Help which cabin? RCCL E1 or D3?

kmp70

Have aft cabin booked on Explorer of the seas to Bermuda in October, Cat E1. Now I find out the cruise price has dropped and I can upgrade to the same price in a D3 cabin. Not sure if I should give up my aft cabin deluxe room, or go with the D3 superior room on deck 6?

I am in 9690 aft, should say I'm traveling solo as well, looking forward to the aft cabin, so might stay put...I'll have to see if I can find some pics to compare...

thanks for the quick reply!

Your E aft cabin will be wonderful, especially since you do not have to step over anyone else in your cabin.

There is something magical watching the wake from an aft balcony. Keep your great cabin!

Just a note: your D3 cabin on deck 6 will have a balcony front made of steel which extends higher compared to other decks on that ship (Voyager, Explorer and Adventure only) making the view slightly more restricted. While I'm not a fan of aft cabins, especially on Voyager class ships, I'd say keep the E1 unless you can get a D balcony that's not on deck 6.

Would you believe we have booked that exact same cabin for a 2011 cruise? I'll be real interested to know what you think of it when you return.

Also, thanks to all of you for your comments on not upgrading to the D3. We'll watch for that on our cruise.

ChaChing:)

Do a search on the RCI board for pictures or 9260. They are out there. My daughter and I stayed in its equivalent of the Liberty and found it to be a snug, cozy cabin. I would think it would be perfect for solo traveling'

Thanks everyone for your comments, I told my TA to keep the E1 9690 aft, since its probably the only opportunity I'll have to try it out. Even better that the price has gone down!

Thanks everyone for your comments, I told my TA to keep the E1 9690 aft, since its probably the only opportunity I'll have to try it out. Even better that the price has gone down!

I think you made the right decision. It isn't everyday you can get an aft cabin. By the way, when are you sailing? My husband and I will be in that exact cabin on the 10/28/10 cruise.

Enjoy and let us know how the aft cabin is.

I think you made the right decision. It isn't everyday you can get an aft cabin. By the way, when are you sailing? My husband and I will be in that exact cabin on the 10/28/10 cruise.

Enjoy and let us know how the aft cabin is.

I'm traveling on the october 23rd 5 night bermuda. cant wait!

We were on AOS in 6690 with all that metal going on and never again. Maybe the higher up you can see better aft, but I know we were disappointed.

Archived