Are shorts and jeans really the norm in the dining room?

gslargent

oh wow I cant believe I read the WHOLE thing... it was like a bad car wreck... I knew I shouldn't keep looking but I just couldn't help myself. As I was reading I found myself getting irritated and then Lemurcat came through and posted exactly what I wanted to post. :D made it easier to get through all 10 pages. Ah well I guess the the fun is over for now :rolleyes:

My husband has worn nice dress shorts with a nice polo or printed button up shirt to dinner and no one ever said anything. I think as long as you look nice and appropriate they let it slide. I have never seen anyone in cut off jeans or men with tank tops on so I guess they do stop them.

I wear my neon green SPEEDO thong over my "Depends!"

I don't think anyone notices.:rolleyes:

So THAT'S what that bulge was! :D

ok, someone hand me a knife so I can cut out my mind's eye! :eek:

My husband has worn nice dress shorts with a nice polo or printed button up shirt to dinner and no one ever said anything. I think as long as you look nice and appropriate they let it slide. I have never seen anyone in cut off jeans or men with tank tops on so I guess they do stop them.

They don't let it slide. It is acceptable per the dress code.

Dinner at Nick and Nora's hubby wore suit with tie, I wore a pantsuit as did rest of ladies in our party and our friend had his suit on minus the tie. We get up there and there is a guy in dockers and an island looking shirt. They never asked him leave. Our friend was grumbling about having to put on his suit when he saw this guy, we said tough this is the rules in this restaurant. He grumbled some more and hubby said to him "why do you think he's sitting in the corner. You've got a suit and you're in a nice spot in the restaurant:D"

The Steakhouses require a jacket for men ONLY on Elegant Night. Every other night, the Dockers are fine.

From CCL's web site:

Welcome to the Carnival Steakhouse! Prepare yourself for one of the most memorable dining experiences you’ve ever had. You’re in for a night of fun and delicious food including: prime USDA steaks grilled to perfection, broiled lobster tails and other mouth-watering favorites.

Here are a few things you’ll want to know first: There is a nominal charge of $30 per person for dinner.

The $30 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, desert and the wait staffs' gratuity.

Optional additional gratuities may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account.

Reservation fee does not include bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

Guests can request a table anytime between 6 PM and 9:30 PM.

Requesting your table at least two weeks prior to your sail date is recommended.

Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.

If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned.

Please allow 2 ½ hours for your dining experience.

Dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise.

All dining rooms are smoke-free.

Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class and Dream-class ships

I hear ya. Well, I choose to wear my jean shorts and sneakers to the dining room on non-elegant nights and that works just fine for me. I'm not buying new jeans/shorts just to make other people happy when I am perfectly content in my jean shorts in the MDR. Others can do as they like. As long at it's in compliance with Carnival's dress code, it's their perogative. Oh yeah, I don't wear polo collared shirts either, I wear my tee-shirts with pictures on them!

Ahhh..another post to prove my point (to my wife, against a cheap cruise) Jorts! No man should wear JORTS. Even if the so called 5-star (;)) meal comes off a sysco truck. I am so glad we found this site! Though I am very :confused::confused: as to why my post (first post) in the first time crusier section was deleted?????? Makes no sense and makes me wonder if the cruise lines don't have folks here who figure out what works to their advantage or is the TRUTH?

If you haven't understood before..... I said that I thought I was on a RCCL board. Why can't you get that through your head?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????:mad:

I had to skip the last 3 pages, just couldn't take it anymore. embug, why don't you just go back to the RCL boards if you are lost. Why keep up this nonsense? Someone will point the way. >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Ahhh..another post to prove my point (to my wife, against a cheap cruise) Jorts! No man should wear JORTS. Even if the so called 5-star (;)) meal comes off a sysco truck. I am so glad we found this site! Though I am very :confused::confused: as to why my post (first post) in the first time crusier section was deleted?????? Makes no sense and makes me wonder if the cruise lines don't have folks here who figure out what works to their advantage or is the TRUTH?

So the price you pay for the cruise impacts the dress code? What are you saying here? :confused:

Good for you and yours. Me and my DW will keep our uncouth selves on Carnival where I can wear my "jorts." The funny thing is that we are far from cheap when it comes to anything and we are not in the lower income bracket either (I think that is being implied in your post with your "cheap comment"). Where we work and live you don't have too many "cheap" folks lurking around. We just know how to let loose on vacation and we are mature enough to not care about what other people are wearing in the MDR. IMO (and it's just that...my opinion) it shows a serious lack of maturity to worry so much about what other people are doing. Mature folks know how to mind their business.

The Steakhouses require a jacket for men ONLY on Elegant Night. Every other night, the Dockers are fine.

From CCL's web site:

Welcome to the Carnival Steakhouse! Prepare yourself for one of the most memorable dining experiences you’ve ever had. You’re in for a night of fun and delicious food including: prime USDA steaks grilled to perfection, broiled lobster tails and other mouth-watering favorites.

Here are a few things you’ll want to know first: There is a nominal charge of $30 per person for dinner.

The $30 fee includes an appetizer, entrée, desert and the wait staffs' gratuity.

Optional additional gratuities may be extended in cash or to the guest's Sail & Sign Account.

Reservation fee does not include bar service such as wine, liquor, soda and bottled water.

Guests can request a table anytime between 6 PM and 9:30 PM.

Requesting your table at least two weeks prior to your sail date is recommended.

Requested dates and times will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.

If requested time is full, the next available time slot will be assigned.

Please allow 2 ½ hours for your dining experience.

Dress code requires that men wear jackets on the 'Cruise Elegant' nights of the cruise.

All dining rooms are smoke-free.

Steakhouses are only available on Conquest-class, Spirit-class and Dream-class ships

Wow did not know that --- I cannot recall if it was an elegant night that we booked. Definitely won't tell hubby's friend for all the complaining he was doing:D

I'm like the shorts thing for non elegant nights - too much clothes to bring, cuts down on that

CC boards help again!!!

it takes at least two to have an intelligent debate. Here we have folks that know this is the carnival board and what the carnival suggested dress code is and one that is very confused or is pretending to be.:eek:

roflol:d:d:d!

Prove it???? I've yet to figure out what your point even is???

.........although your motivations are loud and clear:cool:

Prove it???? I've yet to figure out what your point even is???

.........although your motivations are loud and clear:cool:

I was kind of wondering what he meant by that too....so took a peek the recent postings...most of them are condescending comments.

Heck, dont cruise then! More fun for us!

Good for you and yours. Me and my DW will keep our uncouth selves on Carnival where I can wear my "jorts." The funny thing is that we are far from cheap when it comes to anything and we are not in the lower income bracket either (I think that is being implied in your post with your "cheap comment"). Where we work and live you don't have too many "cheap" folks lurking around. We just know how to let loose on vacation and we are mature enough to not care about what other people are wearing in the MDR. IMO (and it's just that...my opinion) it shows a serious lack of maturity to worry so much about what other people are doing. Mature folks know how to mind their business.

Ok...WHO says JORTS??? Seriously? LOL!!

You go vacruisin...sport your jorts! :D

Ok...WHO says JORTS??? Seriously? LOL!!

You go vacruisin...sport your jorts! :D

Thanks DEBnGAB...I will gladly sport my jorts in the MDR. Do you think it'll look too ghetto-fabulous swiggin' from my bubba keg in the MDR? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Thanks DEBnGAB...I will gladly sport my jorts in the MDR. Do you think it'll look too ghetto-fabulous swiggin' from my bubba keg in the MDR? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just j/k. DW would deny my membership in the "balcony club" for such an act! :eek::eek:

As long as you use a neon green twirly straw from the Bubba Keg then I think you'll be just fine!!!!

As long as you use a neon green twirly straw from the Bubba Keg then I think you'll be just fine!!!!

Wilco! I might just pick up a few pairs of matching neon green jorts just for dinnertime. Should make for an interesting conversation piece with my poor tablemates! :eek: :eek: (In case you haven't noticed, I am a big fan of this emoticon)! :D:p:rolleyes:

Archived