Royal Caribbean Cabin Information Compilation -NO CABIN QUESTIONS POSTED HERE PLEASE!

Ship - Grandeur of the Seas 

Deck - 3

Stateroom # - 3090

Stateroom Category – Ocean View

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Quiet Stateroom?  – Yes, other than hearing young children run up and down the hallway at times and heard gangway equipment being moved around/put away one night.  Room is directly below the deck 4 gangway door.  I'd choose this room again.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.

Any other comments? - Room was just off the forward elevators, this made it very easy to get to other venues on the ship.DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0671.NEF

DSC_0672.JPG

DSC_0674.JPG

DSC_0670.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

Ship -Symphony of the Seas

Deck -8

Stateroom # -8140

Stateroom Category –Ocean view balcony (I think 8D)

Starboard or Port Side - port 

Quiet Stateroom? Yes

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -No 

Balcony View - great views- no obstructions

Balcony Size? Normal 

Was wind a problem? -no 

Any specific problems with this cabin? -not a problem, but be aware that cabin didn't have clotheslines in the shower, just two hooks for hanging wet suits. No hand cream provided, just soaps and shampoo.

Any other comments? -Sofa is by the balcony.  This deck has Central Park in the middle, which was very handy.  The cabin is a little forward of the forward elevators (no noise from elevator area or Central Park).  I loved the location on Deck 8 and would book this again without hesitation.  

Ship - Allure of the Seas

Deck - 11

Stateroom # - 11262

Stateroom Category –

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No. The cabin was a connecting cabin and the occupants of the adjacent cabin were loud. Beware of connecting cabins when booking as there is no soundproofing and nothing could be done to lessen the noise. Not far from elevators so you could hear children running above us often. 1000 children on-board our sailing 1/13.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Beautiful view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? -

Any other comments? -

Ship -  Oasis of the Seas

Deck - 14

Stateroom # - 14260

Stateroom Category –  Grand Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No.  This stateroom is directly below the path that goes from the aft elevator/stairs to the pools, so it gets a lot of noise from above (mainly the sound of running feet).  

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  balcony is shaded most of the time because Deck 14 balconies have a larger overhang, but other than that the view is good.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Normal for class - one round table with two chairs, plus two chairs with ottomans

Was wind a problem? -  No.  I actually slept on the balcony one night (I was on the norovirus cruise) and wind was definitely not an issue. 

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  No

Any other comments? -  We are a party of 3.  After my husband became ill while my daughter and I did not, I switched from sleeping in the bed to sleeping on the pull out couch.  The couch was surprisingly comfortable.  The chair/ottoman on the balcony was also fairly comfortable. 

Ship -Allure

Deck -11

Stateroom # -11241

Stateroom Category –2j

Starboard or Port Side -not sure

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -

Was wind a problem? -

Any other comments? -

On 6/23/2010 at 4:16 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Ship - Allure of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # - 510

Stateroom Category –

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –

Yes, only thing you hear is the loud toilets Once in a great while. Very quiet corner

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – N/A

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - NA

Was wind a problem? - NA

NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? - NONE

Any other comments? - LOVE the window in this room...floor to ceiling and on a angle so you can push your things towards the window side on the floor. I feel this creates a bigger room. 

34393E74-4F0F-4033-AE8C-7CBE7F4BEF9F.jpeg

AD186EFB-BC0D-4AC5-A1E5-7CAC42EAA574.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Ship -  Anthem

Deck -  13

Stateroom # -  13640

Stateroom Category –  J4

Starboard or Port Side -  Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  NO!  Very noisy cabin every night starting around 11:30pm.  Cabin is below kitchen area of Coastal Kitchen that is cleaned starting around 11:30pm  Loud noises can be heard as things are moved around, dropped, dragged and cleaned.  Some nights go longer than others.  Other times of the day, there is little to no noise from above.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Great, unobstructed view

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Normal sized balcony with two reclining chairs with footstools and one small table

Was wind a problem? -  No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Noise

Any other comments? -  This is what used to be called a spa junior suite with a split bathroom.  Has a loveseat, not a full couch and no side chairs as other JS cabins have.  It is in a great midship location, right near the elevators, convenient to WJ and pool deck.  If you are someone who is out late every night, this cabin would work.

Ship -  Symphony Of The Seas

Deck - 9

Stateroom # 9292 

Stateroom category - 8D , Balcony ocean view 

Starboard or port side - Port 

Quiet stateroom ? No

Would be a quiet room if the weather is nice. When the wind is high, it causes all sorts of noises. Sometimes it sounded like the ceiling panels were cracking, sometimes, it sounded like the people above me were tossing around furniture. I couldn't sleep 4 out of 7 nights. Had to go to Guest Services at 3am the 2nd night to ask for some ear plug, but I could still hear the noise through the ear plugs. They had security come to check out the problem and tried to tell me it happen when the wind is strong. I told them this is not the first time we stay in the balcony, and we never have problem with the wind before. We also had family in the two cabins next door and they didn't have any noise issues at all.

Also hope that they replace the safe in this cabin for next guests, as it broke the first day. They replaced the battery, it worked for two days then broke again. When they finally came to open the safe, they offered to replace it with a new safe. We told them not to bother as we don't have time to wait on them and stopped using the safe for the rest of the cruise.

Balcony view - Great

Balcony size - Normal size

Was wind a problem - Yes

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem - n/a

Any specific problems with this cabin - yes

The safe was broken so many times, loud noises from the ceiling panels

Ship - Voyager of the Seas

Deck - 12

Stateroom # - 1812

Stateroom Category – 1L Spacious Panoramic Ocean View

Starboard or Port Side - Fwd Starboard

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Generally quiet if there are no kids around. You are above the gym, beside the spa. Not much noise that comes into the room.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No balcony, it is a Ocean View stateroom with a panoramic window from floor to ceiling. This room gives a view of the Bridge from starboard side (around 45 degree angle facing forward). 

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Low water pressure in bathroom. All others are ok with lots of storage space, and sofa bed available for 3rd passenger.

Any other comments? - Recommended versus that of ocean views on lower decks. Get this instead. Getting to food venues was abit more of a hassle as you had to walk from Fwd to Aft all the time to get to Windjammer of the MDR. (open decks on deck 11 and 12 to cut over, unless you want to get to lower decks to cross over in air con)

Ship - Symphony of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7570

Category:  Balcony

Starboard or Port Side - Fwd Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – No Obstructions, nice view.  Glass paneling in front, and dividers between balconies could be removed.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Normal

Was wind a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No.

Any other comments? - Loved the proximity to elevator/stairs.

• 2 weeks later...

Ship -Explorer of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1620

Stateroom Category – Royal suite

Starboard or Port Side -Mid Ship Port side

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – No Smokers above 24hours chairs scrapping bumping and heavy foot traffic (against RCI rules that on Explorer class smokers are on the Starboard Side)

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Long but not deep. Able to see forward and aft unobstructed

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Oversize

Was wind a problem? - some times

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Suite in good condition, spoilt by Smoke from the smokers directly above filled the  balcony at times (no breakfast on the balcony only able to use spar 2 times without smoke filling the balcony).

Any other comments? - Good cabin in the wrong location.Unable to make use of the Suite concierge  lounge usually overflowing with Crown and Anchor members during free drinks time......

On 6/23/2010 at 2:16 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Ship - VISION of the Seas

Deck - 3

Stateroom # -  3652

Stateroom Category –  oceanview

Starboard or Port Side -  starboard

Quiet Stateroom? Mostly.  Being right below Dining Room we heard lots of moving/sliding things around especially at night

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - no

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –

Was wind a problem? -

Any specific problems with this cabin? - NO Refrigerator for cooling medications

Any other comments? - Very LONG WALK from closest elevators - I counted 150 steps

Edited by englander

• 3 weeks later...

Ship - Liberty of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # - 1704

Stateroom Category - 3B

Starboard or Port Side - Aft, slightly port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Utterly quiet, never heard a peep from anywhere or anyone.

Balcony View - An aft facing cabin has the very best views

Balcony Size? oversized 

Was wind a problem? - Not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - No

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No

Any other comments? - I would book this cabin again in a heart beat.  Aft facing cabins are huge and provide shade and a great sun bathing opportunity depending on where you set up your loungers.  The 10th deck location provides complete privacy.  Cabins on lower decks would have people above them who can look down into their deck area but that is not possible on the 10th deck. Our only concern going in was possible noise from being directly under the Windjammer but that fear was ill-placed. We never heard a thing.  I highly recommend this cabin.

azfbCeTOTCyF%Yn9uuGljg.jpg

kdOy+ugkTa62jwr9SzBuxg.jpg

Edited by Tree_skier
adding pics

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/23/2010 at 3:16 PM, Kokomo91165 said:

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Deck - Eight

Stateroom # - 8170

Stateroom Category – 4B

Starboard or Port Side - Just port of midline on stern (aft view balcony)

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – Yes, no noise at all from usual deck activity above, below, etc

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Aft view balcony, not obstructed. Very large balcony about 10 SqFt. Protected on port side by (structural?) steel bulkhead, and on the starboard side by typical balcony divider.Very private balcony. About 60% protected from rain/sun. Two reclining and comfortable loungers, two nice chairs, and two tables with wood-like tops.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Very large. About the size of those on the Caribe deck of some Princess ships.

Was wind a problem? - Never

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - Might have noticed a tiny amount one time which my wife did; I did not.

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Minor annoyances of most heads on this ships in similar category cabins:  Very tiny counter space around sink and not much shelf storage for toiletries, etc. We did not care for the small, circular shower, but its round doors were a lot nicer that the typical plastic sheeting in most other cruise lines.

Any other comments? - Very nicely appointed cabin, top notch visual appeal, not glaringly bright and obtrusive colors, etc. Furnishing all very good condition, EXCELLENT storage space in cabin and closets. Nice flat screen TV and small easy to open/close digital safe. Sliding door to balcony, EXCELLENT air conditioner; best of any ship in 30+ cruises on HAL, Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, NCL.

Edited by PaperSniper4

Ship Majesty of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # - 7545

Stateroom Category – Inside Hallway 

Quiet Stateroom?  Yes, very 

Balcony View - N/a

Balcony Size? N/a

Was wind a problem? - N/a

Any specific problems with this cabin? No

Any other comments? 

Ship -   Grandeur of the Seas

Deck - 7

Stateroom # -  7656

Stateroom Category –  Junior Suite

Starboard or Port Side -   Aft

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –   Mostly.  It was directly above the South Pacific Lounge so when there were activities at night, we could hear bass thumping music, etc. in our room.  It stopped by midnight but it was annoying enough that I needed earplugs.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –   Great view.  Almost in the middle of the ship on the aft.  It was great for watching the waves.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -   I'm not sure

Was wind a problem? -  Not that I experienced

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  No, I was pleasantly surprised.

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  We had some rocky days at sea and it caused the doors of the closets and the drawers to bang open and shut.  I'm not sure if that's specific to this cabin but worth mentioning.  Also the shower curtain wasn't long enough so every time one of us showered, we flooded the bathroom.

Any other comments? -   Cabin steward Gama was very attentive and nice.  Some noise/vibrating when pulling in or leaving from a port.  Mostly a good cabin but the noise and the shower would  make me think twice about reserving this one again.

1 hour ago, ukfunppl said:

Silly question but where do I find the PDF file, I am looking for any comments on

the Independence of the Seas stateroom 6516

Thanks

There is no PDF file. 

There is a spreadsheet that you can access at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P02jhe9iw-mXyk3L9xhEJ_8lv_j4LHI6Qt0TMYy_WP8/edit?pli=1#gid=109586028 that can be filtered and sorted to find the information you want.  

If you need help e-mail me at RCIcabincomp@gmail.com and I will try to assist. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Explorer of the Seas

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6242

Stateroom Category – JS

Starboard or Port Side - PORT

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –  All day long you can hear a swooshing sound which we were told are people flushing toilets above us. It would not bother at night but started pretty early in the AM.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? - NO

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  View good from balcony

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Larger size

Was wind a problem? - not at all

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - No except for the noise of flushing toilets

Any other comments? -  We did like the two bathrooms. One was just a water closet but had a sink and storage too. I used the extra bathroom and DW used the main one. 

IMG_0858.JPG

Ship -   Vision of the Seas

Deck - 8

Stateroom # -  8002

Stateroom Category –  Owners Suite

Starboard or Port Side -   Port

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –    It was fairly quiet.  We did hear some noise from above at times because the Lido was just above us.  We did have a sound machine which helped cut out most of the noise.

Was stateroom a connecting stateroom? -  No

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Great view.  No obstructions.  Large balcony with 2 lounge chairs and 2 small tables.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? -  Oversized

Was wind a problem? -  It wasn't bad.  We were at almost the very front of the ship but we didn't feel any more movement than in any other part of the ship.

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? -  N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  We had some rocky days at sea and it caused the bathroom door to swing back and forth.  We used a chair to stop that.

Any other comments? -   It was a very large cabin and very comfortable.  The door was wide enough for my wheelchair to get through.  I had always been advised to not get a cabin at the front of the ship.  However it was not a problem at all for us.   

Ship - Anthem of the Seas

Deck - 6

Stateroom # - 6142

Stateroom Category – Balcony

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) – very quiet, located above Royal Theater

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Great views straight out, obstructed to the front and rear.

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - Seemed normal for class.

Was wind a problem? - It could be windy but it wasn't too bad.

Any other comments? - 

• 2 weeks later...

Ship - Serenade of the Seas

Deck - 3

Stateroom # -3036

Stateroom Category –Oceanview (2N)

Quiet Stateroom? – Very. Not a lot of traffic even with the elevator close by.

Balcony View - N/A

Balcony Size - N/A

Was wind a problem? - N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? - Only thing to note is the closet has some sort of bulk head running vertically (I'm guessing it encloses pipes?) which means there is very little shelf space. (see photo)

Any other comments? - Great room, close to elevator and for disembarkation if using forward port side.

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1190.JPG

IMG_1191.JPG

IMG_1192.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

• Like 1

Ship -  Jewel of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # -  1078

Stateroom Category –  Junior Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –    You could hear noise from the Windjammer above of carts rolling across the tiled floor above.  If you are a light sleeper, could be a problem.  It really didn't bother me for the most part, but just a tad annoying.  

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Great view.  No obstructions.  Large balcony with 2 lounge chairs and 1 small tables.

Was wind a problem? -  It wasn't bad.  

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Noise from the Windjammer above.

Any other comments? -  Nice cabin, nice walk in closet.

Edited by Wine-O

Ship -  Jewel of the Seas

Deck - 10

Stateroom # -  1042

Stateroom Category –  Junior Suite

Quiet Stateroom? (With comments on problems) –    Quiet stateroom as we were on a port intensive cruise and not a lot of use of the pool deck above.   

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. –  Great view.  No obstructions.  Large balcony with 2 lounge chairs and 1 small tables.

Balcony Size?  Normal

Was wind a problem? -  It wasn't bad.  

Any specific problems with this cabin? -  Stateroom attendant had cart between 1040 and 1042, and there was a service closet right across the hall.  It appeared to be a place where the crew congregated.  A little noisy at times.

Any other comments? -  Nice cabin, nice walk in closet.