Are shorts and jeans really the norm in the dining room?

gslargent

All this talking about dress codes, riles my fur for one reason only, it just seems that the more we lower our standards, we always seem to find a way to lower them more. If you ever were a disney fan, learn from Walt, always take things one more step higher than expected. This is true in dress, your friendships, your job, all aspects of your life. It makes your life a little richer. Just a theory, but I try to live by it everyday.:)

Wilco! I might just pick up a few pairs of matching neon green jorts just for dinnertime. Should make for an interesting conversation piece with my poor tablemates! :eek: :eek: (In case you haven't noticed, I am a big fan of this emoticon)! :D:p:rolleyes:

WHOA!! :eek: top that with the trucker cap and you're good to go!

All this talking about dress codes, riles my fur for one reason only, it just seems that the more we lower our standards, we always seem to find a way to lower them more. If you ever were a disney fan, learn from Walt, always take things one more step higher than expected. This is true in dress, your friendships, your job, all aspects of your life. It makes your life a little richer. Just a theory, but I try to live by it everyday.:)

Lots of really bad people are well dressed and polite.

Judging someone's "standards" by how they dress is pretty shallow and lazy too.

Seems like folks today are all about Me, Me Me, dress my way or the highway.

The "good old days" were not better and cruising (and dress) are not the same as they were in 1960.

Lots of really bad people are well dressed and polite.

Judging someone's "standards" by how they dress is pretty shallow and lazy too.

Seems like folks today are all about Me, Me Me, dress my way or the highway.

No doubt and well said MMCS!

Like trying to shine a turd!

Last cruise I was on in 2008, I wore nice shorts in the MDR every night but the formal nights....estimate that 30% to 40% were in shorts also. Going on the Conquest in late August and am only packing one pair of long pants (slacks) for formal night, but will be in shorts any other time. It is perfectly acceptable to to wear nice shorts and if someone has a problem with it....too bad.

But on vacation? I'm sorry but I am with ole Walt when it comes to most aspects of life but when it comes to vacation, being comfortable and enjoying myself is my number one priority. So, do you think the guys that participate in the hairy chest contest are lowering their standards? I mean I'm assuming (which is dangerous) that they don't go around pulling off their shirts and exposing their hairy backs and guts for the world to see on a daily basis. :eek: They are on vacation and that's how they choose to have fun. By forgetting about being, prim and proper all the time and doing something enjoyable to enhance their vacation experience.

If the dress code says you can wear shorts in the MDR I'm not understanding the problem that anyone is having with it. :confused: This ain't smuggling booze or using bungie cords to prop open your balcony door (which are against Carnival rules). We're talking about dressing in the MDR within Carnival rules. How is it lowering the standard when you're within the rules? Also, isn't vacation about getting away from all the seriousness of life, having fun and relaxing? If my idea of relaxing and having fun are within the rules set forth by Carnival then I am fine with that and I will continue to "lower" my standards while on vacation. Geez!

Some of you guys need to just learn to relax and stop worrying about what others are doing ALL THE TIME. I guarantee you'll enjoy life a lot better if you'd just let loose sometimes. My vacation is too short for me to worry about how somebody else is dressed in the MDR. While you're sitting there all upset about someone else's wardrobe I'll be at the bar having another crown and coke! :D

I am a best-selling author.

I am a nationally/internationally recognized speaker.

I have a successful radio talk show.

I "press the flesh" most every day. For me, it's nice to be able to get away and not wear make up, do my hair, or wear a bra. In no way do my clothing choices on a cruise mean that I've lowered my standards, whether it's on my vacation, in my job, or in my every day life.

I "press the flesh" most every day. For me, it's nice to be able to get away and not wear make up, do my hair, or wear a bra. In no way do my clothing choices on a cruise mean that I've lowered my standards, whether it's on my vacation, in my job, or in my every day life.

You go girrrlll!!!

I once almost read a book

They don't even recongnize me at family get togethers

I own a radio

I have never worn a Bra and I agree totally with chckie_mite. On the Bra thing I'm a guy does that make a difference?

I own a radio

I have never worn a Bra and I agree totally with chckie_mite. On the Bra thing I'm a guy does that make a difference?

I noticed that you "conveniently" left out whether or not you wear make up. :rolleyes::eek::cool:

:)

This is the internet. Be all you can be.

I own a radio

For you G-touch, that would be a "Bro" or a "Manzeer". ;)

Oh, Darling, if you ever really *knew* Walt like some of us knew Walt, you would simply be appalled! Between sanctioning those poor, poor lemmings being led off that cliff to picking the wrong side in World War II ... Walt had many, many faults. But that man could mix an Old Fashioned like no one's business!

I own a radio

Freakin' hilarious! Thanks for the true LOL! :)

The bra thing---don't ask, don't tell! ;)

Archived