Is the smell of smoke a problem at the front of the Eclipse?

Jo and Rob

I've read a couple of threads stating that the smell of smoke can be a real problem on the port side of the ship on deck 6. My question is has anyone on deck 7 experienced a problem and if the answer is yes, was it towards the front of the ship?

many thanks

Only when those pesky smoked salmon light up before the ship runs them over and serves them for dinner.

Seriously, your question is valid and for the reasons stated, I have booked my cruise on the Eclipse in December in a cabin on the starboard side of the ship. At this point, I cannot give you any advice on the matter since I have yet to sail on the ship.

There are two older ships in this class, and one review all of a sudden has everyone in a panic over smoke from the 5th deck. The previous two ships in this class had the exact same layout, including smoking areas, and I don't recall one earlier complaint about smelling smoke. I really think it's a rare occurence (not picking on you Jo and Rob, that one review has lead to a bunch of similar threads).

There are two older ships in this class, and one review all of a sudden has everyone in a panic over smoke from the 5th deck. The previous two ships in this class had the exact same layout, including smoking areas, and I don't recall one earlier complaint about smelling smoke. I really think it's a rare occurence (not picking on you Jo and Rob, that one review has lead to a bunch of similar threads).

You are right sometimes one thread does cause a panic. We have already changed our cabin once to get a bunk after being informed here that a double sofa bed only sleeps one! so I do take these boards seriously. As to the double thread comment, I did not want to hijack a thread about a mid-ship deck six location (I did check the deck plans before I posted to see whether I was close to the earlier threads location and I am not)

Archived