the RCCL board?

Ok, Wow... Leaving for our 1st cruise in 11 days and the title of this thread caught my eye, in I go, and WHAM!!! It ended up being a little comedic... but... my 14 year old is going to be very glad he can wear dress shorts on our CARNIVAL cruise! Woohoo!!! :)

Just so you know ... they can't on RCCL after 6 PM. Or they can, but RCCL doesn't like it. And they might enforce it. Or they might not. I'm not sure, I've gotten a lot of mixed information on this topic lately. Not that that's really germane to your CCL cruise.

I ask because you're posting RCCL specific information on the Carnival boards. I think you might have become lost in your internet travels, and rather than see you further dig yourself a proverbial hole, I was hoping to help you out. But apparently you'd rather snap at me. And I only tell people they are wrong when they're factually incorrect. Which you were. Because you were posting another cruiseline's dress code on Carnival's board.

I'll ask the question, if you meant to post that on the RCCL board, why are you still here justifying your misinformation instead of *posting* on the RCCL board?

If you haven't understood before..... I said that I thought I was on a RCCL board. Why can't you get that through your head?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????:mad:

The staff isn't going to ask you to change for wearing shorts on non elegant nights...it's permitted! Christ on a cracker Embug! Your view of "appropriate" does not factor in at this point.

Morton's/Ruth's...all three stars. Wear your jeans & shorts!:D

Gotta love the "Christ on a cracker"!!!! Someone should have made some popcorn for this thread, almost as bad as smugglers :)

Because everyone is getting on my nerves by saying that I am wrong, especially you, when I am not. I meant to post it on a RCCL board and I ended up on this one. I am trying to get you to understand but obviously you can't understand things as simple as that!

If you haven't understood before..... I said that I thought I was on a RCCL board. Why can't you get that through your head?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????:mad:

Oh, I understand that well enough. In fact, I think I comprehended it before you did, about the time I posted the link the Carnival website and quoted the Carnival dress code and you continued to argue with me despite facts being what they are. What I don't understand is why, after it was pointed out repeatedly that you were, you persisted. Just call it a day and let it go.

I should probably take my own advice and let it go though. Some mysteries defy explanation.

Or I could call troll.

I am not saying that dress shorts are bad or anything. It is just that on some cruise lines it says that they do not like for people to wear shorts after 6p.m. but some people just can't wait to get out of their dinner attire after dinner. I am saying that.....sure you can wear shorts to dinner, but something a little more appropriate would be dress pants or khakis! GEEZ! :rolleyes:

Then go to that Cruises CC site and talk about it there

Well embug, I am sure Lemurcat will be by soon to comment in further detail, but take some of your own advice why dont ya. "slow down and chill" when you cant even keep track of which board you are posting on?

Move on! ;)

I meant to click on the RCCL board and I did. So I posted that and then i didn't noticed that I was on a CCL board until everyone started being so rude.

Because everyone is getting on my nerves by saying that I am wrong, especially you, when I am not.

You're not wrong. The information you posted was for another cruiseline. There, does that sooth your ego any?

I meant to post it on a RCCL board and I ended up on this one. I am trying to get you to understand but obviously you can't understand things as simple as that!

Oh, I understand it. In fact, I think I figured that out before you did. Do you need help finding the Royal Caribbean forum? Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

You're not wrong. The information you posted was for another cruiseline. There, does that sooth your ego any?

Oh, I understand it. In fact, I think I figured that out before you did. Do you need help finding the Royal Caribbean forum? Here's a link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83

HA! NO! I know where to find it. I have been on it before but this time, somehow the site redirected me to this board.

OMG!! I didn't. I meant to post that on a RCCL board and I thought I was onthat board momentarily. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THAT!!!!???:mad::mad::mad:

don't say you "didn't say it" why don't you say you mis-spoke ???? because you did say it.. you just said it on the Carnival site

and not the RCL... but it all comes down to giving RCL info for the OP

who said they were going on a Carvival cruise... it would have been easier for you to say you made a mistake and went back to the RCL site.

don't say you "didn't say it" why don't you say you mis-spoke ???? because you did say it.. you just said it on the Carnival site

and not the RCL... but it all comes down to giving RCL info for the OP

who said they were going on a Carvival cruise... it would have been easier for you to say you made a mistake and went back to the RCL site.

I tried to but you kept debating with me...............

Because everyone is getting on my nerves by saying that I am wrong, especially you, when I am not. I meant to post it on a RCCL board and I ended up on this one. I am trying to get you to understand but obviously you can't understand things as simple as that!

Ok, darlin', look at it this way:

Let's say you went the wrong way on a one-way street. Everyone would rightly conclude that you were wrong, because you went the wrong way on a one-way street. Now, you may have THOUGHT you were in the correct lane, you may have MEANT to be in the correct lane---but you weren't, so you were incorrect.

You were incorrect because you were on the wrong board (i.e., wrong lane). Had you been on the correct board, your statement would have been accurate; alas, you were on the wrong board, so your statement was incorrect.

Archived