What do you miss from Carnival? Have they gone downhill?

gslargent

I miss the breakfast and lunch seating in the MDR. A few cruises back, if you had late seating at dinner, then you would have late breakfast and lunch seating at your assigned table.

In October last year, we had a farewell party on the Fantasy but it disappeared on the Inspiration in June.

In retrospect, we have been paying less per person per day as compared to our first cruise. The saying is, you get what you pay for.:o

There is sit down breakfast in the MDR every day of every cruise. And the same for lunch every sea day.

Let's see, I miss......

past guest pins - those in the gift shop are just not the same :(

roast beef at the deli

fruit punch

filet in the MDR, on the anytime menu

the doting customer service from all staff

seeing the Gala Buffet (although I agree it was wasteful)

LOL, DH just asked me to add the steak sandwiches at the grille

But to be fair, they have added things that we like too.....

adult/serenity areas

anytime dining

mongolian wok

rotisserie

MDR brunch

So...all in all maybe it is a trade-off except for the loss of the overall customer service :cool:

The food quality has gone downhill. The live music is mostly gone in the lounges, replaced by Karaoke.:( One of the comedians on our last trip was absolutely the worst that I've seen. If they water down the drinks, I'll have to find a new line.:mad: And this is from someone who has taken 7 Carnival cruises.

There is sit down breakfast in the MDR every day of every cruise. And the same for lunch every sea day.

I think the poster is referring to having an assigned table and an assigned seating for breakfast and lunch as opposed to the open seating that is used now.

I think the poster is referring to having an assigned table and an assigned seating for breakfast and lunch as opposed to the open seating that is used now.

Assigned seating for breakfast and lunch ended when full Lido buffets came into being. That's got to be over 20-25 years ago.

Assigned seating for breakfast and lunch ended when full Lido buffets came into being. That's got to be over 20-25 years ago.

Actually less than that. We started cruising about 16 years ago and for the first few years we had assigned seats for breakfast and lunch.

Liked it that way but understand why the cruise lines made the change.

LOL, it was a while ago, but I don't think it was 20-25 years...I started cruising in the 90's and I remember assigned tables and times in the MDR for all meals.

Its not something I personally miss though. I've never gone to the MDR for breakfast or lunch.

LOL, it was a while ago, but I don't think it was 20-25 years...I started cruising in the 90's and I remember assigned tables and times in the MDR for all meals.

Its not something I personally miss though. I've never gone to the MDR for breakfast or lunch.

LOL. I remember a budget Epirotiki around 8000 (can not quite remember but SMALL) ton tiny ship in 1980 with assigned seating and just super fancy white glove service in the dining room.

I love meeting people in the unassigned seating in the main when I want that...and...

I also love no cost room service and keeping it to one big meal a day in main dining room. I have to get on an "other than Fantasy class ship" to keep an open mind on the "buffet zoo".

Archived